Jet Blue Park

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Jet Blue Park

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/dec/19/spring-training-new-stadium-brings-boston-to/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Jet Blue Park

"Ticket prices at JetBlue Park range from $5 to $46"

The overcommercialization of the Sox continues.

This ownership is stripping the SOx of any soul, and have rendered the term "Red Sox Nation" nearly meaningless. "FENWAY" now has FOUR prominent connections. The obvious park, the forgotten area of Boston, the stupid racing team, and now an over-complicated spring training complex.

Next up: Sox to start charging annual fee for the prestigious right to put bumper stickers on your car, because only REAL FANS would pay a yearly fee to call themselves fans.

$46 for spring training! I don't care WHERE it is. These owners are obviously terribly jealous of NFL owners, who are allowed to charge full freight for THEIR preseason.

I can not stand this ownership. Squeezing every penny out of every inch of anything "Red Sox". Yeah yeah it's "their right". Well, it's my right to call bs on overly greedy, pompous, arrogant "businessmen".

Go away Henry and Co. Please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

What's the article say?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

For real though, Spring Training is sold out.  And stubhub etc. tickets are going for more than regular season tix.  Thats crazy.  I'm trying to get a weekend together, but I'm gonna have to rob a bank first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Jet Blue Park:
    For real though, Spring Training is sold out.  And stubhub etc. tickets are going for more than regular season tix.  Thats crazy.  I'm trying to get a weekend together, but I'm gonna have to rob a bank first.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Space, try writing to the Sox. They're pretty accommadating, just lay it on thickTongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The whiners want John Henry to open up his checkbook but want ticket prices to come down. They want ownership to compete with the Evil Empire but to do it entirely with John Henry's money. Forget that YES brings in four times the revenue that NESN does. Forget that Henry and partners had very little public financing for Fenway as opposed to the Stadium. Forget about Yankee revenues being 60 percent higher than those of the Red Sox. The whiners just love to whine. They feel entitled to win a World Series trophy for some reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Jet Blue Park : Space, try writing to the Sox. They're pretty accommadating, just lay it on thick
    Posted by J-BAY

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?! I'M SPACEMAN EEPHUS DAMMIT!!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/2011/jetblue_park_at_fenway_south/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The whiners want John Henry to open up his checkbook but want ticket prices to come down. They want ownership to compete with the Evil Empire but to do it entirely with John Henry's money. Forget that YES brings in four times the revenue that NESN does. Forget that Henry and partners had very little public financing for Fenway as opposed to the Stadium. Forget about Yankee revenues being 60 percent higher than those of the Red Sox. The whiners just love to whine. They feel entitled to win a World Series trophy for some reason.
    Posted by UticaClub

I assume you peg me as a "whiner". Thats fine. Just know that you couldn't be MORE WRONG with any of your assumptions. I don't want unconditional spending. I don't want a payroll close to the Yankees'. I don't care how NESN and YES compare.

I want this GAME to be accessible to ALL FANS, not just rich ones.

All the sheep just want to celebrate all this cheesiness and ignore the fact that it creates a financial divide. " WE WON WE WON, TAKE MY FIRST BORN I DON'T CARE, WE WON!"

Somehow this team was one of the most beloved in baseball from 1990-2003 WITHOUT winning and charging outrageous amounts for EVERYTHING.

When does it stop?

"How much is enough? Just a little bit more." -Rockefeller

No thanks. We've gone WELL PAST ENOUGH.

Did you celebrate corporate bailouts too? I'm sure you did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I live about 300 miles away from Fenway Park and haven't been to a game in 30 years. If I lived in Boston I would hesitate going to the games due to the high ticket prices, concession prices, parking, congestion, etc. I prefer to susscribe to MLB Extra innings and watch each game on my 55" LED TV in the comfort of my living room for $1 per game. My point was the free agency made the payrolls skyrocket and satellite TV, cable, and radio / internet radio changed the finances of the sport. The audience is now huge and the owners, players, satellite providers, cable companies, and radio stations as well as MLB all want a piece of the pie. Those who watch no sports at all are paying an extra $100 annually in cable fees.

