Jim Leyland?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Jim Leyland?

If Jim Leyland were to leave the Tigers would you consider him for manager of the Red Sox?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Jim Leyland?

Yes.  I continue to find it interesting to think that we fired the most successful manager in RS history, and now we're waiting for someone else's disappointment to be fired.

But outside of that, Leyland has had a fair amount of success, and I don't hold him accountable for Detroit this year.  They were just one more in a succession of teams that think defense doesn't count.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I always liked him. I'm all for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox need somebody that can do what Showwalter did in Baltimore.  He has the O's believing in themselves.  Rays have the same type of manager.  Even Girardi is a good manager.  You don't hear stuff coming out of those cities like the Sox have had for the last 5 years.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

does he work well with prospects?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good manager, but a little old. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Tony Pena NYY bench coach for Manager and let him pick all of his own coaches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Good manager, but a little old. 

He's a young sprout at 67.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Why would leyland leave a much better situation in detroit to take over this mess of a sox team?I doubt he'd be interested in any way,shape or form.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Probably wishful thinking but would be a super choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

For those of you thinking this is far fetched. Sports Illustrated wrote yesterday he could be on the Hot Seat if the Tigers fail to make the playoffs, that it may be his time to go, and Leyland says he agrees that this could be his final year with the Tigers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

If Jim Leyland were to leave the Tigers would you consider him for manager of the Red Sox?

Tony LaRussa.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

then why not Torre...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

then why not Torre...

Torre doesn't bring Dave Duncan with him....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Tony Pena NYY bench coach for Manager and let him pick all of his own coaches.

I like Tony Pena too.  He did an excellent job at Kansas City.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Pena-former Sox catcher; good choice. Knows the history, especially recent.

I think I would be inclined to stay with my suggestion the last two weeks: the PawSox coaching staff. Many reasons--management knows the group and vice versa.

They have spent ST with every player, they have brought those on rehab assignments back to playing form, they have a good sense of the talent in the minor league system. They have been successful.

If they win the Governor's Cup or if they lose this series with the  Charlotte White Sox affiliate--I will feel the same way---give them a chance--what do we have to lose. 

Everyone needs a chance. The Manager and assstants get  one year contracts and a team option.