Jeter, Martin battling injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries

In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : From reading your posts, you would never know this was a baseball board.  Almost 3,000 posts, all of which solely about what other people are posting.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

Another poster missed on this board after Beni was gone -- the lobster. An alias that loves to come out to defend Yankee fans. Guess what? No one knows who you are even after all the time you've been here. But that kinda makes sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : Another poster missed on this board after Beni was gone -- the lobster. An alias that loves to come out to defend Yankee fans. Guess what? No one knows who you are even after all the time you've been here. But that kinda makes sense.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Yes Pike, challenge his identity.....that oughta throw everyone off. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : Another poster missed on this board after Beni was gone -- the lobster. An alias that loves to come out to defend Yankee fans. Guess what? No one knows who you are even after all the time you've been here. But that kinda makes sense.

LOL, thanks for proving my point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : LOL, thanks for proving my point.

I will LOL. You're in my posting history. We've done this before. You pretending not to know who I am is a little silly and suspect in itself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : LOL, thanks for proving my point. I will LOL. You're in my posting history. We've done this before. You pretending not to know who I am is a little silly and suspect in itself.

When did I say I didn't know who you are?  I pointed out that you never discuss baseball, you just act as the self appointed board police.  Unfortunately everyone here knows who you are. At least smiley is kind of funny and gets everyone stirred up.  You're just boring.  There's nothing worse than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : Actually, it's probably in a lot of my posts in the past. I know the lobster, and I've commented about him before. He used to drop by Beni's threads. It could be you. It's definitely an alias, and not someone who comes to the board to post comments, as he seems to show up just at certain opportune times. He's meaningless.

I know it is, thats what you do Pike.  It's a big part of your playbook.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : When did I say I didn't know who you are?  I pointed out that you never discuss baseball, you just act as the self appointed board police.  Unfortunately everyone here knows who you are. At least smiley is kind of funny and gets everyone stirred up.  You're just boring.  There's nothing worse than that.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

Well said.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Jeter, Martin battling injuries:
    [QUOTE]Guys, Jeter is out with a calf injury and now Martin couldn't catch because of a groin injury. Swisher remains out with a groin injury and we don't know when or if Garcia will be back. The Yankees appear to be going down faster than the Titanics. Now they think old man Pettite will save them. A-roid better start sharing the Dominican boli. Meanwhile, the Sox are having an injury free spring and looked poised to burst out of the gate. It may be a struggle for the Yankees to keep up.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : I'm a Red Sox fan. This is Boston.com, a site advertised at the games. Should it just be Yankeeland 24/7 because some Yankee fans want it that way?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, Jeter is out with a calf injury and now Martin couldn't catch because of a groin injury. Swisher remains out with a groin injury and we don't know when or if Garcia will be back. The Yankees appear to be going down faster than the Titanics. Now they think old man Pettite will save them. A-roid better start sharing the Dominican boli. Meanwhile, the Sox are having an injury free spring and looked poised to burst out of the gate. It may be a struggle for the Yankees to keep up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ahhh you can tell baseball season is upon us with all the trash talk in the air.......would we want it any other way?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : Steve, this is a Sox board not a baseball board. And you take this waaay too seriously when someone says something negative about the Yankees. They're not your family. They're a baseball team, which you, yourself, admitted weren't even your favorite team when you moved to another state. I don't get your devotion to them now, or know why you would hang out here if it makes you so angry.

Kim, 

The Yankees were always my favorite team. I don't know where you get they weren't. Like I said before, as a kid, the Sox were my 2nd or 3rd favorite team. I also don't quite get why you constantly feel the need to chime in with the same blurb for another poster; but if it makes you feel better, have at it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : Steve, this is a Sox board not a baseball board. And you take this waaay too seriously when someone says something negative about the Yankees. They're not your family. They're a baseball team, which you, yourself, admitted weren't even your favorite team when you moved to another state. I don't get your devotion to them now, or know why you would hang out here if it makes you so angry.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]Unless you have been elavated to forum moderator I suggest you put a sock in it. Yankees as well as other teams impact the Sox so discussing those teams makes perfect sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to ;Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries :               You really are the queen of he said she said.               Take a step up in life.                                            
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

The last post I left to you in response to one of your moronic digs was deleted must have too hot for you to handle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : I'm a Red Sox fan. This is Boston.com, a site advertised at the games. Should it just be Yankeeland 24/7 because some Yankee fans want it that way?

