Jeter retiring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: Jeter retiring

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very strange negative comments by far too many  

he was a great competitor and one that would have looked good in a Red Sox uniform.

good luck to a first ballot HOF.

[/QUOTE]

I agree!

Jeter is a great competitor, and all around good guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Derek Jeter announces 2014 his final season.

Embedded image permalink

Jete has always been one of those players I will always respect like Pede, Mark Lorreta, M. Young and others.  Jete is a class act/role model for young players and future HOF'r that baseball in general, not only Yank fans will miss.

Good luck Jete!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This was a wise choice

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

I predict Drew will now sign a 1-year contract with the Sox, with an implicit term that they will not offer a QO, and he'll move over to NYY next year.

implicit term

U mean cheat

good chance next yr Han ram & hardy will be FA's

like seannybboi said they R both smiling now

I did hear 2day that drew said he would play 3rd for jeters last yr

I'm still not interested

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Drew's PS had to of hurt him

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Thought he had retired, hadn't seen him play in a while.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Jeter's  skill, competitiveness, and sportsmanship made him a rarity: a Yankee player this Red Sox fan just couldn't hate. After this season, maybe the old hate will return. In the meantime we will see the final season of a great ballplayer and a true champion. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Derek Jeter announces 2014 his final season.

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

Constanza! LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

two decades all for ONE team, 5 time champ...truth be told..it's time...thank you Captain Jetes...

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree, Jete. It was a good run. Never wanted to see him up, especially since he took so long getting in and out of the box for every pitch. Tongue OutWink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another Yankee for who's greatness we will be forced to acknowledge in a long, drawn-out glorification of a farewell tour.

[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to look at this a different way. Whenever the Yankees think their season is not going to go so well, they just have a good-bye tour so they can celebrate something all year. Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeter will hit this year like he always has. He's going out the way Phil Rizzuto did (look that up, people)......

[/QUOTE]

Look who's back! My old friend prknsdnld. Thought you retired from the board when Beni was booted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Wow the Yankees are going to be hurting... How many homegrown players do they even have active on the 25 man roster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the Jeter retirement thread, right? For a second I thought that I was on the Drew thread.

Jeter is considered to be a first ballot HOF inductee by 100% of the baseball fans, press, and prisoners in GitMo. What is the arguement here?

[/QUOTE]

LOL. So true.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeter will hit this year like he always has. He's going out the way Phil Rizzuto did (look that up, people)......

Look who's back! My old friend prknsdnld. Thought you retired from the board when Beni was booted.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, no villain, no fun.

[/QUOTE]

I like to think I'm still a Beni-like villian. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hard to believe he is retiring. It will be weird not seeing him as part of the Yankees. I was chatting with my son this morning about it and realized that in his lifetime there's barely been a time when Jeter was not the face of the Yankees.

He is an excellent representative of MLB and he will sail into the HOF with no problem.