Joe Madden says he's "really looking forward to game five" at Boston.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Joe Madden says he's

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to tampa2013's comment:

[QUOTE]

It figures that Examiner likes Rusty.

Wait a second....how could you know who I am?  Are you a sheepish Bustchise? Oh my.

There is no way you would know who I am unless you were a frequent visitor of the Pats board as a jealous fan from NY/NJ.

Hmm.

[/QUOTE]

It wouldnt surprise me. Pike gets around. He frequents every kind of sports forum trying to catch one of us, and even trying to find our real life identities and post them online. Hes a sicko. 

[/QUOTE]

Been there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's easy to be a good manager when things are working out for you.

But no one is talking about how he got desperate and was out-managed to the point where he used his back-up catcher in the lead-off hole.  I think that was the nail in the coffin in terms of managerial moves IMO.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Doesn't only ONE team win a championship out of 30 teams every year?

No, ONE team wins a championship for every 30 of your monikers. Get with the program pike.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

But no one is talking about how he got desperate and was out-managed to the point where he used his back-up catcher in the lead-off hole.  I think that was the nail in the coffin in terms of managerial moves IMO.......

I definitely thought Molina should have started game 1, but guess what?  He caught Price last night and together they gave up 7 earned runs, plus Molina helped Ellsbury score the first run. 

I am willing to concede Joe Maddon is a good manager, but I am not willing to concede he transforms his players/teams into winners.  Their GM does a good job too.  And the best managers get whipped, even whipped badly, when their players don't perform.  Last night he left Price in until he had given up 7 earned runs.  On the surface, that seems stupid, but in the context of the game, it made sense because his bullpen and that great and because Price actually improved as the game went along.

A recent article on Maddon says he has always been relentlessly upbeat.  Plus I take him at his word he would like to come back to Boston in October.  Who wouldn't when their home base is freaking Tampa, for crying out loud?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

who invented this term " Goofy Genius"?

That would be ME my friend. It was a creation out of my twisted mind alone, and its spreading like wildfire.

PD....."we're looking forward to game 3".....LOL

Ortiz..."what else can you say"  

Jbay, is that what PD said in response to what Madden said? If so, that perfectly embodies the attitude of this team, and why theyve been successful.

Yes, exam. Post game

When Ortiz was interviewed, he asked if thet was all, said "OK TIME TO PARTY!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Andrew Freeman can run circles around Brian Cashman 24/7........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Maddon is a new school manager in terms of using the latest research when making some managerial decisions.  Good for him. 

However,  he tends to go overboard.  IMO, he is way too concerned about showing the baseball world what a genius he is and not focused enough on letting the team just play the game.

Thinking outside the box is one thing.  Micromanaging is another.  Maddon needs to realize that the game is not about him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

World Series trophies and Division Championships are often a matter of luck and having a hot team at the right time. Right now the Red Sox are hot.  Nobody saw this coming.  Post season is a matter of seeing which team is firing on all cylinders at the right time.

======================================

Live on the coast...8 am here...many beers last night in Sports Bar watching A's win and want them to win so I can go to Sox games here with my Boston Strong t-shirt & "B" on my cap. Then will drive to tinsel town to watch us beat Dodgers. At least 25% of fans here are Sox expats & some will fly out as they did when Sox played SF Giants. In Tampa I would guess that 35-40% are Sox fans.

Anyway, regarding Sox are hot now. We lost last 2 to Baltimore and although games didn't matter, we wanted to win to keep up momentum plus I hate that team more than the Rays & Yankees. Tampa played possible series ending games in NY, won 3, Toronto( lost first 2 but won the critical last 1 or it would have been Sayonara) and then 1 each in Texas & Cleveland. These were all away games. I would say that Tampa was hot !!! And to be honest I was a bit fearful of Moore & Price & I'm grateful we won & now going into that stadium I hate, although confident, I know the Rays can come back. Yesterday a key hit could have tied that game but Pedroia's defense & 2 DPs were awesome & then we had a 3rd. So, we deserved to win the game despite Madden infering it was the "quirky plays" at first part of game that helped us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

======================================

Madden infering it was the "quirky plays" at first part of game that helped us.

it take's one, to know oneTongue Out

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

To really get a sense of the difference in these two organizations I would suggest listening to a RAYS radio broadcast then compare it to a red sox radio broadcast of the same sox, rays game. It is like night and day. The rays team sound like two spoiled children who can't get their way. They constantly berate sox players and lash out at the organization as a whole accusing them of buying success etc. they act as if they are entitled because they do so well with a smaller payroll as if they wouldn't spend more if they had it, and accuse the sox of being arrogant and egotistical when they have the president of that club as their manager. They even went as far as to say they were soon approaching a time when they would be referring to fenway as "tropicana" north...only problem with that is they don't have any fans at their southern home field. I can't wait to see this team of snake oil salesman and wishful thinkers finally see their season end and quiet them and their 25.5 fans once and for all. By the way, 22 of those fans know absolutlely nothing about baseball but can sure ring a mean cowbell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The "hardware" is a trophy for winning the WS. Only one team outof 30 wins the WS. That alone is not a measure of success.  I would rather look at wins and losses per $$$ spent on the roster. Isn't that more reasonable than justing looking at the "hardware"?

That is not reasonable the Houston Astro would have performed admirely this season. How about baseball forces teams to spend all of the revenue sharing and force a salary floor on top of that. You realize TB gets tons of dough from its TV contracts? Small payrolls only exisit when owners want to punish cities. Like they are trying to do with St Petersburg to allow them to move to Montreal.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The "hardware" is a trophy for winning the WS. Only one team outof 30 wins the WS. That alone is not a measure of success.  I would rather look at wins and losses per $$$ spent on the roster. Isn't that more reasonable than justing looking at the "hardware"?

