Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

I'll never understand why players/announcers get beat up for wanting to make a living,  or look for more money and provide for their families. I'm sure all the whiners would say no thank you to a pay raise.

Yup.

Evidently making money is a sin, according to some.

no, I have no issue with anyone having side businesses, a name on a restaurant or what have you. I simply feel that Remy has gotten lazy, doesnt stay on top of the game and meanders, has failed to acknowledge anything to do with metrics, and still takes a point of view on playing the game from an 80's perspective. 

Give me Eck, Gabe Kapler, Sean Casey and many, many others over Remy. This is a prime gig covering the Sox, and we as fans deserve better

I doubt anyone has an issue with Jerry making money.  I have been to Jerry's place in the seaport location many times and even since this has all happened.  From listening to Jerry this morning on weei, he will need to go back to work for the sox to pay for high price defense team for his son.

The bottom line for me is I think ECK is a better analyst. I respect the system we have and if John Henry thinks it is ok, I will still tune into every game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I doubt he does even close to 162.  Thankfully there is a mute button and the radio,

So you can listen to Joe C advertise Shaws and David OBrien talk about the Marlins for 3 hours?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I'll never understand why players/announcers get beat up for wanting to make a living,  or look for more money and provide for their families. I'm sure all the whiners would say no thank you to a pay raise.

Yup.

no, I have no issue with anyone having side businesses, a name on a restaurant or what have you. I simply feel that Remy has gotten lazy, doesnt stay on top of the game and meanders, has failed to acknowledge anything to do with metrics, and still takes a point of view on playing the game from an 80's perspective. 

Give me Eck, Gabe Kapler, Sean Casey and many, many others over Remy. This is a prime gig covering the Sox, and we as fans deserve better

I doubt anyone has an issue with Jerry making money.  I have been to Jerry's place in the seaport location many times and even since this has all happened.  From listening to Jerry this morning on weei, he will need to go back to work for the sox to pay for high price defense team for his son.

The bottom line for me is I think ECK is a better analyst. I respect the system we have and if John Henry thinks it is ok, I will still tune into every game.

He has nearly come out and said his son is a murderer I don't think he is going to hire anyone like Hernendez has hired.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/2014/01/tomase_

jerry_remy_deserves_a_chance_to_rebuild_his_life?utm_source=Today+in+Sports+January+28%2C+2014&utm_campaign=Jan+23++2013&utm_medium=email

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Yup.

He has nearly come out and said his son is a murderer I don't think he is going to hire anyone like Hernendez has hired.

I think the lawyers are already in place and the cost will not be as high as hernandez but it will be high.  Listening to the interview it sounds like Jerry is going for custody of his grandchild.  he said in the interview that three families are going for custody.  If he uses his money to get cutody over the victim's family, this will be another issue talked about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I think the lawyers are already in place and the cost will not be as high as hernandez but it will be high.  Listening to the interview it sounds like Jerry is going for custody of his grandchild.  he said in the interview that three families are going for custody.  If he uses his money to get cutody over the victim's family, this will be another issue talked about.

remy's track record for raising kids isnt very good.  perhaps he should bow out and give one of the other 2 parties a s|-|ot......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I give the Red Sox credit, for supporting and standing behind Remy. They could have easily told him they didn't feel returning was best, for the organization, as it may make some uncomfortable.  He may return and decide he can't do it, but deserves the chance to try

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yup.

Odd, I didn't hear anything about the cost of his son's defense, or his needing money, during that interview.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Yup.

Odd, I didn't hear anything about the cost of his son's defense, or his needing money, during that interview.

jackbu hears what jackbu wants to hear. Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

jackbu hears what jackbu wants to hear. Wink

Nothing new there....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

WOW  !!   Good for him !!  I hope it works out for him !!

Well, thats what I said yesterday    After sleeping on it, this is a ZERO win for both Jerry & the Red Sox........  This could be a hugh ugly time for all concerned.....  Distraction for all......  Jerry, Nesn, Red Sox, & RED SOX Nation !!!!   Don't be surprised if this gets "RE-THUNK"  !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yup.

Shouldn't the grand child go where the child has the greatest oppertunity to succeed? Assuming the Remy's have more money than the Martells, the Remy's provide the greatest oppertunity.

Back to the main point. Why do you think Remy is supporting him? Jared Remy says he is innocent and Jerry Remy has said he is guilty. Why would he pay for thim to get off? Remy has said his son is going to jail for the rest of his life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Shouldn't the grand child go where the child has the greatest oppertunity to succeed? Assuming the Remy's have more money than the Martells, the Remy's provide the greatest oppertunity.

Back to the main point. Why do you think Remy is supporting him? Jared Remy says he is innocent and Jerry Remy has said he is guilty. Why would he pay for thim to get off? Remy has said his son is going to jail for the rest of his life.

