Joe Girardi's father passed away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Joe Girardi's father passed away

Very sad news.My condolences to Joe,his family and friends.Here's a link to read the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/joe-girardi-father-jerry-dies-age-81-194806679--mlb.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Joe Girardi's father passed away

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Very sad news.My condolences to Joe,his family and friends.Here's a link to read the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/joe-girardi-father-jerry-dies-age-81-194806679--mlb.html

I also would like to send my condolences to the Yankee manager and the entire Girardi family.

For the record, great call by Joe to pitch hit for AROD in the 9th...how many managers would make that move against one of their payroll big guns? I know he's slumping but that move took some guts.

Do the Yanks have a new Mr October now in Ibanez??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Condolences to Joe.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

well, just because....shame on him for not being with his family at a time like this.

and dont tell me he is with his "baseball family" unless you can name 1 player that is on that team that didnt take the highest $$$ contract offered to be there....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

well, just because....shame on him for not being with his family at a time like this.

and dont tell me he is with his "baseball family" unless you can name 1 player that is on that team that didnt take the highest $$$ contract offered to be there....

I don't think this is the time to dump on little joe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

My condolences to him. When is Girardi going to do the funeral after the playoffs are over ?  When does a game take presidence over the death of your father ?  Does Yankee baseball dictate when he mourns? He is a hypocrite as well as that franchise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

My condolences to him. When is Girardi going to do the funeral after the playoffs are over ?  When does a game take presidence over the death of your father ?  Does Yankee baseball dictate when he mourns? He is a hypocrite as well as that franchise.

Are you so filled with hate for the Yankees that you can't express a simple sentiment of sympathy for a person who just lost his Dad?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I don't think it's fair to pass judgment on Gerardi for not being with his family at this time.  Everybody deals with death and mourning the loss of a family member in their own ways. 

Some people feel very strongly about carrying on their normal activities because that's what their loved one would have wanted.  Joe has to do what he feels is right .  He's the one that has to be able to look himself in the mirror everyday.

My condolences to the Girardi family.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Alzheimers is a slow disease and your parent dies very slowly and does not recognize you and that is the hurt. Girardi lost his dad several years ago when this disease started. Stop passing judgement about something that you are not aware of or have not experienced.

Just an excuse for a sore loser to vent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

AL 34 needs to go have a nice bottle of wine and smell the roses. The funeral is Monday - Joe's off day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to pri360's comment:

Are you so filled with hate for the Yankees that you can't express a simple sentiment of sympathy for a person who just lost his Dad?

I did but in the interview this guy is laughing and joking. What is he going to wait until the playoffs are over to wake him and do the funeral. Come on already. Does Baseball mean that much to him, that team can win without him managing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This Al34 is a disgrace to any baseball forum.  Every forum has their idiot.

When my dad passed in 2001  I waked him and had the military funeral. Since when did this take a backseat to baseball. I am surprised at Girardi. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to pri360's comment:

I did with the first sentence which you should have read before you commented.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

My wife was shocked at first that he tried to keep it a secret...Upon reflection, she was more accepting when I talked about how many ballplayers are put in the soap opera media focus with the "win-it-for-Joe's-dad-" theme...My two daughters, 4 and 5 years old, respectively described Girardi as "not a nice man" and "a person who did not go to his daddy's funeral and that is SO bad".  When I explained to my daughter that the funeral is not until Monday, she opined: "That body will not smell nice, dad..."..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Late note, but hope Joe and family are doing well in spite of the loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Joe Girardi's father passed away last Saturday not a couple of days ago. Lets just make sure we play baseball instead of the right thing which is to give your dad a funeral. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

If Joe was off that night that Ibanez pinched hit for ARod then there would have been a fifferent outcome.

Sorry but a week is too long to wait to conduct a funeral for the sake of a baseball game. But we all know Yankee baseball is important and takes priority over everything else, including a funeral.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If Joe was off that night that Ibanez pinched hit for ARod then there would have been a fifferent outcome.

Sorry but a week is too long to wait to conduct a funeral for the sake of a baseball game. But we all know Yankee baseball is important and takes priority over everything else, including a funeral.

AL,  Girardi's father had Alzheimers since the 1990's. He lost him a long time ago. When he passed, his body went where his mind had years before.  He drove to see his father in the facility he was in, every time the NYY played in Chicago.  How you treat someone in life, whether theyre aware of it or not, is what's important, not when they're gone. Regardless, this is a private and family matter and decision. How they chose to handle it is not for others to say or pass judgment. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Joe Girardi's father passed away last Saturday not a couple of days ago. Lets just make sure we play baseball instead of the right thing which is to give your dad a funeral. 

His father had alzheimers, families who experience what Girardi has claim when a family member finally dies after suffering this disease that the loved one has actually died twce.

Your comments show you to be insensitive and quite immature, hopefully you never experience what Girardi is currently dealing with.

You can't know what he is dealing with unless you walk in his shoes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And we all know you are a great war hero which doesn't excuse you from sometimes being a jerk.

Sections
Shortcuts