Jim Rice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Jim Rice

I would love to see Jim Ed put his name in the ring for the next manager. Total class act and someone who understands the game as good as anyone and a true Red Sox.. just thinking out loud here but wanted to throw this idea out.. not even sure if he would even consider it..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Jim Rice

Penile envy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

Please, no.  We need someone who is a little more animated and dynamic.  Not necessarily Ozzie G (not that he's an option at this point or a good fit for Boston), but someone who has some fire in his belly and holds players accountable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Jim Rice? you got to be kidding, as manager he has to talk to the press on a daily basis, and that would be a disaster in the making.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Let's see, so far I've seen Carlton Fisk, Jason Varitek, Curt Schilling, Dennis Eckersley, Kevin Millar and now Jim Rice. Maybe we should go after someone who has at least coached his kid's Little League team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Maybe he could be brought back as hitting coach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Jim Rice:
    I would love to see Jim Ed put his name in the ring for the next manager. Total class act and someone who understands the game as good as anyone and a true Red Sox.. just thinking out loud here but wanted to throw this idea out.. not even sure if he would even consider it..
    Posted by soxman16

someone who understands the game as good as anyone

1 question

do you watch post & pregames shows on nesn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

In Response to Re: Jim Rice:
    Please, no.  We need someone who is a little more animated and dynamic.  Not necessarily Ozzie G (not that he's an option at this point or a good fit for Boston), but someone who has some fire in his belly and holds players accountable.
    Posted by mannimota

You don't think Ozzie is a good fit to whip up our team of pre-madonna sissies?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Let's see, so far I've seen Carlton Fisk, Jason Varitek, Curt Schilling, Dennis Eckersley, Kevin Millar and now Jim Rice. Maybe we should go after someone who has at least coached his kid's Little League team.
    Posted by LloydDobler

So... Coach Flaherty, who was my coach in Little League?  Does he meet your criteria?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Jim Rice : You don't think Ozzie is a good fit to whip up our team of pre-madonna sissies?
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4

The word is "prima donna."  Not "pre-madonna."

Unless you mean they were sissies prior to the Virgin Mother. Or the "Like a Virgin" '80's pop star.

Both work...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Posted by LloydDobler

==============================================
     Forrest Gump? I mean isn`t this team like a box of chocolates?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikezep61. Show mikezep61's posts

Is that because Jim Ed did such a stellar job interacting with the media during his playing career???  Rice is the anti-Francona in terms of dealing with the media --- not a good trait in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Is that because Jim Ed did such a stellar job interacting with the media during his playing career???  Rice is the anti-Francona in terms of dealing with the media --- not a good trait in Boston.
    Posted by mikezep61

Technically, right now,  Jim Rice IS part of the media.

Oh irony of ironies...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Isn't Yogi Berra still alive?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Rice !!!, first of all the guy is a Human sleeping pill who's post game comments usually take him 5 minutes to explain how someone hit a foul ball, when he was once asked What the team need to do to win the next game he said "well 1st they need to score more runs than the other team" thats a DAHHHHH.
    Then lets not forget as a player while good, he is one of a long line of previous Red Sox losers, a guy who have never won a WS telling somebody how to do it.
    Sorry, just wrong.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

My vote goes for Don Baylor or Brian Daubach!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Jim Rice : So... Coach Flaherty, who was my coach in Little League?  Does he meet your criteria?
    Posted by notin

That puts him ahead of the aforementioned in terms of experience.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

OK, so not such a good idea.. as I said i was thinking out loud. I know his strength is not dealing with the media. I understand this is part of the job.

Sections
Shortcuts