Jeter re-signed....$12MM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Jeter re-signed....$12MM

Despite the fact he is coming off an injury-plagued season, the New York Yankees chose to reward captain Derek Jeter for his years of good service by re-signing the shortstop to a $12 million contract for 2014 on Friday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Jeter re-signed....$12MM

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Despite the fact he is coming off an injury-plagued season, the New York Yankees chose to reward captain Derek Jeter for his years of good service by re-signing the shortstop to a $12 million contract for 2014 on Friday.

[/QUOTE]

Drew will not go there unless hes the SS. Cross NYY off his list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    that is a good news cuz that would eat up Yankees's payroll

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or Jeter can DH. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

it's only a one year $2.5 override of his option

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]it's only a $2.5 override of his option

[/QUOTE]

yup.  and a couple $MM less than he made this past season.  but it is a chunk of $$ to pay someone that only played in 17 games and is 40.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]it's only a $2.5 override of his option

[/QUOTE]

yup.  and a couple $MM less than he made this past season.  but it is a chunk of $$ to pay someone that only played in 17 games and is 40.

[/QUOTE]true dat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Jeter is DONE, COOKED, OVAA....  Unless he finds the fountain of youte !!!  Just saying !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Great!

He's pretty much guaranteed an All-Star season in '14 now...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Jeter is DONE, COOKED, OVAA....  Unless he finds the fountain of youte !!!  Just saying !!

i seem to recall you spouting those same words about one of your own...edit...not that it isn't a possibility in this case..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] i seem to recall you spouting those same words about one of your own...

[/QUOTE]Your YANK$ are just bringing him back as a "side show for the circus" known as the BRONX  !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How many times did we say this about Mariano?

Superstars can play well into their 40s, and they can be effective. Average players start looking "average" around 35 years old.

I'm not counting this guy out until he hangs up the spikes.

Unlike many of you , I have respect for the guys who beat us fair and square. Jeter and Mariano ( when they did beat us...and it was often ) did it fair and square. These two Yankees (and they are not the only ones) are quality players. If he played here, they would probably be thinking about a statue out front with Yastzremski and Williams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Bizarre move giving him a bonus ($2.5MM).  Where else would he go?

Good deal for every team that's not the Yankees though.  Spending extra for the sake of spending extra.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Superstars can play well into their 40s, and they can be effective. Average players start looking "average" around 35 years old.

Unlike many of you , I have respect for the guys who beat us fair and square. Jeter and Mariano ( when they did beat us...and it was often ) did it fair and square. These two Yankees (and they are not the only ones) are quality players. If he played here, they would probably be thinking about a statue out front with Yastzremski and Williams.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Don't like the Yankees, but I have a lot of respect for Jeter. Plays the game right. I hope he has a good season against everyone except the Red Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] i seem to recall you spouting those same words about one of your own...

[/QUOTE]Your YANK$ are just bringing him back as a "side show for the circus" known as the BRONX  !!

[/QUOTE]

Clueless as always.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

i seem to recall you spouting those same words about one of your own...

Your YANK$ are just bringing him back as a "side show for the circus" known as the BRONX  !!

[/QUOTE]yeah, ok..if you say so....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or Jeter can DH. 

[/QUOTE]

or play 3B or 2B if Cano bolts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I have a lot of respect for Jeter but my God how much money does the guy need.  Is his ego that bad he has to sign for another year although he may never play.

I am happy though that the NYY's are wasting $12M on him instead of finding someone that can play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

If Jeter can get healthy I have no doubt he'll be worth the 12 million. He needs to be more careful than he was this past season when he tried to come back too soon. In fact he tried to come back too soon about three times didn't he?  A lot of the blame there has to go on the Yankees, their trainers, and management. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Seems like a risky move, but who else can make such a move-Yankee$

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]How many games did he play in 2013 ????   A  shortstop with bad ankles at his age is a bad risk.....  This is a pure payback for being the face of the Yank$ for many years.........  The YANK$ have done this for years all the way back to Gerig & Ruth !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wonder what their annual sales are for #2 jerseys?  maybe that pays for his contract....

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pitchers last longer, particularly RPs.  Peak years for position players is abot 28-32.  Modest declines to 36, then steep declines.

Plus, SS defense killed them 3 years in a row.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pitchers last longer, particularly RPs.  Peak years for position players is abot 28-32.  Modest declines to 36, then steep declines.

Plus, SS defense killed them 3 years in a row.

[/QUOTE]

must of been a slow death considering they made the alcs last yr

when the 38 yr old won the silver slugging award while leading the league in hits

I just don't remember SS defense being the problem that series

Sections
Shortcuts