Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again

I wish Jake would teach CC the reverse pivot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again:
    [QUOTE]I wish Jake would teach CC the reverse pivot.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Then CC will get 43% more fat city meatballs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Harness did praise Softlaw one night for being the forum's "sacrificial lamb" and making himself the universal target. Such a target is something that everyone loves to shoot at and that is a good thing for the forum activity. Once again Harness prefers quantity over quality. He fails to fess up to this comment. A waffler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Harness did praise Softlaw one night for being the forum's "sacrificial lamb" and making himself the universal target. Such a target is something that everyone loves to shoot at and that is a good thing for the forum activity. Once again Harness prefers quantity over quality. He fails to fess up to this comment. A waffler.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]Could you comment about baseball please?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again : Now, it's about RBIs? Your criteria changes faster Obama's. He's better and cheaper than CC. You were against signing him and look what we got instead. He has the 11th MLB highest OPS this year (just after Fielder). He's 9th in OPS since 2010 (ahead of Youk, Agon, Fielder, Tulo, and Papi). He's 11th since 2009 (ahead of ARod, Mauer, Teix and more). He's 5th best since 2008 (ahead of many "elite" hitters). Oh and by the way, he's 11th in RBI since 2008  (ahead of Kemp, Cano, Hamilton and just behind ARod and Papi). I guess we could argue semantics, but to me top 11 out of hundreds and hundreds of players is elite.
    Moon you humiliate Softy daily, the man is a blundering fool who you show to be an ignoramus on a daily basis. I appreciate ur stats, facts and reality based destruction of a reviled loser this enire board despises

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's gotten so absurd, I'm tempted to block my first poster ever. I used to at least get a chuckle every now and then, but now I just feel pity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]He's gotten so absurd, I'm tempted to block my first poster ever. I used to at least get a chuckle every now and then, but now I just feel pity.

JC, you almost gave me a coronary!
    If he knows he's on IGGY, you'd better have some steel-plated armor on UR back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why? 

He's been shooting blanks for months.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Don't forget the switch-blade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again : Moon you humiliate Softy daily, the man is a blundering fool who you show to be an ignoramus on a daily basis. I appreciate ur stats, facts and reality based destruction of a reviled loser this enire board despises
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Rameakap,

Excellent assessment.  It covers all the bases, I think.  I've been very busy lately and this brief moment to get back to the board only makes what you say even more clear.  I've changed my mind about Softy playing the devil's advocate.  I think the term is sado-masochist.  He loves to inflict pain on others and appears to love receiving it.

Each thread I've read this morning screams blatant buffoonery.

I purposely haven't read the Kemp thread because I refuse to interject a perfectly innocent player - of some merit, to be honest - into the maelstrom of his lunacy.

It's one thing to disagree, which many of us do at one point or another.  But some of the claims made are so ludicrous that one feels the need to call for professional help so this individual mightbe cradled carefully away from the edge of the precipice and wrapped in the nice warm, safe arms of a straight jacket and a padded cell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well said, SY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

And, yet, he manages to be the object of so much time and energy for many of us, who are already spending an inordinate anount of time on this boards vis-a-vis its actual life worth.  I don't know.  Is he crazy?  Yes.  Does he get under you skin?  Of course.  But he is fascinating, and, for better for worse, is one of the strangely major axis of focus her on the BDC Sox forum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again : Rameakap,    Excellent assessment.  It covers all the bases, I think.  I've been very busy lately and this brief moment to get back to the board only makes what you say even more clear.  I've changed my mind about Softy playing the devil's advocate.  I think the term is sado-masochist.  He loves to inflict pain on others and appears to love receiving it.   Each thread I've read this morning screams blatant buffoonery.   I purposely haven't read the Kemp thread because I refuse to interject a perfectly innocent player - of some merit, to be honest - into the maelstrom of his lunacy.   It's one thing to disagree, which many of us do at one point or another.  But some of the claims made are so ludicrous that one feels the need to call for professional help so this individual mightbe cradled carefully away from the edge of the precipice and wrapped in the nice warm, safe arms of a straight jacket and a padded cell.   
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Very perceptive, SY. Welcome back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Dinger #24 is the game winner vs. the Yanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ells has been outstanding vs. the Yanks. Another Yankee killer is born.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

CC and others should learn the "reverse pivot" from Jake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tellthatonegoodbye. Show tellthatonegoodbye's posts

"Jitterbug Jake"?? I seriously hope that nickname never catches on, unless he wants to be laughed off the field. Even in the 1930's, that would have been a sissy nickname. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]"Jitterbug Jake"?? I seriously hope that nickname never catches on, unless he wants to be laughed off the field. Even in the 1930's, that would have been a sissy nickname. 
    Posted by tellthatonegoodbye[/QUOTE]
     This was a derogatory epithet coined by Softlaw, who, for whatever bizarre reason, has hated ellsbury since day 1 and refuses to accept that there is anything at all good about the guy.  Everyone else on the board just uses it tongue in cheek to poke fun at Softy.  Once it became clear that Ells was anything but jitterbug, Softy had to resort to silly nicknames like Bellsbury, in reference to that old Taco Bell free taco giveaway for an Ells SB a few years back.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tellthatonegoodbye. Show tellthatonegoodbye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again :  This was a derogatory epithet coined by Softlaw, who, for whatever bizarre reason, has hated ellsbury since day 1 and refuses to accept that there is anything at all good about the guy.  Everyone else on the board just uses it tongue in cheek to poke fun at Softy.  Once it became clear that Ells was anything but jitterbug, Softy had to resort to silly nicknames like Bellsbury, in reference to that old Taco Bell free taco giveaway for an Ells SB a few years back.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I have no idea who "Softlaw" is, not around here often enough to know the regulars. I just skim the thread titles on the Sox page at boston.com. Very glad to see it's not a serious nickname, though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

"Last thing, kudos to the fan and fans for not touching the ball Varitek hit, that could have cost us the tying run. Way to go to our FANS! "

My thoughts exactly.  My daughter and I were watching the game together and in discussing it we both admitted that we'd have instinctively reached for the ball and immediately afterward would have said, "NO!! WHY did I do that?" 

A great job on the part of the fans. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How many still wish VTek would have retired last winter?

Just one? (softy)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]How many still wish VTek would have retired last winter? Just one? (softy)

Moon, Why have I not seen Softy on the forum today?  Hmmmm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again : Moon, Why have I not seen Softy on the forum today?  Hmmmm.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Banned banned banned.  I hope banned anyway.  He's thinking up a new username.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake gets the Sox going again : Moon, Why have I not seen Softy on the forum today?  Hmmmm.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Let me guess...

...Could it be because of...

Last 7 games:
    VTek second in OPS on the team (1.875)
    Jake 3rd in OPS (1.179)
    No Pop Jed 6th and Salty 7th.

Last 14 days:
    VTek 2nd (1.313)
    Jake  4th (1.018)
    Salty 6th (.946)
    CC    7th (.905)