Jhonny Peralta to St.Louis???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Jhonny Peralta to St.Louis???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/cardinals-peralta-close-to-deal.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Jhonny Peralta to St.Louis???

Hi SP!  Have a nice holiday. 

If Cards sign Peralta, then Drew may stay w/Sox?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Jhonny Peralta - SS -  Tigers

One team that offered Jhonny Peralta a four-year, $52 million deal was told they weren't even "in the game," according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

The Cardinals are said to be deep in negotiations for the 31-year-old, suggesting they're at least comfortable with the previously reported asking price. How much higher the cost -- and interested teams -- might go is still unknown. Peralta is one of the top free agent shortstops in a market that's not saturated with great options, so he'll likely get what he's asking for, whatever that may be.  

crazy....         

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i wish....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Peralta over Drew?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peralta over Drew?

[/QUOTE]

No loss of first round draft pick is tied to peralta... Just making money the nly thing the Cards have to give up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jhonny Peralta - SS -  Tigers

One team that offered Jhonny Peralta a four-year, $52 million deal was told they weren't even "in the game," according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

The Cardinals are said to be deep in negotiations for the 31-year-old, suggesting they're at least comfortable with the previously reported asking price. How much higher the cost -- and interested teams -- might go is still unknown. Peralta is one of the top free agent shortstops in a market that's not saturated with great options, so he'll likely get what he's asking for, whatever that may be.  

crazy....         

[/QUOTE]

Unless they don't test him again....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Hey Mex! you do the same bud.

Not sure Drew will be back. I really believe the Sox will give Xander his shot at the SS job and the same with Middy at 3b. If Drew comes back it would turn into having to make a few extra moves that really arent necessary IMHO.

But hey...Anything is possible

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hey, terrific, Peralta will be the second player in 2 years (Melky Cabrera the other) to get a nice raise after a PED suspension.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, terrific, Peralta will be the second player in 2 years (Melky Cabrera the other) to get a nice raise after a PED suspension.

[/QUOTE]

Crazy isnt it?  Reward cheaters.  great set up mlb has.  Should make them play for free.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crazy isnt it?  Reward cheaters.  great set up mlb has.  Should make them play for free.  

[/QUOTE]

so what does it mean ?

the GM's think they will still use ?

or

the stuff isn't all that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so what does it mean ?

or

the stuff isn't all that

[/QUOTE]

i think he's saying the 2 guys comming off ped suspension get's nice raise...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so what does it mean ?

or

the stuff isn't all that

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

got that

I was asking why

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Brad Ziegler ‏@BradZiegler 2h

It pays to cheat...Thanks, owners, for encouraging PED use “@JimBowdenESPNxm: Peralta - Cards agree to 4-year deal: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10030133/jhonny-peralta-st-louis-cardinals-agree-4-year-52-million-deal 

Retweeted by Pete Abraham

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Cards went for Peralta, over Drew  1) Didn't want to lose Draft pick 2) Didn't want an All-Lefthanded batting infield 3) Flexibility 4) Not much difference Defensively 5) Durability 6) Didn't want to deal with Boras.

Craig will be going to Rightfield. Tells you how much the smart GM's value the Draft picks. They are picking 30th.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so what does it mean ?

or

the stuff isn't all that

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

got that

I was asking why

[/QUOTE]

I haven't been inside a GM's brain in years, but my best guess is that it means that the GM gets to hope Peralta doesn't use again, and if Peralta does the GM can stick his head in the sand and pull it out just long enough to say, "Gee, I didn't think he'd do that.... again".   That is, if the GM's nose hasn't grown so long that he can't get his head out of the sand. 

I'm sick of the whole thing. Players are still getting rewarded for using.  IMO a two year unpaid suspension for anyone caught using might get the player's attention.  What's happening now certainly isn't. Or rather, I guess you could say it is.  Frown

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so what does it mean ?

or

the stuff isn't all that

[/QUOTE]

It means the PR aspect of a team spending money to win outweighs the risk of lsoing a player to PEDs.

Also, one could argue players use PEDs to increase their performance and get a huge contract.  If you give them the huge contract, you have now removed a significant part of the incentive to use PEDs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to notin's comment:

It means the PR aspect of a team spending money to win outweighs the risk of lsoing a player to PEDs.

IDK maybe but there's plenty of other ways to spend for headlines

saying no thanks to the guy could help PR also

Also, one could argue players use PEDs to increase their performance and get a huge contract.  If you give them the huge contract, you have now removed a significant part of the incentive to use PEDs.

that's the part about arod I have a hard time understanding

why risk it all when he already had his 2nd monster deal

I think their is an addiction factor to peds perhaps mental more than

physical that isn't talked about enough

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

so what does it mean ?

or

the stuff isn't all that

greetings S5

I haven't been inside a GM's brain in years, but my best guess is that it means that the GM gets to hope Peralta doesn't use again, and if Peralta does the GM can stick his head in the sand and pull it out just long enough to say, "Gee, I didn't think he'd do that.... again".   That is, if the GM's nose hasn't grown so long that he can't get his head out of the sand. 

I'm sick of the whole thing. Players are still getting rewarded for using.  IMO a two year unpaid suspension for anyone caught using might get the player's attention.  What's happening now certainly isn't. Or rather, I guess you could say it is.  Frown

I thought you might be a little more cynical and suggest

the GM was hoping he doesn't get caught again

I guess we can point to inflation/ contract timing that causes the player to get the raise

but I was wondering if the GM  thought he was going to get lesser results

from a former suspended player

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Ba-ba-ba bad ka-ka-ka karma ka kards

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

here U go S5

In lieu of Jhonny Peralta's four-year, $53 million contract with the Cardinals, there could soon be changes coming to baseball's Joint Drug Agreement between the players union and the owners.
    Brad Ziegler, who is the Diamondbacks player representative, tweeted Sunday, "It pays to cheat", and "Thanks, owners, for encouraging PED use." Ziegler elaborated, "We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it’s not. So we are working on it again." It certainly sounds like many other players are echoing those same sentiments, and a likely scenario is that changes could be proposed to the agreement during the player's union annual board meeting in December. It obviously isn't good for the game if the penalties for PED use aren't enough of a deterrent, and incorporating the forfeiture of salary could be one increased penalty that is discussed.

Source: FOX Sports

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

You would think not knowing what you're going to get from the guy now that he's (presumably) off the juice would be at least a little bit of a deterrant against a GM giving out a big contract...or do the Cards feel certain his future numbers will be in line with his previous, "enhanced" numbers?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

here U go S5

In lieu of Jhonny Peralta's four-year, $53 million contract with the Cardinals, there could soon be changes coming to baseball's Joint Drug Agreement between the players union and the owners.
    Brad Ziegler, who is the Diamondbacks player representative, tweeted Sunday, "It pays to cheat", and "Thanks, owners, for encouraging PED use." Ziegler elaborated, "We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it’s not. So we are working on it again." It certainly sounds like many other players are echoing those same sentiments, and a likely scenario is that changes could be proposed to the agreement during the player's union annual board meeting in December. It obviously isn't good for the game if the penalties for PED use aren't enough of a deterrent, and incorporating the forfeiture of salary could be one increased penalty that is discussed.

Source: FOX Sports

[/QUOTE]
    I guess I'm beginning to think like a ML player.  Now if I only had their skills to go with it..... Cool.

Thanks Zac.  It's looking like even the Player's Assn. is tired of this too, as well they should be.  When Peralta (or anyone else) gets caught using it gives more ammunition to the fans who say that EVERYONE is using. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this sends a terrible message to kids. 

as for the GM's....they are probably thinking:

science > testing

Sections
Shortcuts