I  want the team to be competitive with shrewd trades, draft picks, minor league development, selective FA signings. Free agennts are expensive. They will never get any cheaper. To be competitive in the FA market you need revenues in order to outbid other teams - that is the name of the game. So raise ticket prices, increase TV and radio rights fees, increase prices at Spring training. The old days of a blue collar fan going to games may be over. Live with it. Blame it on free agency, technology, and a fanbase that is more involved. There is no going back to the old days. Sit back, grab a beer, and watch on TV. The blame goes much further than owners.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teach7719. Show Teach7719's posts

"Ticket prices at JetBlue Park range from $5 to $46" The overcommercialization of the Sox continues. This ownership is stripping the SOx of any soul, and have rendered the term "Red Sox Nation" nearly meaningless. "FENWAY" now has FOUR prominent connections. The obvious park, the forgotten area of Boston, the stupid racing team, and now an over-complicated spring training complex. Next up: Sox to start charging annual fee for the prestigious right to put bumper stickers on your car, because only REAL FANS would pay a yearly fee to call themselves fans. $46 for spring training! I don't care WHERE it is. These owners are obviously terribly jealous of NFL owners, who are allowed to charge full freight for THEIR preseason. I can not stand this ownership. Squeezing every penny out of every inch of anything "Red Sox". Yeah yeah it's "their right". Well, it's my right to call bs on overly greedy, pompous, arrogant "businessmen". Go away Henry and Co. Please.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teach7719. Show Teach7719's posts

I live in Fort Myers. Spring Training has been a great thing to do for years. If you check prices they are fairly standard in most Florida sites. Yankees are $20-$40. The Phillies are $84 for a 3 pack and actually are higher for lawn berm seats than Jet Blue. The Marlins share a field with the Cardinals in Jupiter and they ranged from $18 to $38 last year for regular tickets and charge more for premium games, and yes the Sox are a premium game. This is true in all of Florida. I just ordered tickets for 3 games last Sat. and purchased 3 tickets for 2 of the games and 2 tickets for one. My average price was $ 32 and this included Monster seats for 2 games. This is not bad for a slice of paradise. Sunny and 81 today. Only problem is it hasn't rained in over a week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Great response Teach. I just get mad at those who want to blame industry-wide  dynamics on one owner and that owner happens to own their favorite team. They demand a competitive team on one hand and then on the other hand want the owner to forsake trying to keep up raising revenue in a market that is 25% that of the Yankees. They expect $$$$ to fall out of the sky so that we can outbid the Evil Empire on FAs such as Teixiera. They would only be happy if Bill Gates or Warren Buffet became owner and assumed all expenses and gave them free tickets, beer, and Fenway Franks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I live in Fort Myers. Spring Training has been a great thing to do for years. If you check prices they are fairly standard in most Florida sites. Yankees are $20-$40. The Phillies are $84 for a 3 pack and actually are higher for lawn berm seats than Jet Blue. The Marlins share a field with the Cardinals in Jupiter and they ranged from $18 to $38 last year for regular tickets and charge more for premium games, and yes the Sox are a premium game. This is true in all of Florida. I just ordered tickets for 3 games last Sat. and purchased 3 tickets for 2 of the games and 2 tickets for one. My average price was $ 32 and this included Monster seats for 2 games. This is not bad for a slice of paradise. Sunny and 81 today. Only problem is it hasn't rained in over a week.
    Posted by Teach7719

Congratulations.  I was on line for three hours and couldn't get anything for the seats/days I wanted.  BUT.. that's not unexpected for me.  That's history and I've come to accept it.  However, ACE tickets has lots of seats I want for the days I wanted them!  Probably a coincidence, huh?  

When the Sox were at COP Park they gave an opportunity for game day tickets starting at ~11:00.  Has anyone heard if that same opportunity is going to be available at the new park?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

"Ticket prices at JetBlue Park range from $5 to $46" The overcommercialization of the Sox continues. This ownership is stripping the SOx of any soul, and have rendered the term "Red Sox Nation" nearly meaningless. "FENWAY" now has FOUR prominent connections. The obvious park, the forgotten area of Boston, the stupid racing team, and now an over-complicated spring training complex. Next up: Sox to start charging annual fee for the prestigious right to put bumper stickers on your car, because only REAL FANS would pay a yearly fee to call themselves fans. $46 for spring training! I don't care WHERE it is. These owners are obviously terribly jealous of NFL owners, who are allowed to charge full freight for THEIR preseason. I can not stand this ownership. Squeezing every penny out of every inch of anything "Red Sox". Yeah yeah it's "their right". Well, it's my right to call bs on overly greedy, pompous, arrogant "businessmen". Go away Henry and Co. Please.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

You really think another ownership group would do anything different. Please -- give me some of what your smoking.

This post is totally disengenuous. Weren't you ripping them a couple of weeks ago for going cheap this offseason. So you want them to spend money but you don't want to maximize revenue -- like the Yankees do -- so they can compete financially with the Yankees.

