Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's baseball, not international diplomacy.

I don't know about you, but I've seen some people who've been dealt a tough hand, who were still able to share a laugh with friends.

The circumstances are such that no one, in any of the families, will be the same.

But, does that mean the rest of their lives have to be shrouded in grief, without being able to do their jobs and have a laugh with a co-worker?

Are comedians supposed to pack it in and sell insurance, if they're hit with a family tragedy?

How about actors? Are they supposed to only take on serious roles?

Heaven forbid someone see them act happy.

I'm sure everyone involved thinks about it everyday.

But, just giving up isn't the right thing to do.

Finally, you have no clue as to what he's thinking and to suggest you do is beyond arrogant.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand those who want to condemn Jerry for the acts of his son.  None of us know the full details of what happened, nor are we in his shoes, so to judge the decisions he makes regarding his career is wrong, IMO.  As I said in the other thread, I welcome him back.   This is in no way meant to diminish the tragedy or the suffering of the victim or her family.

Everyone heals in different ways.  For many, getting back to some type of routine and normalcy is what they need to heal.

Remy sounds like he is completely understanding and sensitive to all those that could be affected by his decision.  If it's not working, he will step down.

In the meantime, he should be given a fair chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't understand those who want to condemn Jerry for the acts of his son.  None of us know the full details of what happened, nor are we in his shoes, so to judge the decisions he makes regarding his career is wrong, IMO.  As I said in the other thread, I welcome him back.   This is in no way meant to diminish the tragedy or the suffering of the victim or her family.

Everyone heals in different ways.  For many, getting back to some type of routine and normalcy is what they need to heal.

Remy sounds like he is completely understanding and sensitive to all those that could be affected by his decision.  If it's not working, he will step down.

[/QUOTE]

+1

I'd be very surprised if anyone here has had to deal with the things Remy has in the last few years.

I guess that once one has decided to dislike Remy's color commentary skills, one needs to find other reasons to keep him out of the job, or just trash him, in general.

The guy should allowed to give it a try. If it does work out, it doesn't work out.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His statements infer that he needs to return to the job because he enjoys it so much and it is fulfilling and will occupy his mind.  It hope that it works out well for him.

[/QUOTE]

That's all the reason he needs, as far as I'm concerned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's baseball, not international diplomacy.

I don't know about you, but I've seen some people who've been dealt a tough hand, who were still able to share a laugh with friends.

The circumstances are such that no one, in any of the families, will be the same.

But, does that mean the rest of their lives have to be shrouded in grief, without being able to do their jobs and have a laugh with a co-worker?

Are comedians supposed to pack it in and sell insurance, if they're hit with a family tragedy?

How about actors? Are they supposed to only take on serious roles?

Heaven forbid someone see them act happy.

I'm sure everyone involved thinks about it everyday.

But, just giving up isn't the right thing to do.

Finally, you have no clue as to what he's thinking and to suggest you do is beyond arrogant.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post. Agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll never understand why players/announcers get beat up for wanting to make a living,  or look for more money and provide for their families. I'm sure all the whiners would say no thank you to a pay raise.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Evidently making money is a sin, according to some.

[/QUOTE]

no, I have no issue with anyone having side businesses, a name on a restaurant or what have you. I simply feel that Remy has gotten lazy, doesnt stay on top of the game and meanders, has failed to acknowledge anything to do with metrics, and still takes a point of view on playing the game from an 80's perspective. 

Give me Eck, Gabe Kapler, Sean Casey and many, many others over Remy. This is a prime gig covering the Sox, and we as fans deserve better

[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone has an issue with Jerry making money.  I have been to Jerry's place in the seaport location many times and even since this has all happened.  From listening to Jerry this morning on weei, he will need to go back to work for the sox to pay for high price defense team for his son.

The bottom line for me is I think ECK is a better analyst. I respect the system we have and if John Henry thinks it is ok, I will still tune into every game.

[/QUOTE]

He has nearly come out and said his son is a murderer I don't think he is going to hire anyone like Hernendez has hired.

