JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PBW. Show PBW's posts

Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?

Is this a Red Sox forum? Who cares about Jeter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

pbW
    First: 11/23/2009
    Last: 5/27/2011
    Is this a Red Sox forum? Who cares about Jeter?
    the SOX fan who authored this thread?...  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?:
    [QUOTE]y r there so many yankee fans here on our board antagonizing red sox fans you morons? i dont post to antagonize anyone. i post to charge up red sox fans, get it? you shouldnt be here. but since you are BOO HOO! jeter sucks, and you all know what a-rod still loves to do.... CC --------------------------------------------- LOL!  See what I mean?  Fearless.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    ===================================================
      Actually Kim I think that CC is trying to take up the slack since our old freind Smiley is gone. I do miss his silly yet amusing Yankee rants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH?:
    [QUOTE]pbW Posts: 2 First: 11/23/2009 Last: 5/27/2011 Is this a Red Sox forum? Who cares about Jeter? the SOX fan who authored this thread?...  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    ====================================================
     And the Yankee fans who frequent this board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey kimsaythis,

I will post in bold , I will post in yellow, pink or green.

I would even post in Chinese , If I knew it and I knew you'd dislike it.

I have been posting here for many years and have the respect of many of the regulars...some (nhsteven and jessey) who are no longer here because they had the audacity to be polite, well spoken, knowledgable but were admitted Yankee fans, never told me how I should and should not present my opinions....they are really missed.

It is getting harder to have intelligent baseball conversations here, because people like you are concerned more with whether I use bold type or not.

Get over it, just like my friend BILL806 uses all caps, I use bold. It is just something I do and it is not against any of the board rules.

Some of you people really confuse me because you don't want Yankee fans here, but you continue to invite arguments by baiting them with posts about the New York Yankees....do you think the majority of Red Sox fans really cares whether Jeter is moved to 1st , 3rd on 9th in the Yankee lineup?....they can do whatever they want with him, this type post only serves to bait Yankee fans.

Anyone who thinks there is another purpose is fooling themselves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Gardner had trouble leading off, he doing excellent 8 or 9th spot. Yankees really do not have a true lead off guy...who would take his place?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Gardner isn't anything special so it's hard justifying moving him out of the 9 hole, no?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    thats my point i guess. he's BETTER right now than jeter! say what you want about our great tito or to the haters franCOMA., no way would jeter be leading off. tito is all about the winning not ego stoking. ask varitek who used to hit fifth or sixth regukarly, ask carl crawford. heck, ask pedy if he doesnt shape up in a few weeks as craw stays hot and improves his obp. its about putting your best players within a certain period of the PRESENT in the best positions for the TEAM to succeed. all this is great for sox fans to watch for the yanks are too prickly to make an obvious decision that clearly would benefit their team. gardner's numbers thus far are SUPERIOR to jeter across the board. plus he's a speed threat. even if he doesnt steal, he will iintimidate the pitchers more once he gets on base (which he does far better than jeter at this point). 

yeah, as with the posada issue, of course sox fans will enjoy the day when it happens for it means our biggest rival is having chaos and risking turmoil behind the scenes and admittting the obvious. the admission would be we just got stuck with another deadweight cointract for another 2 years for a ninth hitter. means the medis will keep talking about it over and over and so forth.  like it or not schadenfreude is part of being a FAN! high roaders be damn-ed!

glad to see sox have all the rhetorical and procedural systems in place where we routinely do these things without much alarm. tito would meet with the player, come up with some bs injury to give him a blow here and there (lol, i get cringy the way he says it) and then without batting an eye will look in the cameras as with lackey or ellsbury or craw or dice or with becketting being pitcher #4 in the past and say its the best thing for the player at this time and everyone is on the same page, it has absolutely nothing to do with performance just the way it worked out at this time. then when said player is ready to play after a game or 2, he would slide him at ninth (from first) and pre-emptively announce that its all about helping work on his mechanics from a different perspective and that we cant win without him leading off and when that time comes, he will be back to the old jeter or ellsbury. just a little tweak. once the game starts, it doesnt matter where anyone hits anyways. that would be that. 

the fact that the yanks cant just do this without all the high drama just cracks me up at times. i forgot papi last year. in these parts papi is right up there as jeter. did tito not have him hitting seventh? did it end the world? are they still not close. you tito haters dont give him credit for anything. thats a big part of being a manger, managing PSYCHOLOGY! tito would have dropped him to ninth had papi not shaped up and we had better candidates for seventh. about the team not the EGOS. 

y is jeter so special that when his hitting behavior stinks and is clearly hurting his team, he cant be dropped just like every other player? y is posada bigger? if mariano blows 6 saves in a row as his velocity +location tapers off, you just keep sending him out there as a closer as well? give me a break! its about the TEAM In the present!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : don't you just love how RSN  especially  SPC  pretend april never happened unless it's about a yankee gardner in may  353 avg 423 OBP      
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]thats my point. i started this thread more as a baseball fan. what other manager with any player will not want to ride that hot bat at the top of his lineup and give him the extra at-bat per game. who wants to see jeter hit another weak grounder to short when you have a guy raking and more likely to torch a double down the line in the late innings. just dumb!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Kimsaysthis, CC is a guy, thats not a picture of himself on his avatar. This has been brought up before.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE] and you know this how?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : ===================================================   Actually Kim I think that CC is trying to take up the slack since our old freind Smiley is gone. I do miss his silly yet amusing Yankee rants.
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE] me too..i miss those "outside of NY" polls...Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yankee fans know deep down that Jetes has seen better days.  He is a winner, a sure HOF 1st ballot, not much else to say.  But come ON, how many commercials can one human being make?!?  Razors, cars, enemas ... he is on TV even during football season.   I am so freaking sick of him, I can't help but watch with glee as his average drops and his skills dwindle.    And I mean that with all due respect Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]Yankee fans know deep down that Jetes has seen better days.  He is a winner, a sure HOF 1st ballot, not much else to say.  But come ON, how many commercials can one human being make?!?  Razors, cars, enemas ... he is on TV even during football season.   I am so freaking sick of him, I can't help but watch with glee as his average drops and his skills dwindle.    And I mean that with all due respect

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

You forgot the part about him having almost as many championships as the red flops have had in their entire miserable existence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : You forgot the part about him having almost as many championships as the red flops have had in their entire miserable existence.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1[/QUOTE]

What have you done for me lately... besides trump every other MLB team in payroll to only accomplish 1 WS title in the last 10 years...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : don't you just love how RSN  especially  SPC  pretend april never happened unless it's about a yankee gardner in may  353 avg 423 OBP      
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Go look at his career stats, he's a solid # 9 hitter until he proves otherwise.

It's like the Yankee fans that crowned Phil Hughes as an ace when he's really been a bad MLB starter...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

don't you just love how RSN especially SPC pretend april never happened unless it's about a yankee gardner in may 353 avg 423 OBP
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Go look at his career stats, he's a solid # 9 hitter until he proves otherwise.

leading off  the game lifetime 367 avg 466 OBP

It's like the Yankee fans that crowned Phil Hughes as an ace when he's really been a bad MLB starter... 

actually i don't recall any nyyfans doing that

besides  only you are smart enough to sum up a career of a 25yr   old

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : What have you done for me lately... besides trump every other MLB team in payroll to only accomplish 1 WS title in the last 10 years...

I know it's hard for you to believe but there actually was baseball before 2004. And guess what, there was NFL football before 2001.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : I know it's hard for you to believe but there actually was baseball before 2004. And guess what, there was NFL football before 2001.

There was also NY Knick basketball for Babe before they started sh*i*tting the bed wasn't there?  There will also be NY Knick basketball for Babe once they become a legit team again over the next few seasons!

Wait wait wait.  I'll save some time for you on your response about the Bruins and say up front that I was a Whalers fan before they left town.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : I know it's hard for you to believe but there actually was baseball before 2004. And guess what, there was NFL football before 2001.

I would be absolutely floored if you were a yankee fan before 1996. If anyone screams "96er", it's you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

If Gardner didn't know how to take a walk he wouldn't even be in the majors. He brings nothing to the plate otherwise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : There was also NY Knick basketball for Babe before they started sh*i*tting the bed wasn't there?  There will also be NY Knick basketball for Babe once they become a legit team again over the next few seasons! Wait wait wait.  I'll save some time for you on your response about the Bruins and say up front that I was a Whalers fan before they left town.

Nope, won't root for the knicks.

But we all know you got your pink hat in 2004. It's ok, doesn't make you a bad guy so you might as well fess up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : Nope, won't root for the knicks. But we all know you got your pink hat in 2004. It's ok, doesn't make you a bad guy so you might as well fess up.

I was a Sox fan throughout the mid 90's and through today.  Not afraid to admit that.  At least you admitted to be a bandwagon Knicks fan so I guess I'll give you credit for that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JETER TRAGEDY TOUR CONTINUES, HOW SOON BEFORE HE IS MOVED TO NINTH? : I was a Sox fan throughout the mid 90's and through today.  Not afraid to admit that.  At least you admitted to be a bandwagon Knicks fan so I guess I'll give you credit for that.

Stop, we know you jumped on in '04. Probably still have your first sawx jersey and I bet it was a Damon one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Communist-contrarian said:
    And you know this how?

Because you posted it on the Celtics board. Are you denying it now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Communist-contrarian said: And you know this how? Because you posted it on the Celtics board. Are you denying it now?
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]i guess my point is: what relevance does it have on anything? what does sex or gender have to do with her point?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Kimsaysthis said you were very outspoken for a woman. I told her you werent one. Understand now?

Sections
Shortcuts