Joe Madden says he's "really looking forward to game five" at Boston.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Joe Madden says he's "really looking forward to game five" at Boston.

Funny. Even if I thought that as Madden, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Joe Madden says he's

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Funny. Even if I thought that as Madden, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about it.

He's goofier than I thought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

At any rate, it would behoove the Sox to win one of the next two games. No drama.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Manager talk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Madden didn't want to give any credit to the Sox---said it was the "quirky start" & I'm sure it was the double behind Longria who played in to stop the bunt and might have caught it. What he really infered is we got a lot of lucky breaks. He only gave credit to Ortiz. Look, last night, had Meyers caught that ball & we didn't score 5, had the game continued as it did, we'd won 7-2 instead of 12-2.  Amen.

Madden, we're looking forward to game 3. OK, got to root for A's...I want Sox out here to watch some games & hope to drive to tinsel town too to watch us beat the Dodgers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Madden didn't want to give any credit to the Sox---said it was the "quirky start" & I'm sure it was the double behind Longria who played in to stop the bunt and might have caught it. What he really infered is we got a lot of lucky breaks. He only gave credit to Ortiz. Look, last night, had Meyers caught that ball & we didn't score 5, had the game continued as it did, we'd won 7-2 instead of 12-2.  Amen.

Madden, we're looking forward to game 3. OK, got to root for A's...I want Sox out here to watch some games & hope to drive to tinsel town too to watch us beat the Dodgers.

Agreed. I noticed that too. That stupid smug attitude is part of why I cant stand him. Just how many championships exactly has he won as a manager? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

The guy was sitting there on national TV saying that Price was pitching a good game. Price got destroyed.

Madden is an unreliable narrator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The truth is, the fact that hes down 0-2 is KILLING him, and he cant hide his contempt for the whole thing. Hence the grandios statements. They expected Boston to bow down to the mighty pitchers like Texas and Cleveland did. No dice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I can't wait to finish them off!!!!

After that, who cares what they say

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

I can't wait to finish them off!!!!

After that, who cares what they say

+1

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah I got the NESN + (or 2) Post game show - very cool they still do that for us..........lots of interviews......PEDEY IS ON NOW!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Man, Pedey is commenting on Madden's comments

Someone asked him

He said Madden SHOULD say that there will be a G5

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why leave in Price after 6 runs 8 hits ? Crazy. Yup, I know Price got 5 outs in a row but what if Ortiz' HR was a game decider & we won by 1 run. If Ortiz did not hit it and we went on to win 6-4, would Madden be happy that Price got a complete game for Tampa in a loss. If so, good for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to tampa2013's comment:

[QUOTE]

J-Bay just said the exact same words on the gamethread. Do you get NESN+ also out there in Illinois?

[/QUOTE]

Im in Indiana, but I dont have NESN. I watch the games on mlbtv during the summer. I could get NESN if I paid a lot more for a bigger sports package.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I googled " Goofey Genius" and  get nothing.

As expected.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why leave in Price after 6 runs 8 hits ? Crazy. Yup, I know Price got 5 outs in a row but what if Ortiz' HR was a game decider & we won by 1 run. If Ortiz did not hit it and we went on to win 6-4, would Madden be happy that Price got a complete game for Tampa in a loss. If so, good for him.

Right - the good part for us, I think is that he throw an extra 20 pitches tonight than was necessary and that will reduce what he has left for later in the series.  In the end it was stupid but it shows you (1) how desperate Madden was for the win tonight and (2) how much he does not trust his bull pen

Madden is about to have a hot dish of crow served to him around 10:15 monday night....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

Right - the good part for us, I think is that he throw an extra 20 pitches tonight than was necessary and that will reduce what he has left for later in the series.  In the end it was stupid but it shows you (1) how desperate Madden was for the win tonight and (2) how much he does not trust his bull pen

Madden is about to have a hot dish of crow served to him around 10:15 monday night....

[/QUOTE]

Dick Vitale too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

J-Bay just said the exact same words on the gamethread. Do you get NESN+ also out there in Illinois?

Im in Indiana, but I dont have NESN. I watch the games on mlbtv during the summer. I could get NESN if I paid a lot more for a bigger sports package.

TAMPA2013 is pike, exam

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

who invented this term " Goofy Genius"?

That would be ME my friend. It was a creation out of my twisted mind alone, and its spreading like wildfire.

Sections
Shortcuts