Jet Blue Park

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Jet Blue Park

In Response to Re: Jet Blue Park:
    [QUOTE]I live in Fort Myers. Spring Training has been a great thing to do for years. If you check prices they are fairly standard in most Florida sites. Yankees are $20-$40. The Phillies are $84 for a 3 pack and actually are higher for lawn berm seats than Jet Blue. The Marlins share a field with the Cardinals in Jupiter and they ranged from $18 to $38 last year for regular tickets and charge more for premium games, and yes the Sox are a premium game. This is true in all of Florida. I just ordered tickets for 3 games last Sat. and purchased 3 tickets for 2 of the games and 2 tickets for one. My average price was $ 32 and this included Monster seats for 2 games. This is not bad for a slice of paradise. Sunny and 81 today. Only problem is it hasn't rained in over a week.
    Posted by Teach7719[/QUOTE]

It looks to my that the average ticket prices are similar at the Yankees park.

The Reserved Lawn Area, at $5, is located above the bullpens in right-center field and occupies a larger area than the smaller sloped grass berm area at City of Palms. While most Major League clubs have yet to announce their 2012 Spring Training ticket prices, when compared with 2011 pricing, the $5 Reserved Lawn tickets are currently the lowest priced Spring Training ticket in Major League Baseball.

More than 75 percent of tickets available at JetBlue Park are $27 or less, and, like City of Palms Park, the majority of seats in the park will be in the shade.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/spring_training/tickets.jsp?c_id=nyy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Somebody here wants to call John Henry evil without comparing ticket prices from other parks. We don't even know if the prices are set entirely by the Red Sox or whether the County has a hand in it also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody here wants to call John Henry evil without comparing ticket prices from other parks. We don't even know if the prices are set entirely by the Red Sox or whether the County has a hand in it also.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Not Evil. Just soulless and greedy.

I don't care about other teams, owners, or parks. I care about the Boston Red Sox and how THAT franchise is being run. Again, I'm not OK with 90% of the wealth being wrapped up in 1% of the population. It's a safe bet most owners are in that 1%, so it's also a safe bet that I WOULD have issues with them as well, if I cared about those teams.

I love it, the prices are comparable to other overpriced teams, so it's OK! Again, "well, it's just the way it is."

I understand people pay it, how many people invested with Madoff? Was that money well spent? People have shown a real proficiency with being incredibly dumb with their own money, and why not? Look at the the model our own Govt has set! Spend spend spend, and just pass the cost along down the slope to people that don't have a voice. Or don't care. Or just accept it for being the way it is. So all that being said, anyone please try and tell me how $46 for a spring training game is money well spent. You can go watch most of those guys in Pawtucket for a FRACTION of that price, Salem for even less! Lowell? Practically free by comparison!

Debeers laughs at people all the way to their Swiss banks every time someone buys an overpriced, overmarketed, diamond. And chocolate diamonds! Oh my god, here, I've got some coal I'll sell you, it's essentially the same thing you dolts. Diamonds are not rare, and should not be viewed as "precious" as people perceive them. But they are. People, as a whole, are not very bright. Businesses bank on that very sobering fact; people, as a whole, are stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I agree with you in general on the greed today in the world and that it it is wrong for one percent of the population to have 90 percent of the wealth. What puzzles me is that you want JetBlue Park to have the lowest ticket prices in Florida and Fenway to have the lowest ticket prices in MLB and concession stands to sell $1 hot dogs and fifty cent beers. If that is your utopia, how would John Henry be able to compete with the other franchises if he was running huge operating deficits? Why would you want to follow a last place team every year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you in general on the greed today in the world and that it it is wrong for one percent of the population to have 90 percent of the wealth. What puzzles me is that you want JetBlue Park to have the lowest ticket prices in Florida and Fenway to have the lowest ticket prices in MLB and concession stands to sell $1 hot dogs and fifty cent beers. If that is your utopia, how would John Henry be able to compete with the other franchises if he was running huge operating deficits? Why would you want to follow a last place team every year?

I never asked for any of that. Just be reasonable.

NOT having a partnership agreement with Ace Ticket would be reasonable, and help keep ticket prices down.

$8/10 bleacher tickets are reasonable. You're far away, bake in the summer, and it's the bleachers.

Also, I don't really have a problem with the face value of Sox tickets, they are a little high, but I understand the stadium they are dealing with, so I get that to a degree.

