Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

story:bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

good to hear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Can't keep the Rem-Dawg down!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

The only person that might be bummed is Eck who did a fine job filling in for the Rem Dog... such a tough past handful of years for Jerry... I hope this will be the turn of events that can help him from here on forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WOW  !!   Good for him !!  I hope it works out for him !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only person that might be bummed is Eck who did a fine job filling in for the Rem Dog... such a tough past handful of years for Jerry... I hope this will be the turn of events that can help him from here on forward.

[/QUOTE]

Ha.  i doubt Eck is bummed.  He is awesome and loves the color fill-in.  But I dont think Eck wants the slog of the full-time gig.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I really never cared for him as an announcer. Way too much self-promotion, such as panning the crowd for those "Remdawg" placards. I found that raelly annoying. I like Eck much better..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I'm surprised, but glad to hear, Remy is coming back.

Eck already said he wouldn't do it. He doesn't want the traveling anymore, He filled in when Remy was out ill, a few years ago, but only did the home games, saying he had enough when he played. He agree to fill last year, under the circumstances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Welcome back, Jerry!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I doubt he does even close to 162.  Thankfully there is a mute button and the radio,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Glad to hear it. I hope the public and the Media let him be himself. His and Orsillo's banter is what makes them a good team.....he clearly is concerned that he will criticism for being funny or light hearted....and that would be a shame......there will never be anyway for anyone to make up for what is son did, but Jerry needs to go on with his life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

nice to hear that Remy is up to it, but a loss for Bosx fans..Remy has lost his edge and it comes thru loud and clear in his broadcasts IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In his announcement to a small number of reporters, Remy, 61, addressed Martel's death.

"I hope in no way that my decision to come back has a negative impact on the Martel family," Remy said, according to the Telegram & Gazette. I'm quite certain they'll understand that we have to make a living. Unfortunately, mine's in the public eye."

Remy had also missed games earlier in the season because of cancer and other illnesses.

"It was a difficult off-season," Remy tweeted. "Appreciate all your support."

NESN confirmed Remy's return on Monday, stating that he would start his 27th season covering the Red Sox during spring training.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24557862/2014/01/27/jerry-remy-announces-return-to-nesn-for-2014-season#ixzz2rdgsnobb

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

That's great news!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I'll never understand why players/announcers get beat up for wanting to make a living,  or look for more money and provide for their families. I'm sure all the whiners would say no thank you to a pay raise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll never understand why players/announcers get beat up for wanting to make a living,  or look for more money and provide for their families. I'm sure all the whiners would say no thank you to a pay raise.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Evidently making money is a sin, according to some.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

no, I have no issue with anyone having side businesses, a name on a restaurant or what have you. I simply feel that Remy has gotten lazy, doesnt stay on top of the game and meanders, has failed to acknowledge anything to do with metrics, and still takes a point of view on playing the game from an 80's perspective. 

Give me Eck, Gabe Kapler, Sean Casey and many, many others over Remy. This is a prime gig covering the Sox, and we as fans deserve better

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt he does even close to 162.  Thankfully there is a mute button and the radio,

[/QUOTE]
    yeah, I tried that when ever espn had a sox game. two much of a time delay between the two. you knew what already happened by the time it came from Joe C's microphone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

That's great news!

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure this is right thing for him or organization. Once this thing goes to court, he's going to be asked about it everyday. Something he will have to deal with and bring alot of attention away from the team. Just think it might be best he was at his sons side to help thru this ordeal and return once this nightmare is over. Another yr would not hurt and sure team would find a place for him once he returns.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's great news!

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure this is right thing for him or organization. Once this thing goes to court, he's going to be asked about it everyday. Something he will have to deal with and bring alot of attention away from the team. Just think it might be best he was at his sons side to help thru this ordeal and return once this nightmare is over. Another yr would not hurt and sure team would find a place for him once he returns.

[/QUOTE]

He isn't too happy with his son, basically saying he is going away for murder after the trial. So I dont how much he plans to be by his side. The case isn't to October at the earliest so he would have to deal with that during the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's great news!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that decision is for anyone but Remy and the folks at NESN.

It's not like the NESN guys are going to grill him about it daily.

I also don't think he's going to be holding any press conferences.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

no, I have no issue with anyone having side businesses, a name on a restaurant or what have you. I simply feel that Remy has gotten lazy, doesnt stay on top of the game and meanders, has failed to acknowledge anything to do with metrics, and still takes a point of view on playing the game from an 80's perspective. 

Give me Eck, Gabe Kapler, Sean Casey and many, many others over Remy. This is a prime gig covering the Sox, and we as fans deserve better

[/QUOTE]

If you say so. I don't agree.

As for "acknowledging metrics" , I haven't heard many of Remy's replacements doing that.

Eck is too busy talking "cheese" and "moss".

I like Eck, but he's already stated he's not interested in doing it full time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's great news!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he'll address it, on air, once. He'll acknowledge it, thank everyone for their support, hope everyone understands his decision, and move on. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's great news!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he'll address it, on air, once. He'll acknowledge it, thank everyone for their support, hope everyone understands his decision, and move on. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup.