Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again

Ells singles steals second and is standing on third about 30 seconds after his return to the RS lineup. Not only that, but he scores the game's first run. How long before his next reverse pivot jack?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again

Definitely nice to see him back in the lineup.  He did get the offence going in the first and made a superb catch later in the game.

This was just a good all-around game for the offence, from Gonzo's blasts to Lowrie getting a couple of hits from the left side to Lavarnway keeping it going.  Everybody in the lineup with at least one hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Just more proof how valuable Ellsbury is to this team..And hes still getting better..Id like to see CC bat second just to see what these two can do when both are hitting and getting on base..Pure terror for pitchers..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again:
    [QUOTE]Just more proof how valuable Ellsbury is to this team..And hes still getting better..Id like to see CC bat second just to see what these two can do when both are hitting and getting on base..Pure terror for pitchers..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

A number of people are suggesting CC be moved to second but I don't think his numbers justify it.  Although he's improved, his OBP is still below .300 and his OBP vs. lefties is below .250.  If Tito moves him to second and he puts up those types of numbers it doesn't help the offence.  I think Tito is slotting him correctly to this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Perhaps next season we move Crawford to 2nd and Hit Pedroia 3rd?

If Youk was the 25-30 HR .420 OBP guy he was 08-09 then it's be hard to move him from cleanup... but if he is a 20 HR .290 OBP guy now... and Crawford returns to the .295/.350 guy he was 08-10 hitting mostly 2nd.... then that would be a wise move, make us very fast at the top and deep 1-6

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i said it first and best..as jake goes, the Sox go....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox are certainly his team this year. AGON always has a chance to drive in a run when Ellsbury is in the lineup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And he gets the reverse pivot jack tonight. Anyone want to bet against Ells going 30/30 this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

It would be pretty cool carnie! I wont lie, when they first brought ells up i hated him becuase i was a huge crisp fan, but right before our eyes we have seen a few darn good players develop, and thats pretty awsome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]It would be pretty cool carnie! I wont lie, when they first brought ells up i hated him becuase i was a huge crisp fan, but right before our eyes we have seen a few darn good players develop, and thats pretty awsome.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]I liked Crisp too. When he said James Sheilds (I think) punched like a girl, he won me over permanently. Did you notice that Coco dropped 3 on the Yanks in the 10th tonight?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Yah i saw that, doesnt matter what team coco plays for hell always be a gangsta to me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Crisp would  be off the charts if he had Pedroia and Agon creating room service fastballs to hit.  I find calling him a "gangsta" to be racist. Nice to see him take care of the yanks with a 5 RBI and switch hit homers and 5 for 5 OB. Hard to do in Oakland.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Crisp would  be off the charts if he had Pedroia and Agon creating room service fastballs to hit.  I find calling him a "gangsta" to be racist. Nice to see him take care of the yanks with a 5 RBI and switch hit homers and 5 for 5 OB. Hard to do in Oakland.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]Did you notice Crawford had 5 ribbies tonight too? And they were in NY not Oakland.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Crisp hit one out to LF, not just RF.

I noticed Crawford had 5 rBis, but it would be better to see it against Yankees in a close game, instead of a game that was a route. But, as pitiful as Crawford and his 20M sub-.300 OBP has been, it was reason to see Crawford can return to career averages for next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think he helps down the stretch this year. The Red Sox lineup looks pretty deadly to me heading into the postseason, especially if Crawford gets it going. Jacoby is the key though IMNSHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

No, Agon is the key. If he is out of the lineup, Ellsbury isn't getting a stead diet of get over fastballs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Try researching Jake's pitch diet. It's hardly a steady steam of heat.
    AGONE has the advantage of the first base hole and a pitcher's concentration compromised whenever Jake is on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Softy hates speed guys, we all know this. I bet "Tacoby" goes 30/30 this year though, and I really wouldn't want to think about where the Red Sox would be without him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Try researching Jake's pitch diet. It's hardly a steady steam of heat. AGONE has the advantage of the first base hole and a pitcher's concentration compromised whenever Jake is on.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Bingo. 
    Jacoby has hit every pitch in the book. 
    Sutcliffe, who as a pitcher has always kept a close eye on centerfielders, said during the game tonight that he ranks Ellsbury right up there with the best he's seen. The man has made terrific catches two nights in a row. First time, he simply ran down a line drive. Second time, he got a great jump, took a perfect route, and  ran down a ball that was crushed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That catch on Monday was amazing. The kid is really dialed in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

So Coco would be tearing the cover off the ball with Pedroia and Agon in his lineup, but he couldn't do so even remotely with Pedroia, Manny Ramirez, and David Ortiz when the latter two were a bit younger and hitting 40 homeruns each? Ok, that's interesting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Forgive Softone. He isn't all there. The light switch short-circuits more often than not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]So Coco would be tearing the cover off the ball with Pedroia and Agon in his lineup, but he couldn't do so even remotely with Pedroia, Manny Ramirez, and David Ortiz when the latter two were a bit younger and hitting 40 homeruns each? Ok, that's interesting.
    Posted by bigpanther98[/QUOTE]

Another one of Softy's flimsy arguments exposed.

Sections
Shortcuts