Yes we're like cockroaches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

A quick rundown of the injuries suffered in Yankees camp this spring…

Robinson Cano
    Bruised hand
    Hit by a pitch last night, Cano was pulled from the game, then he went for x-rays that came back negative. He’s going to be reevaluated on Tuesday, but the Yankees don’t seem overly concerned.

Derek Jeter
    Sore left calf
    Jeter felt some soreness in his calf during Wednesday’s game in Dunedin. He finished the game but hasn’t played since. Today he’s scheduled to get treatment at the stadium. He hasn’t done baseball activities since Thursday. He’s expected to play Tuesday.

Russell Martin
    Tight groin/hamstring
    Martin was scratched from yesterday’s road trip because of some stiffness that he says is between his groin and hamstring. He felt something similar a few years ago and decided to be cautious about it this year. He’s expected to play Tuesday.

Nick Swisher
    Sore groin
    An MRI came back negative, but Swisher hasn’t played since feeling something “tug” running out of the box on Wednesday. He’s been going through regular baseball drills and is expected to play on Tuesday. Like Martin, Swisher said he wouldn’t have come out of the lineup if this were the regular season.

Dave Robertson
    Bruised right foot
    The most infamous Yankees injury of the spring seems to have resolved itself. Robertson stumbled down a step while carrying a box at his house and he hasn’t played in two weeks, but he threw a bullpen yesterday and is scheduled to throw another one tomorrow. He could be in a game within a week or so and the expectation is that he’ll be ready for Opening Day.

Freddy Garcia
    Swollen right hand
    Hit by a comebacker on Wednesday, Garcia has been shutdown for a few days. He’s skipping a scheduled minor league start this afternoon but could be back in a game as early as Friday. X-rays showed no broken bones, and Garcia’s simply been waiting for the swelling to go down.

Eduardo Nunez
    Bruised right hand
    Although he still had the hand wrapped after the game, Nunez played last night and said everything felt fine. He’s now played in back-to-back games after missing nearly two weeks because of soreness than lingered longer than expected. He suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch in Clearwater.

Ramiro Pena
    Sprained right ankle
    Pena is scheduled to take batting practice off Brad Meyers on Tuesday, which seems to indicate that he’s pretty close to returning from a sprained ankle suffered while sliding into second base on Thursday. He’s been walking around the clubhouse with no noticeable limp.

Austin Romine
    Sore back
    Romine missed time with a sore back last season as well, so the Yankees decided to be extra cautious when his back began feeling sore this spring. Romine has not played in a game and just started taking swings two days ago. He might be able to get in a game late in spring training, but he’s spent most of his time just trying to make sure the back doesn’t become a lingering issue.

George Kontos
    Sore oblique
    Injured in his first bullpen of the spring, Kontos waited longer than expected before getting back on a mound, but he finally made his spring debut last night with a 1-2-3 eighth inning.

Russell Branyan
    Sore back
    Something of a wild card for the Yankees platoon DH job, Branyan hasn’t had a chance to plead his case because he’s been shutdown with a sore back. He received epidurals last week, but it’s still not clear when he’ll be ready to play.

Manny Delcarmen
    Strained lat
    The former Red Sox reliever hasn’t pitched in a game this season, but he threw a bullpen yesterday. Based on the timing of other pitchers he seems to be on track to get in a game in about a week.

