Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense

In Response to Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, Ellsbury seems to be emerging into a Rickey Henderson type force in the leadoff spot right before our eyes.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

He could be more Henderson like if he started to refer to himself in the third person,for example,"Jacoby had a pretty good day today.Jacoby's on a roll".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense:
    [QUOTE]No, compare him to leadoff hitters who have Pedroia and AGon quality #2 and #3 hitters. Put him on the Royals or the Padres and numbers dive and slobbering ends.  
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

you are truly the biggest jackazz on the forum!  Congratulations.  When Pedey was hitting .230 I heard nothing from you about how that would negatively affect the lineup.  You know why?  Because that is a crock!  Every team wants to keep the leadoff hitter off base.  I submit that every good leadoff hitter would have diminished stats on the Royals and Padres because they are terrible teams.  Ellbury has been an important part of the high powered offense.  The Sox players don't say, "Ellbury has had a good season but its only because Pedey and Agon are here".  That would be a stupid thing for them to say and only an idiot would use that as an excuse to minimize what he has meant to the lineup.

Finally, only an idiot would trade their leadoff hitter in the middle of a season where the player is having a really good year and the team is in first place...even for a "profile like Kemp".  Even if you don't like the player, you would ride the season out because you could be heading for a world series with the current lineup.  You don't break it up mid-season because that could cost everyone their job.  Plus, if a move like that changed the trajectory of the season for the worse, your "profile like Kemp" would be blamed for the disintegration of the season.  But you know all this already.  You are just being a tool as usual and writing stuff you don't believe.  You have been owned again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, Ellsbury seems to be emerging into a Rickey Henderson type force in the leadoff spot right before our eyes.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

As long as he doesn't start refering to himself in the third person ....

I am delighted with it.

Heck, even if he does, I'm delighted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Sorry, Softy, Ellsbury has turned into one of the best in the game:
    http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/who-is-the-best-leadoff-hitter-in-baseball.html

I know it suks for you but just swallow hard and accept it!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone hitting in front of Pedroia and AGon becomes "one of the best leadoff hitters" in the game. Jim, what is your hero who you want more than Kemp, what's he hitting v LHP? He's been thrown out almost 1/3 of the time on steal attempts. Kemp is everthing Bellsbury will never be, a guy who can leadoff or hit cleanup. He's the wrong color for most Red Sox fans, who love the little hotdog.

Regardless, you don't make a deal like that mid-season.  Anyone, except you, I guess, knows that.  Do you think he is the wrong color for me?  He is the same color as me, doofus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless, you do make a Nomar deal in mid-season, when it's the right short and long term move. You aren't most Red Sox fans, dufous.

Toolbox, the Nomar trade was in response to the Sox UNDERPERFORMING in the field.  Theo addressed a specific, glaring need to upgrade.  Additionally, the Sox were floundering when the deal was made.  It was a totally different situation and makes no sense as a comparison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think the Nomar deal was two things: One Theo and the new regime did not have a valid sentiment in respect to Nomar (thus they wee less afraid of public backlash if they moved him). Two he had been throwing the ball into the dugout on routine outs way too many times.... oh wait and number Three Nomar had whined about the departures of Clemens and Mo often enough.... oh wait and Four he sat in the dugout while....

Well you get the idea.

Nomar was traded because Nomar was blowing chunks at this point. It may have been one of the boldest moves and best moves in all of Red Sox history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone hitting in front of Pedroia and AGon becomes "one of the best leadoff hitters" in the game. Jim, what is your hero who you want more than Kemp, what's he hitting v LHP? He's been thrown out almost 1/3 of the time on steal attempts. Kemp is everthing Bellsbury will never be, a guy who can leadoff or hit cleanup. He's the wrong color for most Red Sox fans, who love the little hotdog.

That's pure bs, boy.

What color?  Ells is native American.  Your attempt at inflaming things is purely hateful.  It just amazes me that a white guy like you keeps bringing this up like you're the measure of social justice.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense : anyone who hopes the worst for a player on the team he supposedly cheers for, is in NO WAY a true fan..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.   Unless one adds "-atic".  Then it's quite true,  but not as a supporter of one's team

The most ridiculous thing is he sits at his keyboard hoping to get our hackles up and that get his jollies off doing it.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not white, punk!
    Posted by billbyboy

Carpetbagger

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Compare to leadoff hitters who have Pedroia and AGon, instead of the 2 and 3 hitters for the Padres and Royals.  

This has to be the lamest, most idiotic post I've ever seen made here in a serious discussion.  This team is what it is, it's built that way for a reason, and it's working. 

Just how far would you like to carry this?  Would you have us believe....

- Ellsbury is hitting well because he has Pedroia and Gonz behind him...
    - Pedroia has good RBI numbers because Ells is getting on base a lot and is hitting well because he has Gonz and Papi behind him...
    - Gonzales has good RBI numbers because he has Ellsbury and Pedroia ahead of him and he has Papi behind him...
    - Papi has good RBI numbers because he has Pedroia and Gonzales ahead of him and is hitting well because he has Youk behind him...

...and this runs all the way down through the order now (as long as Drew isn't playing).