I also didn't hear anything about "sole custody".

Could be as simple as all parties want to protect their right to be invovled in the child's life.

The bottom line is, none of us know enough about that subject to casting aspersions on anyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://audio.weei.com/a/86621630/jerry-remy-on-his-decision-to-return-to-the-booth.htm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I am very happy that Jerry Remy is coming back!!!!! Yes, the events revolving around his son are beyond words, but, it was his son, not Jerry Remy who is charged.  Jerry has provided my family and I a lot of joy listening to him in the booth. 

Let's parse this properly.... His son is charged with a crime, justice will be done. Jerry has to live with this tragedy as a parent, would any of us who are parents, in the same situation, not feel a mix of guilt, pain, anguish and Lord knows what else? Jerry did not commit the crime, but in the public eye he is serving a certain "sense of time", the public display of what happened over the summer.

I ask that we all, those of us who do, pray for Jerry and those impacted by this event.  We cannot undue what has happened, but hopefully Jerry and others will try and make the future better for his grandchild, as better as is humanly possible under the circumstances.

Let Jerry come back to work and bring joy and use his public stage for creating better in this world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere....but this could have more to do with Remy's contract. He did sign a five year contract in April.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere....but this could have more to do with Remy's contract. He did sign a five year contract in April.

Ehhhhh.... nothing is impossible and it COULD be, but I doubt it.  I don't think even Larry Luccino is cold-hearted enough to hold Jerry to that contract.  

Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Ehhhhh.... nothing is impossible and it COULD be, but I doubt it.  I don't think even Larry Luccino is cold-hearted enough to hold Jerry to that contract.  

Smile

When he took a leave of absence last year, they said they would welcome him back, the decision was his and they would support it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Doesn't anyone feeling bad for Orsillo having to act like nothing ever happened with Remy sitting there...joking, telling stories etc.??  I think Remy is screwing up Orsillo's career.

Remy needs money??  What did he do with the money he made while playing and then broadcasting?

It was a BIG, selfish act for Remy to return.  It was the perfect opportunity to retire without having to prove anything to himself.

If I was Orsillo, I'd be pizzed.  Who could blame him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Doesn't anyone feeling bad for Orsillo having to act like nothing ever happened with Remy sitting there...joking, telling stories etc.??  I think Remy is screwing up Orsillo's career.

Remy needs money??  What did he do with the money he made while playing and then broadcasting?

It was a BIG, selfish act for Remy to return.  It was the perfect opportunity to retire without having to prove anything to himself.

Why would he be pizzed? Remy told him to act like he always does. If Orsillo can't handle that it just shows he is unprofessional.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Why would he be pizzed? Remy told him to act like he always does. If Orsillo can't handle that it just shows he is unprofessional.

Argee.

This crew has been doing this for a long time.

I'm sure they can deal with it appropriately.

Remy said it himself; if it's not working, he's quitting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

If it isn't working he will not have to quit.  The sox will buy out his contract and keep the front door open for him to come back on some level.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Smile

iTS NOT AS MUCH ABOUT "holding Jerrys feet to the fire", as it is about the Jerry & a law suit against the SOX & NESN !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Joe, the crystal has been shattered.  What they once had can never be replaced.  Unlike what 4B's thinks, it really has nothing to do with professionalism.

If it's true that Remy said he'd quit if things weren't working well, I think that's a fair end solution.

Orsillo would be pizzed because of the circumstances he won't be able to be himself and interact like they once did.  This negative effect could have an effect on his future.

Like I said, I'm astounded that Remy doesn't have the money and it's obvious that the only thing he's thinking of if his personal healing and monetary situation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Joe, the crystal has been shattered.  What they once had can never be replaced.  Unlike what 4B's thinks, it really has nothing to do with professionalism.

If it's true that Remy said he'd quit if things weren't working well, I think that's a fair end solution.

Orsillo would be pizzed because of the circumstances he won't be able to be himself and interact like they once did.  This negative effect could have an effect on his future.

Like I said, I'm astounded that Remy doesn't have the money and it's obvious that the only thing he's thinking of if his personal healing and monetary situation.

It's baseball, not international diplomacy.

I don't know about you, but I've seen some people who've been dealt a tough hand, who were still able to share a laugh with friends.

The circumstances are such that no one, in any of the families, will be the same.

But, does that mean the rest of their lives have to be shrouded in grief, without being able to do their jobs and have a laugh with a co-worker?

Are comedians supposed to pack it in and sell insurance, if they're hit with a family tragedy?

How about actors? Are they supposed to only take on serious roles?

Heaven forbid someone see them act happy.

I'm sure everyone involved thinks about it everyday.

But, just giving up isn't the right thing to do.

Finally, you have no clue as to what he's thinking and to suggest you do is beyond arrogant.

Sections
Shortcuts