What I have a problem with are all the add-ons: Red Sox Nation membership fees, fans repaving the sidewalk at $100 a brick, stealing the name of Fenway and plastering it on their Race team (I don't have a problem with Henry and Co owning a race team, I do take offense to them stealing "Fenway" for it), the $75 Fenway park book they just released, and when's the last time they actually gave something people wanted to keep away at the gates? As a child I got, and still have: a team set of cards in a hard cover binder from 1990, a mini bat I don't know from when, a full sized bat, again I can't remember when, 2 balls with the date from opening day in 1997, in addition to freebies I remember getting that have since been lost: nice full sized posters, nice looking schedule magnets that weren't dominated by advertising...now what do you get? A cheap 4x6 printout of a player? A dunkin donuts magnet? 

And the final blow, the cherry on top that I can't stand about Henry, specifically, is the total lack of accountability.

He claims he was strongly against Crawford, but signed him.

Claims he wanted Tito to stay, but Tito wanted to go.

He claimed conditioning was definitely NOT an issue, all the guys were in good shape at the end.

To anyone that saw Moneyball, I think the portrayal of him was spot-on. That's exactly how I always pictured him: totally out of touch with regular people, or really, the reality of every day life for 99% of the people on this planet. I believe that he truly doesn't know where to buy a scarf, he's that clueless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

John Henry clarified why he was against signing Carl Crawford when he said that the team already had too much left-handed hitting.

The "fired" conditioning coach said that 3-4 players were out of condition.

What should ticket prices be is contingent on many variables. Among them is payroll that must be met, fan expectations of the desired skillset on the field, meeting demands of greedy players, park improvements, scouting costs, minor league expenses, debt service payments. overhead and staffing, inflation and the economy.

I thought that Moneyball championed the underdog, the poorer teams, doing it the hard way with intelligence and strategy. Are you sure that you have read the book or saw the movie?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]John Henry clarified why he was against signing Carl Crawford when he said that the team already had too much left-handed hitting. The "fired" conditioning coach said that 3-4 players were out of condition. What should ticket prices be is contingent on many variables. Among them is payroll that must be met, fan expectations of the desired skillset on the field, meeting demands of greedy players, park improvements, scouting costs, minor league expenses, debt service payments. overhead and staffing, inflation and the economy. I thought that Moneyball championed the underdog, the poorer teams, doing it the hard way with intelligence and strategy. Are you sure that you have read the book or saw the movie?

I make no secret that I saw the movie, not read the book. Moneyball didn't champion the underdog so much (movie at least), but yes to the intelligence/strategy thinking.

Yes, ticket prices should be contingent on MANY variables, not the least of which should be previous season's performance. The IMMEDIATELY previous season more-so, and no more than 3 season previous. For instance, the Sox have charged and spent a LOT the past 2 years, and have 0 playoff appearences. Ticket prices should be dropped dramatically as a way to ACTUALLY give back to fans who were so overcharged for the mediocre product they were given the past 2 seasons in place of the premium product they were promised.

But then, I also think players should be paid based on what they do.

My "dream" scenario would be every team has 100million for payroll, and doles it out AFTER each season based on performance and importance to their team. Ellsbury, for instance, should probably have been the highest paid Sox, and Crawford one of the lowest. 

Probably sounds too "commie" for most people's comfort zone. But players wouldn't all flock to a single team where they can ALL be overpaid, you'd have guys WANTING to play for a team like the Pirates for a chance to earn a bigger chunk. Pujols wants as much money as he can get? Simply go to the worst team in baseball, and help them get better. Everyone wins. Well, everyone except people that already make ubermillions.

That way with payroll certainty, ticket prices and concessions are kept reasonable, and no team runs into a situation where they have a terrible contract pulling down the team, players don't quit after getting paid, and no more "contract year" spikes in stats.

I know, my fantasy land. Sad thing is, is all seems perfectly reasonable to me. There's that word again, why is it so hard for people to be it?

I recently bred 3/4 pure malamutes. Purebreds go for close to 1000, mixed breeds still go for, typically, 4-800. I sold 3 for 300 apiece, 2 for 150, and traded 1 for some home improvement work. I could have held out for 600 apiece and I'm sure I could have gotten it. However, I came up with a prie I thought was reasonable, and am happy to have provided so much happiness to 6 different families. Would I, personally, be happier with another $2400? I guess, who wouldn't? But, there is a bigger picture, and things outside of my bottom line were factored.

Once people stop being greedy, and start being humane, most wars end, poverty lessens, world hunger decreases, prices for everything go down, and people would be happier.

"Bottom line". Kind of a funny term, especially when you realize it's dragging ALL of us down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Oh, and my mention of Moneyball really only had to do with the portrayal of John Henry, which I take to be better than 95% accurate.