Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense:
    The last 10 games make Kemp a more desirable target, and Ellsbury a more desirable trade bait.
    Posted by billbyboy

???????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He means, based on 10 games, it would be easier now to trade Jake (after his gamewinning hit tonight) for Kemp (after a bad 10 games).

It's hard to understand clown logic, but I think I am beginning to see the method to his madness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't know If I wanna jump back into this thread or just keep reading it and laugh. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He means, based on 10 games, it would be easier now to trade Jake (after his gamewinning hit tonight) for Kemp (after a bad 10 games). It's hard to understand clown logic, but I think I am beginning to see the method to his madness.
    Posted by moonslav59

According to a recent retort, Softnut "manages billions".
    (God help us). My guess is, he sees players as market-type commodities.
    That alone creates a fan division - and a subsequent bias.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Belittling" is a word, for a captious poster who is not a very good liar. And, no, you did not place a lower value on Crawford, nor did you intensely object to his contract.     

Hey fool. All my posts are still here. I was always against the CC deal. I have said he is nothing more than a glorified platoon player. I said even if he gives us his 2010 season times 7 years, the deal still stinks. I said the deal would cripple us for years to come. It's all still there, unlike your lies and back-tracksYour lies are getting bolder and bolder. You claimed CC would be greatly missed by TB. I said he wouldn't. You want CC to be our leadoff hitter, even now. I have said he shouldnt ever bat leadoff and shouldnt bat higher than 6th vs RHPs and 8th vs RHPs.  Sounds like you "value" him more than me. I have advocated trading himand eating what it takes of his contract. Sounds like I value him more than you? I think not! You want to promote him to leadoff! You! The guy who has roasted Jake for a low OBP wants a guy who has had just one "blip" of a high OBP his whole 10 year career. An OBP (.364) that is still below Jake's now! You bring up jake's OPS vs LHPs, but ignore CC's horrible splits. Get real, clown. You value him way more than I do.

How about those Rays, not going away and everything, upon which you started multiple threads of pontification. 

Unlike you, I am OK with not having to think I need to be perfect to be a man. I thought TB would win 90-92 games. Right now, it looks like I will miss by about 4-5 games. 

It's not surprising that you favor paying Ellsbury 12 to 14M to FA, based upon one season. It's called the Crawford pinciple.   

Lies. Find where I said we should sign him. I have said he will likely walk. I have never said a single word about signing him and never mentioned any dollar amount. You just lie, lie, lie. Show me a quote you clown!

So, your plan is to pay Bellsbury 12 to 14 M and Francouer platooner 8 to 10M for 2012 and 2013. 

You can't stop the lies. I exposed your claim that Francouer makes $5-6M. He is due about $1M from here on out. He has a mutual $4M option for 2012. I never said I wanted him extended. I said he'd be dirt cheap to get and would offer a very capable RH'd bat to platoon for Reddick or Crawford. We'd have Jake and a better offensive RF and all our top prospects. Jeff can play elsewhere next year. Jake can walk after 2 1/3 more seasons, unless we can get more for him than his worth. You have gone on and on about his value never being higher for about 2 1/2 years now. It keeps rising. You misjudged his prime production and based your trade proposals on wishful thinking, faulty understandings of how teams rebuild, and neglect the fact that other teams know he has Bora$$ as an agent. You assume other GMs are as dumb as you. 

My plans is to pay Kemp 20M and Reddick/Kalish virtual zero. 

Your plan is 1.3 years of the headcase Kemp plus 3-4 top prospects and 2.3 years of prime Jake. 

1) LA does not want a Bora$$ FA to be. They'd want cheaper players. that's why it's called a "salary dump" fool.
    2) I have no problem shedding prospects, but not to open one hole to fill another.

Moonslow's Plan: 2012 Crawford 20M Ellsbury 7M Francouer/Reddick0 4M = 31M 2013 Crawford 20M Ellsbury 7M platoon or FA ?  

The Francouer 2012 option is mutual: look up the meaning clown. My 2011 plan is Crawford by default (although, unlike you, I have said we should eat part of his deal and trade him), Ellsbury, Reddick/Francouer. 2012, would be to find a guy like Francouer but better or cheaper.