[/QUOTE]

I think the lawyers are already in place and the cost will not be as high as hernandez but it will be high.  Listening to the interview it sounds like Jerry is going for custody of his grandchild.  he said in the interview that three families are going for custody.  If he uses his money to get cutody over the victim's family, this will be another issue talked about.

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't the grand child go where the child has the greatest oppertunity to succeed? Assuming the Remy's have more money than the Martells, the Remy's provide the greatest oppertunity.

Back to the main point. Why do you think Remy is supporting him? Jared Remy says he is innocent and Jerry Remy has said he is guilty. Why would he pay for thim to get off? Remy has said his son is going to jail for the rest of his life.

[/QUOTE]

Well..thank God courts don't make custody decisions based on who has the most money! Personnally I agree with the other posters who stated that Remy's track record with child rearing isn't exactly great. I hope custody goes to the Martell's without question.

I will also add that I feel like it is in poor taste for him to return so soon. I think NESN will see how it goes for a few days. I've heard comments on the radio and people seem split 50/50 ( at least the people who call into radio shows). I think if it's awkward or uncomfortable in any way Remy might be done.  I am sure there are still some people who enjoy Remy in the booth..but I was not one of them before this all happened. I think the commentary was better without him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well..thank God courts don't make custody decisions based on who has the most money! Personnally I agree with the other posters who stated that Remy's track record with child rearing isn't exactly great. I hope custody goes to the Martell's without question.

I will also add that I feel like it is in poor taste for him to return so soon. I think NESN will see how it goes for a few days. I've heard comments on the radio and people seem split 50/50 ( at least the people who call into radio shows). I think if it's awkward or uncomfortable in any way Remy might be done.  I am sure there are still some people who enjoy Remy in the booth..but I was not one of them before this all happened. I think the commentary was better without him.

Know the Martell's personally, do you?

Thank god the courts don't listen to sport talk radio or sports boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll never understand why players/announcers get beat up for wanting to make a living,  or look for more money and provide for their families. I'm sure all the whiners would say no thank you to a pay raise.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

no, I have no issue with anyone having side businesses, a name on a restaurant or what have you. I simply feel that Remy has gotten lazy, doesnt stay on top of the game and meanders, has failed to acknowledge anything to do with metrics, and still takes a point of view on playing the game from an 80's perspective. 

Give me Eck, Gabe Kapler, Sean Casey and many, many others over Remy. This is a prime gig covering the Sox, and we as fans deserve better

[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone has an issue with Jerry making money.  I have been to Jerry's place in the seaport location many times and even since this has all happened.  From listening to Jerry this morning on weei, he will need to go back to work for the sox to pay for high price defense team for his son.

The bottom line for me is I think ECK is a better analyst. I respect the system we have and if John Henry thinks it is ok, I will still tune into every game.

[/QUOTE]

He has nearly come out and said his son is a murderer I don't think he is going to hire anyone like Hernendez has hired.

[/QUOTE]

I think the lawyers are already in place and the cost will not be as high as hernandez but it will be high.  Listening to the interview it sounds like Jerry is going for custody of his grandchild.  he said in the interview that three families are going for custody.  If he uses his money to get cutody over the victim's family, this will be another issue talked about.

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't the grand child go where the child has the greatest oppertunity to succeed? Assuming the Remy's have more money than the Martells, the Remy's provide the greatest oppertunity.

Back to the main point. Why do you think Remy is supporting him? Jared Remy says he is innocent and Jerry Remy has said he is guilty. Why would he pay for thim to get off? Remy has said his son is going to jail for the rest of his life.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

do you have a link to prove the split was 50/50?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She is a mom so I think that qualifies her to have an  idea of what it would feel to lose a child.  I doubt there are too many people in this world who would want their murdered daughter's child to go the alleged murderer's parents. Parent's who asked not to take out a restraining order against their son and who are paying for thier high priced defense team. Parent's who don't have a good track record of parenting.

