Jeter done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Jeter done

Out for the remainder of the playoffs w/ a fractured ankle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Jeter done

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jeter is a class act. While I certainly hope the Bankees lose to the Tigers, its too bad it had to go down this way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I hope he can come back next year.  He is the ultimate gamer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

That's gotta hurt if you're a Yankee fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

man that stinks....but the yanks never seem to let injuries define them,,,unlike some teams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The rest of the Yankees need to pick it up.  Jeter, Suzuki and Ibanez were the ones hitting the bat well during the playoffs. 

A-Rod, Granderson, Cano and Swisher have been ice-cold. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Tough break for the Yankees.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hate seeing any player get hurt like that, especially a gamer like Jeter. Yanks r gonna have to really step it up a notch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!   I'm glad you told us that. Are you sure ? How did it happen? Was it during the game? Can you find out more and let us know. Since we all live under a rock.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I hate seeing that. Regardless of your colors, if you're a true baseball fan, you have to admire Derek Jeter.

The Yankees can overcome it, but only if Cano and A-Rod start hitting. They can't keep riding Ibanez forever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate seeing that. Regardless of your colors, if you're a true baseball fan, you have to admire Derek Jeter.

The Yankees can overcome it, but only if Cano and A-Rod start hitting. They can't keep riding Ibanez forever.

[/QUOTE]

It's really amazing that they manged to win the ALDC, considering most of their top players aren't hitting.

Jeter was one of the few who were.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's really amazing that they manged to win the ALDC, considering most of their top players aren't hitting.

Yep, if not for Raul Ibanez they were vs. the Orioles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hate to see it happen to this guy.  Heart and soul of the game.

But they were done before he got hurt.  Been dancing between raindrops for three games in a row now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tough break for the Yanks and their fans.  Jete is one of my all time favorite players but the Yankees have had a lot of success over the years with unsung hero's, not necessarily their star players in the PS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Terrible loss for the Yankees.  He is one of the classiest players in MLB.  Someone else has to step up in order for the Yankees to have a chance of advancing to the World Series.  Not sure what happened to the Yankees offense, but many of the players are struggling.  It is always devastating to lose a key player during any playoff run. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Tough break for a tough player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm a septuagenarian & have hated the Yankees all my life and always was a fan of whoever played against them when it wasn't the Sox but I wanted them to lose being at full strength. I regonize Jeter as a class act baseball player as I have many who wore the pin strips. If he does not return to baseball in the future, I wish him well the rest of  his life.

Living in SF, I was hoping the A's made it so I could go to a couple of games & then if NY got by them, I'd go to some SF Giants(Ya I know I'm being presumptuos) vs Yanks in World Series.

As luck would have it maybe it would have been better Yanks didn't tie it in the 9th. Leyland is an idiot leaving Valverde in after Ichiro hits 2 run HR, the key after Teixeira who was 0-2, was not to walk him. Let him hit and if he gets a hit, so beit, but don't let the next batter who has been clutch before and has done this, Ibanex, come up able to tie the game. Leyland should have pulled Valverde after he walked Texeira. And I'm not being monday morning QB as I kept yelling to pull the pitcher !!! Don't know if Yanks can come back from this one...I'd play A-Rod at short and hope he and rest of struggling Yankees can pick up the hitting. They reminded me of the Sox in many frustrating games not being able to get the clutch hit leaving bases loaded 3 times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!   I'm glad you told us that. Are you sure ? How did it happen? Was it during the game? Can you find out more and let us know. Since we all live under a rock.........

[/QUOTE]

Yes it was during the gm. It happened on a ground ball going to his left in the hole. And yes he had xrays which revealed the fracture, Girardi relayed this information in his post gm news conference. It must be tough getting this info living under a rock.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes it was during the gm. It happened on a ground ball going to his left in the hole. And yes he had xrays which revealed the fracture, Girardi relayed this information in his post gm news conference. It must be tough getting this info living under a rock.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

that was ugly, soon as he rolled over, you knew it was bad..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Bad news:  he had the box cover deal in place with Wheaties.

Good news:  they will now have him replace "Snap" on the cover of Rice Crispies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good news:  they will now have him replace "Snap" on the cover of Rice Crispies.

[/QUOTE]grrrrrr.. :)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a-roid will not be replacing "pop" on the cover of rice crispies.

[/QUOTE] hell, he'd be hardpressed to replace the Lucky Charms leprechaun...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i like the direction this thread has taken....

anyone remember the Quisp martian?

Sections
Shortcuts