Joe Girardi's father passed away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Joe Girardi's father passed away

My father passed away in 1999.

I remember when we went to watch Roger Clemen's return to Fenway as a Blue Jay.  Of all teams, Clemens had to go to Toronto. 

My late father was a Blue Jays fan and he told me that the Blue Jays were going to win the AL East since they had Clemens, 1996 Cy Young, Pat Hentgen and Juan Guzman (who had the best ERA in 1996).

Clemens dominated the game and my father was yelling in excitment.  I kindly reminded him that we were in Boston and not Toronto.  LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A little off topic, but during the late 80s and 90s, the Blue Jays would sweep the Red Sox at Fenway, but the Red Sox would sweep the Jays in Toronto. 

From the late 80s to mid 90s, Boston's arch rival was the Blue Jays.

In 1986, Clemen's first loss came against the Blue Jays in Fenway.  I think Clemens started the 1986 season at 14-0 or was it 13-0? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And we all know you are a great war hero which doesn't excuse you from sometimes being a jerk.

[/QUOTE]

Cut the appeasement about the war hero. It was sarcastic like you are. whats right is right. The man has been deceased over a week now, but lets play ball instead of doing the right thing. I have watched Girardi on interviews and he can be arrogant and condesending as well, but what he did here was not righteous or religious in any way at all. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And we all know you are a great war hero which doesn't excuse you from sometimes being a jerk.

[/QUOTE]

Cut the appeasement about the war hero. It was sarcastic like you are. whats right is right. The man has been deceased over a week now, but lets play ball instead of doing the right thing. I have watched Girardi on interviews and he can be arrogant and condesending as well, but what he did here was not righteous or religious in any way at all. 

[/QUOTE]

I did have it right. Your rectum and mouth reversed in the womb.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are something else Pop's.

Keep your garbage tongue in your mouth.  Try to enjoy the ALCS.

It's actually a wonderful series to date.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

I've come to respect little joe as a manager. He has shown the ability to make the difficult calls in this series. Today he will put his Dad to rest and I can only imagine how that must feel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

go fight in Iraq ahol€  for a tour and by the way you are welcome for your freedom. Maybe you should go fight instead of hiding behind a forum. I think someone like me can give an opinion because I believe I eRned the right to do that. Sorry if you disagree but being Italian we conduct a wake and a funeral quicly not wait a week not play 6 baseball games first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A tough week for Girardi.

Your team is down 2-0, you lose Jeter for the season, you get ejected for a blown call by the umpire on your birthday, and then you attend your late father's funeral. 

Damn,......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

go fight in Iraq ahol€  for a tour and by the way you are welcome for your freedom. Maybe you should go fight instead of hiding behind a forum. I think someone like me can give an opinion because I believe I eRned the right to do that. Sorry if you disagree but being Italian we conduct a wake and a funeral quicly not wait a week not play 6 baseball games first.

[/QUOTE]

How you have lived your life, what you have done in the past gives you no right to judge how another choses to grieve his father.

Losing your Dad is a very personal experience which on an indivual basis is no other's business but your own, we all have had different life experiences.

I lost mine three weeks ago.He was a vet too, WWII and D-Day, and helluva lot more compassionate about the plight of others then you appear to be.

Spending time in the military certainly has not rewarded you with great intellect or sensitivity toward your fellow man. Too bad.

Trying to put it a better way then just saying you're talking out your azz as hard as it is to do in less words.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How you have lived your life, what you have done in the past gives you no right to judge how another choses to grieve his father.

Losing your Dad is a very personal experience which on an indivual basis is no other's business but your own, we all have had different life experiences.

I lost mine three weeks ago.He was a vet too, WWII and D-Day, and helluva lot more compassionate about the plight of others then you appear to be.

Spending time in the military certainly has not rewarded you with great intellect or sensitivity toward your fellow man. Too bad.

Trying to put it a better way then just saying you're talking out your azz as hard as it is to do in less words.

[/QUOTE]

Very sorry to hear about your Dad.

I thought he had passed several years ago when you posted "the grandkids are taking it the hardest".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

there is no doubt baseball and the NYY dictated the day of his father's funeral and to wait for burial until an "off day".  to think or say otherwise is silly.  who keeps a body above ground for an ENTIRE WEEK????  that's right - nobody.  this is a slap in the rotting face of girardi's father.  joe should be ashamed and feel the guilt for the rest of his life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there is no doubt baseball and the NYY dictated the day of his father's funeral and to wait for burial until an "off day".  to think or say otherwise is silly.  who keeps a body above ground for an ENTIRE WEEK????  that's right - nobody.  this is a slap in the rotting face of girardi's father.  joe should be ashamed and feel the guilt for the rest of his life.

[/QUOTE]I can't fault little joe on this one and I wish fans could leave it alone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you buddy?

Miss your game analysis and historical references.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

wow

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man ItWasMe  .... are you in the Giardai family? A) He died, so whatever. I am not affected. B) There is nothing religeous about holding off a funeral for a ball game. 

Drop the war hero bologna as nobody here is attacking or questioning that valor.

Man what a way to take a simple "dad passed away" thread and get all amped up for what?

[/QUOTE]   

no comment

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I deleted my post before you posted... It was wrong of me.... I'd appreciate if you can edit it out of your "quote".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

I deleted my post before you posted... It was wrong of me.... I'd appreciate if you can edit it out of your "quote".

[/QUOTE] No problem. You owe me one pal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I said delete my post, not your response.... oh well... who really cares what any of us have to say

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

King Norodom Sihanouk will lie in state for 3 months.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anna Nicole Smith waited a while. I think James brown did, too.

[/QUOTE]

gov't / police enforced autopsies are different.  there's a reason why they need them above ground longer.  baseball game?  not so much.

joe should be ashamed and live with the guilt of his rotting dad forever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

I said delete my post, not your response.... oh well... who really cares what any of us have to say

[/QUOTE] I deleted your most hurtful sentence along with my response to it.

It's not often that I try to spare TWM's feelings.

After all he is just an old man still pounding the pavement for a cable co.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you might be right about that

I mean the sox or should I say the pesky family

waited 10 days

kinda sic that you brought us here

so who ''slapped his rotting face an should feel ashamed & guilty for the rest of his life''

TWM sorry 4 your loss

[/QUOTE] 

"sox or should I say the pesky family waited 10 days"

That made all the sense in the world.

They wanted to give the busy sox players time to fit it in their social calender.

Make certain it didn't conflict with the Beckett Bowl.

It worked.

A few were able to re-schedule.