Jerry Remy son charged with murder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Jerry Remy son charged with murder

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Between his depression, cancer, son's previous legal troubles, and now this, Jerry certainly has had his share of tsuris.  Somehow, through all of it, he has remained chipper on the air.  Maybe that's the way he copes and/or his baseball work is a welcomed distraction from it all.  

This will present another challenge for him.  You figure at some point he's got to breaK (maybe off the air).  

There really isn't much to say, especially since a horrible tragedy has already occured and cannot be reversed, no matter what his son's role was.  For my own selfish reasons, I hope Jerry can carry on because I have listened to him so much, for so long, that he is like a familiar friend.  He and the Red Sox have been a welcomed distraction for me and probably for many of you as well.

couldn't have stated it better myself bro. he's had more than his share of tsuris for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

Four times arrested on assaulting women. Two restraining orders.

The steroid posession arrest, among others.

This is one bad seed.

My prayers for the four year old, who may have witnessed her mother being horribly murdered.

Agreed...the entire crew of Remy kids have had serious police and court involvement and beating up on their mates, including the Remy daughter...makes you wonder what went on in that house while the kids were growing up....the least of my thoughts go out to Jerry and his announcing duties...a woman was brutally murdered by being repeatedly stabbed to death in front of her child and someone here is worried about Jerry Remy and whether he'll be announcing tonight? Are you serious?

Get a clue..someone died at the hands a brutal , disgusting and VERY ugly murderer...how the maggot got with that beauty is beyond me....what a roid filled pig!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This country needs to take a hard look at domestic violence and punish more severly. You slam a woman's face in mirror and are released on your own recognizance ... how in the hell, especially with his history of domestic abuse,  does that happen?? My prayers for Jennifer's family and the Remys, but the legal system really need to change the way we handle domestic abuse. Any man who hits a woman is not a man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I hope the DA and judge feel good about themselves. I hate Lawyers!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Jarad Remey, has been charged in a domestic violence stabbing death of a 27 year old woman, in Waltham Mass. He had been arrested and released Wednesday. He has been taken  into custody, awaiting arraignment

murder in Waltham - Jared Remy "believed to be the son" of Jerry Remy arrested for allegedly stabbing his girlfriend to death update @9am

Sick Sick Sick.......My thoughts are with Remdog..... Another battle to overcome.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

This country needs to take a hard look at domestic violence and punish more severly. You slam a woman's face in mirror and are released on your own recognizance ... how in the hell, especially with his history of domestic abuse,  does that happen?? My prayers for Jennifer's family and the Remys, but the legal system really need to change the way we handle domestic abuse. Any man who hits a woman is not a man.

That applies to all violent criminals, not restricted to domestic abuse. There are far too many violent, dangerous individuals walking the streets. Many, if not most , of them have given us ample warning with their behavior. We ignore that warning at our peril. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

That applies to all violent criminals, not restricted to domestic abuse. There are far too many violent, dangerous individuals walking the streets. Many, if not most , of them have given us ample warning with their behavior. We ignore that warning at our peril. 

I totally agree.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPNBoston.com:

Dennis Eckersley will fill in for Jerry Remy as the color analyst for NESN Red Sox game broadcasts starting tonight and through at least the team’s upcoming West Coast trip (Aug. 19-25), the network announced. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont care if Remy set his kids on fire as a Dad...there is no excuse for killing anyone - let alone someone you love....a bad seed

As always - 100% correct!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Between his depression, cancer, son's previous legal troubles, and now this, Jerry certainly has had his share of tsuris.  Somehow, through all of it, he has remained chipper on the air.  Maybe that's the way he copes and/or his baseball work is a welcomed distraction from it all.  

This will present another challenge for him.  You figure at some point he's got to breaK (maybe off the air).  

There really isn't much to say, especially since a horrible tragedy has already occured and cannot be reversed, no matter what his son's role was.  For my own selfish reasons, I hope Jerry can carry on because I have listened to him so much, for so long, that he is like a familiar friend.  He and the Red Sox have been a welcomed distraction for me and probably for many of you as well.

couldn't have stated it better myself bro. he's had more than his share of tsuris for sure.

Good use of the Yiddish noun. Horrible for the family of the deceased, and horrible for Jared Remy's father. He has had more than his share of tsuris. I can only wish him well. Its going to be very difficult for him now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i dont care if Remy set his kids on fire as a Dad...there is no excuse for killing anyone - let alone someone you love....a bad seed

Yup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

While I agree with the overall sentiment, domestic violence has been treated different over the years by police and society. "Oh, it's a family matter, nothing to see here." And hurting someone you allegedly love is the crime of all  crimes in my book.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From ESPNBoston.com:

Dennis Eckersley will fill in for Jerry Remy as the color analyst for NESN Red Sox game broadcasts starting tonight and through at least the team’s upcoming West Coast trip (Aug. 19-25), the network announced. 

Most Likely The End Of Jerry In The Booth, He,s Not In The Best Of Health, This Will Eat Him Up.. Very Sad News, Condolences To Both Familys.....Frown'''

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

While I agree with the overall sentiment, domestic violence has been treated different over the years by police and society. "Oh, it's a family matter, nothing to see here." And hurting someone you allegedly love is the crime of all  crimes in my book.

Absolutely. There should be no tolerance for domestic violence. Part of the problem is that the wife / girl friend sometimes refuses to press charges.  Restraining orders are not too effective. The justice system needs to take a hard line on this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It's too bad the murder happened in Massachusetts and not Texas.  Wouldn't everyone agree?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to S5's comment:

I don't quite know how to respond to this.  This is a tragedy for everyone involved regardless of families, but it seems to hit a little closer to home if it's Jerry's son.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

The only difference that an innocent woman's family and 4 y.o. daughter lost her and that Remy's son is a batterer and a murderer.

Yup, there are two families that are never going to be the same...

Stupid and senseless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Such a sad story.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sad indeed.

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

how could such a jocular guy like jerry create such a demented looking and vile monster like his son? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9573218/jerry-remy-son-faces-murder-charge

Remy  said severe dyslexia left him virtually illiterate and unable to go to college, so he had fallen in with the wrong crowd in younger years. He talked about generous financial support, including help with his rent, from his father, Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy

Sections
Shortcuts