JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?

amidst some recent dramatic victories by the yanks, its getting lost on many how putrid jeter's stats continue to get. he's now at .254 with a pathetic .316 slugging average (pedroia-like) but far worse esp for a lead-off guy is his .303 OBP. there is absolutely no logical basis for them justify gardner hitting ninth at this point. he has superior speed (although not a great base-stealer, 50/50 at best), is hitting .270, slugging it at .416 and has a far superior OBP at .348. plus the number of pitches they both see per game is a neglible wash in comparison. as a left-handed hitter, gardner has a major edge for most of the starters are clearly righties. jeter is just atrocious against righties nowadays. 

at .254 with some good defense and no replacement on tap, yanks can get by with jeter starting everyday but there is no team-good that comes with him as the lead-off guy. as a sox fan, i like it for its hurting them over the long term. then again, watching the media make it the biggest news story in the history of sports when he inevitably gets dropped will also be fun and interesting too. it couldnt have happened to a better organization. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?

meant to add choices:

BY THE END OF NEXT MONTH

BY AROUND THE ALL-STAR BREAK

BY THE END OF THE YEAR

BY THE START OF NEXT SEASON

NOT ANY TIME SOON

NEVER

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

much like "pin head" posada, jeter will ask out of the line-up if he is embarrassed at batting 9th.
    anyways, girardi wouldn't have the guts to bat jeter 9th.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?:
    meant to add choices: BY THE END OF NEXT MONTH BY AROUND THE ALL-STAR BREAK BY THE END OF THE YEAR BY THE START OF NEXT SEASON NOT ANY TIME SOON NEVER
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

NO
    NO
    NO
    NO
    NO
    YES

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Jeter will never bat 9th because Posada is still on that team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Your obsession with Yankees problems is scary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?:
    Jeter will never bat 9th because Posada is still on that team.
    Posted by NUSoxFan
    posada only hits versus righties! so perhaps they can flip flop him based on the dexterity of the starting pitcher. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A silly OP, really.  Jeter was a terrific player for the Yankees for many years.  If he is fading, it's sad, but natural--and hardly cause for diatribes from communist-contrarian. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm glad Jeter is being paid what he is to do what he does (and doesn't do) for the Yanks.

OPS: .871 /> .710 > .631  (last 365 days: .675)

Fielding: Below average /> Poor > Awful

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I like the old picture better c-c

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I don't know, CC is starting to grow on me. Don't think the avatar is necessary, but I like fearless women, especially on a male-dominated board.

I have to admit, though, the demise of Jeter might be the sad part of a Yankees' analysis for me. I've always liked him as a player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

There is a difference between "fearless" and not really confronting people.

The people who bait Yankee fans with nonsense here likely would never speak their minds in front of real Yankee fans in real life.

There is nothing fearless about posting here. The worst that happens is you get thrown off.

Talk rubbish in front of real people and you might be visiting a dentist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Agree - it just doesn't make sense to purposely antagonize Yankee fans on this board. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Agree - it just doesn't make sense to purposely antagonize Yankee fans on this board. 
    Posted by traven
    y r there so many yankee fans here on our board antagonizing red sox fans you morons? i dont post to antagonize anyone. i post to charge up red sox fans, get it? you shouldnt be here. but since you are  BOO HOO! jeter sucks, and you all know what a-rod still loves to do....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, c-c is antagonizing me.  The Yankees fans on OTFB these days are mostly under control, plus I have never had a problem talking to Yankees fans face to face. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Actually, c-c is antagonizing me.  The Yankees fans on OTFB these days are mostly under control, plus I have never had a problem talking to Yankees fans face to face. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

WELL same with me. some of my best friends are yankee fans. believe it or not, the yanks are my second fave team. when the sox arent init i like to see them winning. i called it a tragedy for i like jeter. just acknowledging facts and the objective obvious koolaid-boy! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If Jeter doesn't play SS and Bat Leadoff he'll take his ball and go home w/ Georgie......The Bronx Zoo is back baby!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

There is a difference between "fearless" and not really confronting people. The people who bait Yankee fans with nonsense here likely would never speak their minds in front of real Yankee fans in real life. There is nothing fearless about posting here. The worst that happens is you get thrown off. Talk rubbish in front of real people and you might be visiting a dentist.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

The same should apply to those who bait Red Sox fans and there are fifty times more of those. Don't you realize that Softlaw, Burrito, Georom, Bosox1941, Babe, and Yazzer are baiting Red Sox fans all day long? The anti-Tito, anti-Jake and Jed acts are obviously phony. If you can't see that then you must be blind or be mentally challenged. Sure it provides entertainment since the gullible swallow the bait, hook, line, and sinker every time. It is astounding that the only baiters that you see are the Yankee fan baiters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

There is a difference between "fearless" and not really confronting people.

The people who bait Yankee fans with nonsense here likely would never speak their minds in front of real Yankee fans in real life.

There is nothing fearless about posting here. The worst that happens is you get thrown off.

Talk rubbish in front of real people and you might be visiting a dentist. -- Zilla

------------------------------------------

First of all talking about your rivals on your own board is not "baiting" anyone. "Baiting" would be like the Yankee fans here who come to a Red Sox board to insult the Red Sox and their fans. Yankee fans can't bait me talking
    about the Sox on their boards. Also, if they don't like it, they are free to leave.

Derek Jeter is on the decline. It's not talking rubbish, it's the truth. Some people can't handle the truth.

And your whole idea that talking about a baseball team will get you beaten up, sounds to me like the fans who feel that way have alot of other problems to begin with. It's just a game.

And you should stop posting in bold, it's obnoxious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

y r there so many yankee fans here on our board antagonizing red sox fans you morons? i dont post to antagonize anyone. i post to charge up red sox fans, get it? you shouldnt be here. but since you are BOO HOO! jeter sucks, and you all know what a-rod still loves to do.... CC
    ---------------------------------------------

LOL!  See what I mean?  Fearless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Gardner isn't anything special so it's hard justifying moving him out of the 9 hole, no?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Kimsaysthis, CC is a guy, thats not a picture of himself on his avatar. This has been brought up before.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Gardner isn't anything special so it's hard justifying moving him out of the 9 hole, no?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

don't you just love how RSN  especially  SPC

pretend april never happened

unless it's about a yankee

gardner in may  353 avg 423 OBP

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : don't you just love how RSN  especially  SPC  pretend april never happened unless it's about a yankee gardner in may  353 avg 423 OBP      

Posted by pinstripezac32

Yes, but mongo the fanboy has never been one to let facts get in the way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : don't you just love how RSN  especially  SPC  pretend april never happened unless it's about a yankee gardner in may  353 avg 423 OBP      
    Posted by pinstripezac32

and for his career .731OPS.

He's a terrible hitter, period.

Sections
Shortcuts