Sorry, I don't have a link to back that up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes..thank God the courts don't listen to any of this..lol. I don't know the Martell's personally..but I'd rather take my chances with them any day of the week.

The beauty of these kinds of online forums is that we all get to share our opinions. Not everyone likes Remy. If you do..power to you..and I don't begrudge you your opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As soon as I saw the 'thank god' i knew Remy didn't have a chance. Christians---judging and crtiticizing people for over 2000 years.

[/QUOTE]

Good grief..lol. You took my words WAY to literally.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yikes! No..sorry. Most things in life don't have links as I am sure you know. Funny the things people ask for links for...lol. Whatever did we do before computers and the interwebs??

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She is a mom so I think that qualifies her to have an  idea of what it would feel to lose a child.  I doubt there are too many people in this world who would want their murdered daughter's child to go the alleged murderer's parents. Parent's who asked not to take out a restraining order against their son and who are paying for thier high priced defense team. Parent's who don't have a good track record of parenting.

[/QUOTE]

Where did you read Remy was paying for any defense team let alone a high price one? He has stated his Son is going away for the rest of his life. I know you don't like him, just don't make up facts around the death of human being to support your argument.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

And not ONE word about how Orsillo may be affected.  It's incredible and narrow minded.

Of course, someone will say "how do you know how Orsillo feels", or "they're professional, it doesn't matter".  Whatever.

People may call it 'arrogant', but it's what to expect when a thought doesn't agree with theirs.

And yes, I didn't like Remy in the booth.  I feel Eck is much better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm happy for Remy as he has had a rough year but I feel sorry for myself as I find him increasingly bland. I like my color guys with more of an edge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm happy for Remy as he has had a rough year but I feel sorry for myself as I find him increasingly bland. I like my color guys with more of an edge.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Remy has had it tough.  But, so has Orsillo for having to act like everything is normal in the booth with him potentially affecting his career.  And how about the dead girl's family?  I think they have it pretty rough too....and no healthy six-figure income to go back to and read about how 'poor' Jerry Remy has blown all the money he made and needs to go back to work to help defend his creepo, steroid-taking, loser son.

I say to Jerry Remy to cut the umbilical cord and let the drug user take responsibility for his own actions and not depend on mommy or daddy to pay his bills.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+10000

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Must be a real burden for many to be so perfect they feel the need to point fingers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yikes! No..sorry. Most things in life don't have links as I am sure you know. Funny the things people ask for links for...lol. Whatever did we do before computers and the interwebs??

[/QUOTE]

I am glad you got my joke.  Getting out and asking questions face to face is still the best marketing research.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did you read Remy was paying for any defense team let alone a high price one? He has stated his Son is going away for the rest of his life. I know you don't like him, just don't make up facts around the death of human being to support your argument.

[/QUOTE]

Has his kid taken a plea deal yet?  Has his kid admitted in front of a judge that he is guitly?  There is a trial set for the beginning of October. Remy is not going to let a public defender represent his kid.  Remy has been spending up to 60k per year in rehab for his kid already.  Remy was paying for his kid's apt.  Remy will spend lots of money on a defense, even if it is to get the charges reduced.

I don't like him as a broadcaster, used to but no any longer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Yes, Remy has had it tough.  But, so has Orsillo for having to act like everything is normal in the booth with him potentially affecting his career.  And how about the dead girl's family?  I think they have it pretty rough too....and no healthy six-figure income to go back to and read about how 'poor' Jerry Remy has blown all the money he made and needs to go back to work to help defend his creepo, steroid-taking, loser son.

I say to Jerry Remy to cut the umbilical cord and let the drug user take responsibility for his own actions and not depend on mommy or daddy to pay his bills.

Amp, last I heard, initially he had a public defender. That may have changed, but I haven't heard anything about a high priced defense lawyer. Honestly there's not much, if any, defense, and MA doesnt have the death penalty, so there's little to no reason, to have one. As Remy said, this isn't a case of trying to get away with murder. Just needs to to protect his constitutional rights, so the verdict is upheld. 

Sections
Shortcuts