Wake the he!! up. Yes. There is so much that is overpriced. Do you live in the cave. Get out of the 1950s. Everything regarding sports and most entertainment is tremendously overpriced. Try taking your family to a theme park for just a day for vacation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I'm mad as he-ll and I'm not going to take it anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Posted by ma6dragon9

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Posted by ma6dragon9

I should have read your thread before I posted mine.The city of Ft Meyers pays for the renovation. You don't think our weasels would pay all of it or even most of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Red Sox are renting the park for $500,000 per year.

Ticket prices at JetBlue Park will range from $5 to $46 for the 2012 season. The Homeplate Dugout Box, at $46, remains the same as the 2011 price in the similar seating category behind home plate at City of Palms Park.

The Reserved Lawn Area, at $5, is located above the bullpens in right-center field and occupies a larger area than the smaller sloped grass berm area at City of Palms. While most Major League clubs have yet to announce their 2012 Spring Training ticket prices, when compared with 2011 pricing, the $5 Reserved Lawn tickets are currently the lowest priced Spring Training ticket in Major League Baseball.

More than 75 percent of tickets available at JetBlue Park are $27 or less, and, like City of Palms Park, the majority of seats in the park will be in the shade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Jet Blue Park : You really think another ownership group would do anything different. Please -- give me some of what your smoking. This post is totally disengenuous. Weren't you ripping them a couple of weeks ago for going cheap this offseason. So you want them to spend money but you don't want to maximize revenue -- like the Yankees do -- so they can compete financially with the Yankees. Wake the he!! up. Yes. There is so much that is overpriced. Do you live in the cave. Get out of the 1950s. Everything regarding sports and most entertainment is tremendously overpriced. Try taking your family to a theme park for just a day for vacation.
    Posted by royf19

Definitely NOT. I have NEVER accused this team of being cheap. Stupid with their money? Sure. But I've NEVER condoned throwing money at a problem.

It amazes me how many people just accept overpriced everything. Baffling. At what point do the "masses" start to actually pay attention and get mad?

$6 check cashing fees from the bank it's drawn from?

$3 ATM fees?

Fes for paying your bill online, over the phone or by check?

Take a look at CT Light and Power and the nonsense they spew, and people BUY IT!

"That's just the way it is" is such a poor, unintelligent, spineless response.

Some things that have just been the "way it is" in the past:
    -Selling political seats
    -Giving out no-bid contracts using tax payer money
    -No accountability for any wars started that cost thousands of american's lives
    -Slavery
    -Unequal civil rights
    -Women's rights, or lack there-of
    -Hitler's Germany

Go ahead and hide behind "just the way it is". I prefer to rub a few brain cells together on occasion, and see what's right and what's wrong. Milking every last cent out of anything, for ANY reason is greedy. Greed to me, is wrong. I'm not religious, I don't care about the 7 deadly sins, I've said id before, I'll say it again:

I'm NOT OK with 90% of the wealth being wrapped up in 1% of the population. ESPECIALLY when that 1% constantly works to try and increase it's percentage. Go ahead and just accept, pay into it, support it, and live off credit like so many americans. In the early 2000s, americans spent more than they made, the firs ttime that happend since the Great Depression. Our society is fundamentally flawed, and poelpe like you blissfully wander along in your ignorance.

Maybe every other ownership would do the same, and I'd be preaching the same stuff. Stop living in excess, it's disgusting. $32 for a spring trainging game!!!! Spend your money however you see fit, that's dumbfounding to me though. I wouldn't pay $32 for most seats at the REAL Fenway. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Jet Blue Park : Definitely NOT. I have NEVER accused this team of being cheap. Stupid with their money? Sure. But I've NEVER condoned throwing money at a problem. It amazes me how many people just accept overpriced everything. Baffling. At what point do the "masses" start to actually pay attention and get mad? $6 check cashing fees from the bank it's drawn from? $3 ATM fees? Fes for paying your bill online, over the phone or by check? Take a look at CT Light and Power and the nonsense they spew, and people BUY IT! "That's just the way it is" is such a poor, unintelligent, spineless response. Some things that have just been the "way it is" in the past: -Selling political seats -Giving out no-bid contracts using tax payer money -No accountability for any wars started that cost thousands of american's lives -Slavery -Unequal civil rights -Women's rights, or lack there-of -Hitler's Germany Go ahead and hide behind "just the way it is". I prefer to rub a few brain cells together on occasion, and see what's right and what's wrong. Milking every last cent out of anything, for ANY reason is greedy. Greed to me, is wrong. I'm not religious, I don't care about the 7 deadly sins, I've said id before, I'll say it again: I'm NOT OK with 90% of the wealth being wrapped up in 1% of the population. ESPECIALLY when that 1% constantly works to try and increase it's percentage. Go ahead and just accept, pay into it, support it, and live off credit like so many americans. In the early 2000s, americans spent more than they made, the firs ttime that happend since the Great Depression. Our society is fundamentally flawed, and poelpe like you blissfully wander along in your ignorance. Maybe every other ownership would do the same, and I'd be preaching the same stuff. Stop living in excess, it's disgusting. $32 for a spring trainging game!!!! Spend your money however you see fit, that's dumbfounding to me though. I wouldn't pay $32 for most seats at the REAL Fenway. 
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Wow -- equating overpriced tickets to slavery and Hitler. How pathetically sad. That is spineless, untelligent response.