Dan Burawa
    Torn oblique
    The biggest long-term injury of the camp could force Burawa to miss significant time. The young relief pitcher seemed to make a fast impression — both Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman mentioned him at different points — but he had to shut it down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]A quick rundown of the injuries suffered in Yankees camp this spring…   Robinson Cano Bruised hand Hit by a pitch last night, Cano was pulled from the game, then he went for x-rays that came back negative. He’s going to be reevaluated on Tuesday, but the Yankees don’t seem overly concerned. Derek Jeter Sore left calf Jeter felt some soreness in his calf during Wednesday’s game in Dunedin. He finished the game but hasn’t played since. Today he’s scheduled to get treatment at the stadium. He hasn’t done baseball activities since Thursday. He’s expected to play Tuesday. Russell Martin Tight groin/hamstring Martin was scratched from yesterday’s road trip because of some stiffness that he says is between his groin and hamstring. He felt something similar a few years ago and decided to be cautious about it this year. He’s expected to play Tuesday. Nick Swisher Sore groin An MRI came back negative, but Swisher hasn’t played since feeling something “tug” running out of the box on Wednesday. He’s been going through regular baseball drills and is expected to play on Tuesday. Like Martin, Swisher said he wouldn’t have come out of the lineup if this were the regular season. Dave Robertson Bruised right foot The most infamous Yankees injury of the spring seems to have resolved itself. Robertson stumbled down a step while carrying a box at his house and he hasn’t played in two weeks, but he threw a bullpen yesterday and is scheduled to throw another one tomorrow. He could be in a game within a week or so and the expectation is that he’ll be ready for Opening Day. Freddy Garcia Swollen right hand Hit by a comebacker on Wednesday, Garcia has been shutdown for a few days. He’s skipping a scheduled minor league start this afternoon but could be back in a game as early as Friday. X-rays showed no broken bones, and Garcia’s simply been waiting for the swelling to go down. Eduardo Nunez Bruised right hand Although he still had the hand wrapped after the game, Nunez played last night and said everything felt fine. He’s now played in back-to-back games after missing nearly two weeks because of soreness than lingered longer than expected. He suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch in Clearwater. Ramiro Pena Sprained right ankle Pena is scheduled to take batting practice off Brad Meyers on Tuesday, which seems to indicate that he’s pretty close to returning from a sprained ankle suffered while sliding into second base on Thursday. He’s been walking around the clubhouse with no noticeable limp. Austin Romine Sore back Romine missed time with a sore back last season as well, so the Yankees decided to be extra cautious when his back began feeling sore this spring. Romine has not played in a game and just started taking swings two days ago. He might be able to get in a game late in spring training, but he’s spent most of his time just trying to make sure the back doesn’t become a lingering issue. George Kontos Sore oblique Injured in his first bullpen of the spring, Kontos waited longer than expected before getting back on a mound, but he finally made his spring debut last night with a 1-2-3 eighth inning. Russell Branyan Sore back Something of a wild card for the Yankees platoon DH job, Branyan hasn’t had a chance to plead his case because he’s been shutdown with a sore back. He received epidurals last week, but it’s still not clear when he’ll be ready to play. Manny Delcarmen Strained lat The former Red Sox reliever hasn’t pitched in a game this season, but he threw a bullpen yesterday. Based on the timing of other pitchers he seems to be on track to get in a game in about a week. Dan Burawa Torn oblique The biggest long-term injury of the camp could force Burawa to miss significant time. The young relief pitcher seemed to make a fast impression — both Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman mentioned him at different points — but he had to shut it down.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Gee looks like a post from the Lohud site.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Red Sox LF Carl Crawford took 20 swings with a bat at a ball on tee. He also has a throwing program but is not bunting yet. ... Boston SSJose Iglesias was 0 for 3. He had not played since March 10 because of a right groin strain. ... OF Ryan Kalish, rehabbing from neck and shoulder operations, swung at a ball on a tee and also did some throwing. ... Red Sox C Jarrod Saltalamacchia was back in the lineup for back-to-back games after resting with bursitis in his left hip. ... Red Sox LHP Franklin Morales, who has been slowed by his shoulder, is to throw BP Wednesday. ..

how far behind can beckett and buch be from the DL?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox LF  Carl Crawford  took 20 swings with a bat at a ball on tee. He also has a throwing program but is not bunting yet. ... Boston SS Jose Iglesias  was 0 for 3. He had not played since March 10 because of a right groin strain. ... OF  Ryan Kalish , rehabbing from neck and shoulder operations, swung at a ball on a tee and also did some throwing. ... Red Sox C  Jarrod Saltalamacchia  was back in the lineup for back-to-back games after resting with bursitis in his left hip. ... Red Sox LHP  Franklin Morales , who has been slowed by his shoulder, is to throw BP Wednesday. .. how far behind can beckett and buch be from the DL?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Lackey eating jello with his pitching hand.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : Lackey eating jello with his pitching hand.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

He hasn't worked his way up to chicken yet? Maybe he should start out slow, something like buffalo wings. Not too spicy though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries : The last post I left to you in response to one of your moronic digs was deleted must have too hot for you to handle.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

"must have too hot for you"

LOL. Now you sound like Vic.

Never saw it, but nice to know you track my movements here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter, Martin battling injuries :                "must have too hot for you"               LOL. Now you sound like Vic.               Never saw it, but nice to know you track my movements here.                           
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

Track your movements?

I think you have that backwards don't you?

Ignore my posts and I guarantee you'll never hear from me again.

But if you want to continue stalking me be my guest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to ;Jeter, Martin battling injuries:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Sections
Shortcuts