That is not reasonable the Houston Astro would have performed admirely this season. How about baseball forces teams to spend all of the revenue sharing and force a salary floor on top of that. You realize TB gets tons of dough from its TV contracts? Small payrolls only exisit when owners want to punish cities. Like they are trying to do with St Petersburg to allow them to move to Montreal.

I was trying to state that it is myopic to measure success entirely on the number of trophies that your team has won. The Red Sox have zero trophies from 1919 to 2003. Yet many of their teams were very successful in the minds of many of their fans.

BSjoe, tampa2013 is PIKE, pretending to be a Rays fan, ironically, as the king of calling out the pretenders,  so not to get banned...again 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

To really get a sense of the difference in these two organizations I would suggest listening to a RAYS radio broadcast then compare it to a red sox radio broadcast of the same sox, rays game. It is like night and day. The rays team sound like two spoiled children who can't get their way. They constantly berate sox players and lash out at the organization as a whole accusing them of buying success etc. they act as if they are entitled because they do so well with a smaller payroll as if they wouldn't spend more if they had it, and accuse the sox of being arrogant and egotistical when they have the president of that club as their manager. They even went as far as to say they were soon approaching a time when they would be referring to fenway as "tropicana" north...only problem with that is they don't have any fans at their southern home field. I can't wait to see this team of snake oil salesman and wishful thinkers finally see their season end and quiet them and their 25.5 fans once and for all. By the way, 22 of those fans know absolutlely nothing about baseball but can sure ring a mean cowbell.

Tropicana North?  I think that sums up all you need to know.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Bragging about calling Maddon a " Goofey Genius" that is going viral sound like something that a teenager would say. How old are you?

You do know you can't find it by Google because you can't spell "goofy," right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Maddon: "We got 'out-Fenwayed' tonight"

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?vid=631fa150-f7bb-4099-8931-a97c6ebb1dc8

Sorry, I did not know how to highlight the link. Highlight it with your mouse & then click on open link or you can copy & paste it into Google. Sorry, I'm not computer savvy.

Many of you probably saw this video but I include it for those that missed it. He says Ortiz doesn't normally hit HRs against Price rather than giving Ortiz credit & then said Price had good stuff( 6 runs 9hits ...hmmm??? what's he smoking?). Yup, we won because of "quirky things". Boston is pretty this time of the year and he wants to return for game 5. I guess he could get a ticket to watch us play the A's or Tigers if we go to 5 games against either of those (HA!).

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was trying to state that it is myopic to measure success entirely on the number of trophies that your team has won. The Red Sox have zero trophies from 1919 to 2003. Yet many of their teams were very successful in the minds of many of their fans.

[/QUOTE]

The Rays won't be successful until they are let out of St Pete. TB is motivated not to win only to be able to relocate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

World Series trophies and Division Championships are often a matter of luck and having a hot team at the right time. Right now the Red Sox are hot.  Nobody saw this coming.  Post season is a matter of seeing which team is firing on all cylinders at the right time.

The Rays finished the season 8-2...Is that not hot? Cleveland won their last 10 or 11. Is that not hot? The Red Sox were 5-5...

You truly have no clue. Im sure you will be banned before the weekends over. Again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

He says Ortiz doesn't normally hit HRs against Price rather than giving Ortiz credit & then said Price had good stuff( 6 runs 9hits ...hmmm??? what's he smoking?). Yup, we won because of "quirky things". Boston is pretty this time of the year and he wants to return for game 5. I guess he could get a ticket to watch us play the A's or Tigers if we go to 5 games against either of those (HA!).

The Sox did get some "quirky" breaks in these games, but these "quirky" things were due to poor play and mental lapses on the part of the Rays players.  It's not like any of the breaks that the Sox received were out of the Rays control, like a bad call by the umpire. 

Myers' flub, Moore not covering first base quickly enough, misplays off the green monster, Price not adjusting to the Sox batters' approach to him, etc. were all things that were the fault of the Rays players.  The Sox players took advantage of those things with some great hustle, great baserunning, and great at bats.

Bottom line - the Sox have outplayed the Rays in the first two games in pitching, hitting, defense, and baserunning no matter what Maddon wants to say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BSjoe, tampa2013 is PIKE, pretending to be a Rays fan, ironically, as the king of calling out the pretenders,  so not to get banned...again 

Too late. Hes been banned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Too late. Hes been banned.

[/QUOTE]

better late, than neverLaughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Maddon: "We got 'out-Fenwayed' tonight"

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?vid=631fa150-f7bb-4099-8931-a97c6ebb1dc8

Sorry, I did not know how to highlight the link. Highlight it with your mouse & then click on open link or you can copy & paste it into Google. Sorry, I'm not computer savvy.

Many of you probably saw this video but I include it for those that missed it. He says Ortiz doesn't normally hit HRs against Price rather than giving Ortiz credit & then said Price had good stuff( 6 runs 9hits ...hmmm??? what's he smoking?). Yup, we won because of "quirky things". Boston is pretty this time of the year and he wants to return for game 5. I guess he could get a ticket to watch us play the A's or Tigers if we go to 5 games against either of those (HA!).

Yes, and hes going to get "out Tropicana'd" Monday night when someone from the Sox homers into 162 landing.

Sections
Shortcuts