You might want to look up right now with a powerful telescope because obviously my point is sailing so far over your head as beyond your comprehension.

I never said except it because that's the way it is. I don't like the price of tickets to a lot of things and I don't just accept it. They have the free choice to charge what they want and I have he free choice if I want to pay the price or not. 

I often choose not to pay overinflated price. It's called freedom. It's my choice.

It's simple supply and demand. Remember, this is entertainment. The fact that they can charge these prices and there's enough people who can pay those price is simply free enterprise. If enough people don't pay those prices, then prices come down or a business goes out of business.

What's your solution. Let the gov't decide how much things should cost. Well, our founding fathers despised giving too much power to gov't and I'm inclined to agree. I'd rather follow the writings of John Locke, Adam Smith and Milton Friedman than Marx and Engels.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I pretty much agree with most that's said on this thread.

Now if they can only fly this park up here before the old one, with it's miniature seats and questionable foundation, gets condemned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

City of Palms has a capacity of 7,576. JetBlue will have about 10,000 seats and room for another 1,000 or so standing room on a berm beyond the right-field wall.

The Red Sox will be able to sell more tickets and accommodate more fans.

“We actually have a waiting list of season-ticket holders of over 800 people,” Haas said. “A five- to 10-year waiting list. So we’re hoping to cut that list in half.”

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Jet Blue Park : Wow -- equating overpriced tickets to slavery and Hitler. How pathetically sad. That is spineless, untelligent response. You might want to look up right now with a powerful telescope because obviously my point is sailing so far over your head as beyond your comprehension. I never said except it because that's the way it is. I don't like the price of tickets to a lot of things and I don't just accept it. They have the free choice to charge what they want and I have he free choice if I want to pay the price or not.  I often choose not to pay overinflated price. It's called freedom. It's my choice. It's simple supply and demand. Remember, this is entertainment. The fact that they can charge these prices and there's enough people who can pay those price is simply free enterprise. If enough people don't pay those prices, then prices come down or a business goes out of business. What's your solution. Let the gov't decide how much things should cost. Well, our founding fathers despised giving too much power to gov't and I'm inclined to agree. I'd rather follow the writings of John Locke, Adam Smith and Milton Friedman than Marx and Engels.
    Posted by royf19

Simple supply and demand? How does Ace Ticket and their wholesale purchasing of tickets to simply up the price again and resell them fit into your simplistic explanation? It should be rephrased as "Supply and Dumband".

I don't see a problem with a morally, decent government setting prices. Finding a moral, decent government is the issue. Is it better for the government, with our tax money, to protect and prop up these big businesses when they should otherwise fail?

If the founding fathers of THIS COUNTRY were alive today, I could pretty much guarantee they'd be disgusted with what we've done to this country and it's tax-paying populace. They would be rallying the troops, again, to fight against injustices.

And is it REALLY that far a stretch to connect it to Hitler? Did Hitler start out throwing people in ovens? No. He started out telling people to not buy from Jews. Then not to deal with them. Then forced them to wear identifying marks. Then turned it into something else.

And slavery? "We can do this because we make the rules, it's the way it is, and nobody cares." That's the basic thinking/justification behind slavery. Why are prices so high? "They can do it because they make the rules (big bus/gov), it's the way it is, and NOBODY CARES."

When our economy fails again, watch fingers get pointed at specific groups (just like Germany), and watch those same groups get taken advantage of (slavery).

Price gouging is a problem in this country. People have been conditioned to NEED excess and feel ENTITLED to it. I understand the whole free-market system, I just think it's been totally bastardized and twisted into something that was never intended.

If I discovered the cure for cancer, how much could I sell it for? Would that be morally right or wrong? Should poor people not have a chance for it because, well, all these rich people are shelling out $1000 per treatment, so, tough cookies poor folk, you whither and die. Oh well, that's just the way it is!

Independant thought created this country, and yet the majority are reverting back into mindless lemmings. Creativity is dying.

Sections
Shortcuts