Jitterbug Jake Jukes & Jives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Jitterbug Jake Jukes & Jives

"Jake" Ellsbury motors to a run scored!

Jake Peavy shows why he is not Dempster.

softy stews, squirms, and prepares for his next goalpost movements.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Jitterbug Jake Jukes & Jives

MVP of the series!

gotta love watching stiffy stew.  

SPIN this stiffy!  :>).   No spin zone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Small sample sizes, but how about these OBPs?

.556 Victorino

.556 Ortiz

.525 Ellsbury

.429 Nava

.375 Middlebrooks

.364 Salty

.364 Gomes

.353 Napoli

(1.000 Bogaerts in 2 PAs)

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Small sample sizes, but how about these OBPs?

.556 Victorino

.556 Ortiz

.525 Ellsbury

.429 Nava

.375 Middlebrooks

.364 Salty

.364 Gomes

.353 Napoli

(1.000 Bogaerts in 2 PAs)

Sox4ever

I want to see more of Bogaerts in the ALCS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Right you are - and on top of that don't forget softy doubled down just a couple of days on how he would never have been dumb enough to sign Peavy. 

This has been a devastating series for the last shreds of softy's credibility all the way around....and we won with pitching on top of all that. 

Great win, very proud of these guys!!! Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Right you are - and on top of that don't forget softy doubled down just a couple of days on how he would never have been dumb enough to sign Peavy. 

This has been a devastating series for the last shreds of softy's credibility all the way around....and we won with pitching on top of all that. 

Great win, very proud of these guys!!! Go Sox!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

thanks Moon.  i was about to start this very thread. 

RSF/Softy is wrong on everything and everyone.  enough of him.

one other thing is for certain....Bora$ lit up one of those expensive cigars last night.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Once again Ellsbury has a lucky postseason series....just like he did back in 207, huh Softy? isn't that right soft man?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

My source garanteed a series win over the Rays. Check.

The author of this thread warned about how great the Rays starting pitching was and she and this Board didn't want to play the pitiful Rays out of this and other unfounded fears.

Peavy didn't make it out of the 6th, left behind, against the most inept offense in MLB. Check.

The other 13M dollar man, collecting dust, could have gone 5.2 and 1 run against the pathetic Rays. Check 

Gotta hand it to the stiff one....   when he finds himself in a hole, he just keeps on digging.

To be proven wrong about 95% of his RS player predictions this year is quite the accomplishment.  As he always does, the stiff one simply reloads & keeps shooting himself in the foot.  Oh so wrong about Ells, he is so desperate to claim some twisted sense of being right about something, he is bitterly clinging to the flawed notion that Peavy's outing was not quite up to par.  I didn't think Peavy's outing was great, but he did the job of the #4 starter, & held a tough Rays team to 1 run in 5.2.  Nice try stiffy.

ANYTHING to get the subject off of Ells' 1.030 OPS with 9 Runs production in this series.

Keep digging stiffy.  It's so much fun watching you squirm :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

The author of this thread warned about how great the Rays starting pitching was and she and this Board didn't want to play the pitiful Rays out of this and other unfounded fears.

Peavy didn't make it out of the 6th, left behind, against the most inept offense in MLB. Check.

The other 13M dollar man, collecting dust, could have gone 5.2 and 1 run against the pathetic Rays. Check 

He only gave up one freakin run!!!!!  Sabathia is making 25 millions dollars and he wouldnt not pitch as good as Peavy last nite!

Quit looking at player's salary!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

For all we know Peavy could have pitched out of the inning and gone one more.  Where would we be today if Doubront or Dempster were pitching?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Giving up 1 run in 5.2 innings to the impotent Rays, the team I called out as the perfect playoff whipping post contender fraud, that's like giving up 4 or 5 runs in 5.2 IP for any of the other teams in the playoffs!!!!!!!

riiiiight, ONLY YOU could not be happy and find a reason to complain today.

I'll ask you again, where would we be today if Doubront or Dempster had pitched???

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Rays were indeed the worthy opponent, beating the Rangers and Indians to get to the ALDS. 

Sox won primarily because they are better--a definite check for redsoxfireman.

Peavy made the best start by a Sox in this ALDS and would have gone longer but Farrell had a dominant Breslow available--minus a check for redsoxfireman.

As for Ellsbury, he hit .500 in four games in the ALDS and more importantly was the same speedster he was without the broken (small break) foot.  He and Victorino are a pretty unique pair in the outfield and in the lineup.  Those two plus Pedroia have WAR's among the 11 best in the AL, and no other team has a comparable threesome.  Speed, hitting, and fielding--Pedey and Vic both deserve gold gloves this year. 

Farrell made several good moves last night with the bullpen--where his timing was exquisite--and with the lineup, inserting both Bogaerts and Ross.  He has managed the Sox egos surpassingly well all season long, but especially last night. 

Maddon also managed well.  When Hellickson imploded in the 2d, loading the bases with no outs, Maddon did not hesitate to go to the bullpen and got a somewhat lucky miracle--a K by Salty and a line drive double play by Drew when Napoli wandered too far off 2B.  Bottom line is the 9 pitchers looked gimmicky but worked to a degree.  The sox had 6 singles but scored 3 because of 8 walks and assorted HBP's and WP's. 

The Sox now get four days off to prepare for the A's/Tigers winner.  Redsoxfireman has guaranteed the Sox will lose to either team, so this drama is by no means over. 

I started a thread complaining the first five games, MLB wide, of the playoffs had been boring because the scores were not close.  Redsoxfireman took umbrage.  But last night and the night before provided games which I thought were anything but boring.  Ditto a number of other playoff games around MLB.  Close, I maintain, is good and makes for exciting watching. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

For all we know Peavy could have pitched out of the inning and gone one more.  Where would we be today if Doubront or Dempster were pitching?

Peavy was chased, with that flat nibbling act that even the Rays were starting to drill. 

Doubront or Dempster and his 13M twin prima donna contract partner to Peavy, and a lot of other medicore starting pitchers would have left with 0-1 runs after 5.2IP and a year's rest against the most impotent offense in all of MLB.

Oh you mean the same Doubront who was fatigued at the end of the year and gave up more runs than innings pitched the entire month of September? or are you talking about the Ryan Dempster who has been our worst starting pitcher all year?

Ok just checking.  I'll say it again.  Only soft ideas can find something to complain about today. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Giving up 1 run in 5.2 innings to the impotent Rays, the team I called out as the perfect playoff whipping post contender fraud, that's like giving up 4 or 5 runs in 5.2 IP for any of the other teams in the playoffs!!!!!!!

Stupid post.  Anibel Sanchez of Detriot just signed big fat contract, and he gave up 6 runs in 4 innings in his last post season start.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

So man Ells sure had a great series huh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And I'm sure Ryan Dempster would have done better all nice and rested up seeing how his career ERA is higher when he gets more than 5 days rest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Oh. That means Lackey and Buch are horrible and Peavey is much better than each of them.

What a stupid hillbilly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The author of this thread also stated I thought we'd beat the Rays.

I gave you credit for breaking your 2,117 straight losing positions streak, but since you were just sharing "inside" information, maybe your streak should remain intact.

Ray with the most "inept offense in MLB"? You have qucikly started your next losing streak.

The Rays were 9th in runs scored in the AL, and they don't play in a hitter's park. They had the 3rd best OBP & 8th best SLG. They had the 6th best road OPS.

Not the worst. Not even close.

Sections
Shortcuts