Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Jerry Remy will return to the Red Sox broadcasting booth next season

In response to miscricket's comment:

I read this last night..and I thought this was a great summation of how Remy's return is going to play out.

FTR..I have been very clear that I keep the my feelings for Remy's booth skills separate from this incident. I am not using the tragedy as an excuse to run him off because I don't like his skills. That is just an insane accusation on the face of it.

The reality is that ..as this opinion piece below suggests is that it's not just Remy in the booth with Orsillo...it's Remy, this tragedy and his son in the booth..at least that is what the public perception is likely to be.

What remains is how it plays. How comfortable or uncomfortable people seem laughing it up at Remy's schtick. After all..for much of the public when they see Remy on TV it's going to remind them of this murder. Just a fact no matter how unfair. The question is how long it continues.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2014/01/red_sox_fans_will_have_final_say_on_jerry_remy.html

Cricket:

That is a great article.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I read this last night..and I thought this was a great summation of how Remy's return is going to play out.

FTR..I have been very clear that I keep the my feelings for Remy's booth skills separate from this incident. I am not using the tragedy as an excuse to run him off because I don't like his skills. That is just an insane accusation on the face of it.

The reality is that ..as this opinion piece below suggests is that it's not just Remy in the booth with Orsillo...it's Remy, this tragedy and his son in the booth..at least that is what the public perception is likely to be.

What remains is how it plays. How comfortable or uncomfortable people seem laughing it up at Remy's schtick. After all..for much of the public when they see Remy on TV it's going to remind them of this murder. Just a fact no matter how unfair. The question is how long it continues.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2014/01/red_sox_fans_will_have_final_say_on_jerry_remy.html

Cricket:

That is a great article.

Thanks.  I think he summed up the situation perfectly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

Cricket:

That is a great article.

Thanks.  I think he summed up the situation perfectly.

It did sum it up perfectly but I think whoever said this on this thread summed it up better.

"I say to Jerry Remy to cut the umbilical cord and let the drug user take responsibility for his own actions and not depend on mommy or daddy to pay his bills."

Sections
Shortcuts