My only question to you is, if that's your opinion why not discredit all members of the team because of who's hitting around them?  Why single out Ellsbury when you can make exactly the same case for anyone in the top five in the order?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense : you are truly the biggest jackazz on the forum!  Congratulations.  When Pedey was hitting .230 I heard nothing from you about how that would negatively affect the lineup.  You know why?  Because that is a crock!  Every team wants to keep the leadoff hitter off base.  I submit that every good leadoff hitter would have diminished stats on the Royals and Padres because they are terrible teams.  Ellbury has been an important part of the high powered offense.  The Sox players don't say, "Ellbury has had a good season but its only because Pedey and Agon are here".  That would be a stupid thing for them to say and only an idiot would use that as an excuse to minimize what he has meant to the lineup. Finally, only an idiot would trade their leadoff hitter in the middle of a season where the player is having a really good year and the team is in first place...even for a "profile like Kemp".  Even if you don't like the player, you would ride the season out because you could be heading for a world series with the current lineup.  You don't break it up mid-season because that could cost everyone their job.  Plus, if a move like that changed the trajectory of the season for the worse, your "profile like Kemp" would be blamed for the disintegration of the season.  But you know all this already.  You are just being a tool as usual and writing stuff you don't believe.  You have been owned again.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Outstanding, Jim.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Bellsbury v LHP during his Ted William season: BA .255 OBP .325 28 Steals Caught 10 times Reddick  HR  438 feet (biggest hit of the game) Bellsbury HR 358 feet Bellsbury career Averages: OBP .351   SLG .424     Now, Adam Jones was an AS. So what. Now the question is do you spend 12 to 14M for the great Crawbustberry, or do you deal Bellsbury during his career best mid stream season. Of course, you deal him for a profile like Kemp, given the great Crawford and Reddick and Kalish in house. Slobbering over a player that benefits from Pedroia, AGon (main difference) is simply fools gold. Put him on the Royals and see what he does. Put anyone in front of Pedroia and AGon and see their numbers spike. Slobber on while the long term value trade window closes. Boras' demands didn't stop Theo from the foolish 142 Crawbust. One can only hope that it will stop Theo from spending 12 to 14M for a 142M offer for Tweedle Dee or a dubious CBA draft pick. Reddick hiting fair to midland with a little power should move him up and send the management indicter and his 2 to 2.5 out  the door.  

softy ells hitting317-ob 377-doubles 28 hrs 13-sb 28 and  51 rbis,hurts you right?Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You knew softy would try diversionary tactics and backpedaling to deny his being so wrong on "Jake".

He knew Pedey and AGon would be behind him this year, but still predicted disaster, injury, and worse for his favorite bashing focus.

He also said Jake's HRs would increase when he played LF over CF. Remember that one?

He also said (but then quickly retracted it) that leadoff is all about runs scored. Then he said it's all about OBP. Now it's all about who hits behind you.

He also said he doesn't watch or need to watch the games. How else could anyone explain his nearsightedness on Jake's "pop". As many "cheap HRs" as Jake has, he has has deep fly balls caught for outs, some even robbed of HRs. An HR is an HR, and Jake's got 13 in less than 60% of a season.

He also used UZR/150 to discredit Jake's fioelding: now he discredits UZR/150, but only for players he despises (Jake and Jed) or defends (Jeter).

Now, it's all about SB%, who hits behind you, and next it will be about wind direction and park dimensions. He probably still thinks TB is a hitter's park as he claimed with Lugo's years there.

Before is was all about leadoff OBP, now it's all about short-sample numbers vs LHPs. (Funny, he roasted me for using a 3 year sample of Papi vs LHPs, yet now he uses a less-than-120 PA sample to roast Jake)

Jake's OBP is now at .377 in a year when offense is down.
    Jake is 3rd on this team in extra base hits (41): ahead of Pedey and Youk.
    Jake is tied for 3rd in HRs on the Sox (13).
    Jake is 4th in RBIs even with some low OBP guys ahead of him.
    Jake has a higher OPS on the road (.886 to .876).
    Jake has an .800 plus OPS every month this year.
    Jake has a .392 OPS when leading off an inning
      (softy used to bash him for this.)
    Jake has an .388 OBP in the leadoff slot.
      (softy projected his career OBP this year, which was .344 at the time.)

Softy wanted and still wants Crawford to leadoff for us.

Clown logic continues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not white, punk!

your color is called THE FOOL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ellsbury has hit a number of HR's 400 feet or more this year.  Here's his HR log, not including yesterday's.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2011_68&type=hitter

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't at all think Jake is driving the Red Sox offense, simply because this team needs several drivers and right now has five pretty good ones--in order, Jake, Pedey, AGon, Youk, and Papi.  The complaint about Jake against lefties is bogus--AGon, for example, has a much bigger gap (.400 in OPS) between his splits for lefties vs. righties. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You guys realize bettersoftthenlaw is making fun of Softlaw right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]Softy, remember when I said 2 years ago that Ellsbury probably would have a similar career to Damon, except that he started 2 years later. When I said he would have a similar progression in his numbers and would probably get into the 20 HR pop range. When I projected him as having a "monster" year in 2011 last winter? You never had a clue and still don't.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]I personally thought he was a combination of Ted Williams, Ichiro, and a number of other Hall of Fame players. As long as sheep like you, who must be twelve years old and never saw Henderson play, believe Bellsbury is better than average, he will get undeserved opportunities in Boston.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]
    Congratulations for making 100+ posts without being banned with the current Softy screen name.Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]You guys realize bettersoftthenlaw is making fun of Softlaw right?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm onto that.  The real Softlaw is posting only as billbyboy.