5M = 32M 2014 Crawford  20M Ellsbury 20M? platton or FA? 5M = 45M  ?  108 M 3 years 2015  Crawford 20M           ?              ?                     My Plan: 2012 Crawford 20M Reddick/Kalish 0 Kemp 20M = 40M 2013 Crawford 20M Reddick/Kalish 0 Kemp 20M = 40M 2014 Crawford 20M Reddick/Kalish  0 Kemp 20M = 40M     120 M 3 years    2015 Crawford 20M Reddick/Kalish 3 Kemp 20M = 43M     Your plan has ? for 2013 and beyond, and pays Ellsbury 12 to 14M to become a FA and which time you give him a Crawford contract or you look elsewhere or just make it up year to year.

My plan is to keep Ells until we get a deal worthy or realistic enough to consider or get the draft picks when he walks. My plan is to keep our best players in their prime, not sell low and watch them tear up the league on another team. My plan was never to sign CC. You want him to lead off. My plan was to not waste money on poor CERA catcher that can only catch 1/5th of the games even now. My plan is to expose your lies and continue to root for the best team in MLB.
    Posted by billbyboy

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Your proposed deal for Kemp is not realistic, just as your deal to SD for AGon was even more unrealistic. 

I'd love Kemp here, but LA would want cheaper options (yop prospects) and I don't think we have the pieces they want.

Your "tabloids" on Jake last year beats "The Enquirer".

I'm not prejudiced against headcases. I want him hear, even though one time he drove by in his truck and I heard rap music blaring misogynist rants from his car stereo.

Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You mean "no pop" Jed?

Keep on digging your deeper hole.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Such Crawford Hate. His ears are burning!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope he proves me wrong, but unlike Jacoby, he has a 10 year career sample size that shows he should be a platoon player who can kill RH'ers only. Yes, he is "in his prime", but on the back side soon.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

BTW, Jitterbug Jake had a 2 run knock tonight to lead the Sox to victory yet again. And open up a 3 game lead on the dreaded Yanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Started by a key two-out single by Tek.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense : Folks, what you are witnessing is split-personality dementia. The individual behind these identities is splintering. Both of these nutcases are of one. Make no mistake. This clown has used similar diversionary tactics to hide from his next ban. It's part act, part psychosis. Both "bettersoftthanlaw" and "Billyboy" are coming off the same keyboard. Bet on it .
    Posted by harness

I'm not so sure....Billy is definitely Softlaw, but I think Better is a parody.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think "parody" is beyond the realm of softy's brain capacity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Softy has already began to realign his position, ever so slowly he will say that HE is the one who said Ellsbury should be star!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I don't know If I wanna jump back into this thread or just keep reading it and laugh. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Laughing? Im so confused CT that im not sure who is who or who's on first! Or is it what's on first?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Started by a key two-out single by Tek.
    Posted by harness
    While the fat MLBPA slacker profile who should never have been extended pitched another great game...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

If Billy apparantly hates "jitter bugs," why not deflect your animosity (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I should use your words, Billy, like vitriol or somehow work captious into a sentence) towards Brett Gardner, a vastly overrated player. He is Ellsbury but without any power whatsoever. While Ells is hitting like Adrian Gonzalez, Gardner is a true jitter bug. So, why not hate on a Yankee rather than a member of your Sox team, that is, if you are even truly a Sox fan, Billy, which I question highly. Gardner matches all of the deficiencies you argue Ellsbury has.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's even gone so far as to praise Gardner, esp his fielding. 

(career .360 OPS in a tradional basher LF position: he barely has 40 extra base hits per 650 PAs, while Jake has a 48 EBH rate per 650 PAs career and is on pace for 65/650 this year.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense : Laughing? Im so confused CT that im not sure who is who or who's on first! Or is it what's on first?
    Posted by promise4you

who's on first??? lol I'm not sure either, I also don't know Hu's the president of China

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Jitterbug Jake is driving the Red Sox offense : who's on first??? lol I'm not sure either, I also don't know Hu's the president of China
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Actually Hu was the president last time I went there, but he was not the first !

Sections
Shortcuts