Jim Rice to "BIG PAPI"............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Jim Rice to

I guess I should have read the following posts after Jackbu's.  Roy did make some good points.  Still, if and when Papi plays, I would hope for a lot more from him given the dearth of left-handed power in the lineup.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

I guess I should have read the following posts after Jackbu's.  Roy did make some good points.  Still, if and when Papi plays, I would hope for a lot more from him given the dearth of left-handed power in the lineup.  

I agree -- to a point.

I'd prefer Papi's line to be 30 HR, 95 to 105 RBI, .280 to .300-plus BA.

But I can live with 23 to 25 HR, 80-plus RBI and .260-plus BA.

Of course it also depends on  how everyone else is doing. I'd rather Ortiz being the fourth-best run producer with the Sox winning in first place (Rice in 1988), than Ortiz being the best run producer but the Sox struggling to be .500.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

I agree -- to a point.

I'd prefer Papi's line to be 30 HR, 95 to 105 RBI, .280 to .300-plus BA.

But I can live with 23 to 25 HR, 80-plus RBI and .260-plus BA.

Of course it also depends on  how everyone else is doing. I'd rather Ortiz being the fourth-best run producer with the Sox winning in first place (Rice in 1988), than Ortiz being the best run producer but the Sox struggling to be .500.

26MIL later ???? 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Happy 6-0 Jim Rice

2nd that .........   Gosh, Jimmy was a great player for the $ox......  What an outfield, RICE, LYNN, & EVANS !!!!   CARL YAZ, ROOSTER, CARLTON FISK, RICO !!!  "THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS, WE THOUGHT  THEY WOULD NEVER END"  !!!