Jeter To Start Season on the DL...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Jeter To Start Season on the DL...

Well, it is official.....The Yanks will be starting their 2013 campaign without Granderson, Hughes, Texeira and now Jeter...With Nova getting smacked around in Friday's spring  training game, and Phelps still an unproven commodity, there are also questions galore about the 4th and 5th slots in the Yankees rotation...As a Yankee fan, getting ready for this season feels like you've just heard that your favorite long-running TV series has finally been cancelled after the first episode of the year...Barring some game-changing trades or acquisitions, this is likely to be a very LONG year for Yankee fans...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9091794/new-york-yankees-say-derek-jeter-likely-start-season-dl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Jeter To Start Season on the DL...

Pardon for being skeptical, but I'll pronounce the Yankees dead about a half hour after the coffin lid is nailed closed. They always seem to find a way to claw their way right back in it. My personal theory is they'll pick up Overbay about 30 seconds after the Red Sox release him and he'll hit thirty bombs for them. And yes that is a lot of thirties. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pardon for being skeptical, but I'll pronounce the Yankees dead about a half hour after the coffin lid is nailed closed. They always seem to find a way to claw their way right back in it. My personal theory is they'll pick up Overbay about 30 seconds after the Red Sox release him and he'll hit thirty bombs for them. And yes that is a lot of thirties. :-)

Hey monsieur....I don't blame you because I feel the same way about the Bosox....Hope all is well with you and yours, carnie....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hey monsieur....I don't blame you because I feel the same way about the Bosox....Hope all is well with you and yours, carnie....

C'est bon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well, it is official.....The Yanks will be starting their 2013 campaign without Granderson, Hughes, Texeira and now Jeter...With Nova getting smacked around in Friday's spring  training game, and Phelps still an unproven commodity, there are also questions galore about the 4th and 5th slots in the Yankees rotation...As a Yankee fan, getting ready for this season feels like you've just heard that your favorite long-running TV series has finally been cancelled after the first episode of the year...Barring some game-changing trades or acquisitions, this is likely to be a very LONG year for Yankee fans...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9091794/new-york-yankees-say-derek-jeter-likely-start-season-dl

I never count that team out....ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I don't count them out either....But if they cannot score runs, and fall behind Toronto, Tampa Bay and the Orioles too far early in the campaign, an aging team like the Yanks might not be able to crawl their way back into the AL East race...Then again, if those 3 AL East teams struggle equally (which I tend to doubt), it could be a moot point...It certainly is shaping up to be  an interesting season...If the Blue Jays starting pitching turns out to be stronger than it looks on paper, a lot of teams might be looking at a growing GB deficit.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yankees are gonna have to play some small ball this year...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Yankees will find a way to win games and stay not too far behind in the standings by the time their core players come back from the DL.

The AL East will be a dog fight this year.  All five teams will be beating each other up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

You are probably right, IC....Unless that Blue Jays pitching is better than it looks right now....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Yankees are aging

Aging, with bones brittle as plaster of paris.

Aging, with ligaments supple as dried rubber bands.

Aging, with tendon sheaths integral as an old radiator hose.

Aging, with ankle joints creaky as antique casters.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

2 homeruns 4 rbis for the Yankee 3rd baseman today.

His bat has been hotter then hell. Can't remember his name though.

The Hebrew Hammer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Rumor is Vernon Wells has cleaned out his locker and bidding farewell to his teammates destination the Bronx.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yankees on the verge of Vernon Wells trade

As first reported by Jeff Passan, the Yankees are on the verge of a trade for outfielder Vernon Wells. A source just told me the deal is happening, which suggests Wells will not use his no-trade clause. Not sure yet on how much money the Angels will kick in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

CF – Gardner
    RF – Ichiro
    LF – Wells

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Wells is not really an everyday player, but he is a slight upgrade for now, at least until Granderson comes back...But if the Yanks want to contend this year, they have to make a more significant acquisition than Vernon Wells....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Wells is not really an everyday player, but he is a slight upgrade for now, at least until Granderson comes back...But if the Yanks want to contend this year, they have to make a more significant acquisition than Vernon Wells....

Want to bet he goes deep at least once against the Sox?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Want to bet he goes deep at least once against the Sox?

Maybe once....But every time I have sen Wells in the past few years, he chokes at the plate...The only thing decent about the acquisition other than it being a slight upgrade over the status quo is that  it means Cashman still has a pulse...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

The Hebrew Hammer.

You know how that goes, TWM

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

The Hebrew Hammer.

Not exactly but I really hope that it continues.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Yankees are aging

Aging, with bones brittle as plaster of paris.

Aging, with ligaments supple as dried rubber bands.

Aging, with tendon sheaths integral as an old radiator hose.

Aging, with ankle joints creaky as antique casters.

Papi playing tomorrow?

Drew?

Breslow?

let me know.....seeing the Yanks only gorw old.

What does it mean to "gorw old"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The Hebrew Hammer.

Exactly, it usually doesn't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The Hebrew Hammer.

Now wait a second, this isn't my first rodeo.

I heard the same about Mike Lowell, Paul O'Neil, Wade Boggs and Scott Brosius.

Not far fetched to have a player go to a different team and recapture the past.

Youk came into camp in good shape and is having an excellent spring, this guy could always hit if he stays healthy he will again.

And who thought Aceves would recover from chronic back problems and a bulging disk? Not me.

Stranger things have happened.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The Hebrew Hammer.

Now wait a second, this isn't my first rodeo.

I heard the same about Mike Lowell, Paul O'Neil, Wade Boggs and Scott Brosius.

Not far fetched to have a player go to a different team and recapture the past.

Youk came into camp in good shape and is having an excellent spring, this guy can hit if he stays healthy.

Just meant spring training stats, TWM. the game isnt played/pitched the same in ST, as the regular season. Great spring trainings, don't usually translate into great seasons. See it all the time.