Joe Maddon...Not so funny anymore.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Joe Maddon...Not so funny anymore.

Looks like we won't be hearing so many of those "touchy-feely" feel good stories about Maddon and his cute little theme trips to keep the guys loose during the long season.  Nothing like losing 14 games in two weeks to take all the joy out of "dress in drag" week, dress like a cowboy day, use your Dad's old after shave week (otherwise known as "aroma counts").  Haha Joe, how about you focus on your job for a change?  That is, unless your goal in life is to be an entertainment director on a cruise ship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Joe Maddon...Not so funny anymore.

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like we won't be hearing so many of those "touchy-feely" feel good stories about Maddon and his cute little theme trips to keep the guys loose during the long season.  Nothing like losing 14 games in two weeks to take all the joy out of "dress in drag" week, dress like a cowboy day, use your Dad's old after shave week (otherwise known as "aroma counts").  Haha Joe, how about you focus on your job for a change?  That is, unless your goal in life is to be an entertainment director on a cruise ship.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Aroma Counts thing was perplexing.  I was like "am I the only one who thinks this is stupid"?  while the interviewer (Joe Buck?) was like in awe of his genius.  truly an upside down world.  next thing you know Cashman will actually realize that farm systems are important. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Sox have plenty of their own issues at the moment to be worried about Maddon. Maddon is kind of ridiculous but I'd argue our Rays rivalry has been more interesting and compelling than our Yankees rivalry the last few years. He's kooky and a pain but I respect him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

more interesting?  yes

respect?  no

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

When was Maddon ever funny? Funny looking? yes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your post would sit a lot better if we were in first place and not just in front of the rays in the standings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Are you insulting that Goofy Genius, or intimating that he does not know EXACTLY what he's doing? You'll be laughing out your other sleeve when his team takes off and leaves the ALE in their dust! The Goofy Genius rewards loyalty, and his rewards for loyalty are LAVISH. His rewards for disloyalty are equally-------LAVISH. Watch your back my friend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your post would sit a lot better if we were in first place and not just in front of the rays in the standings

[/QUOTE]

I find that it's best to take your blessings where you can find them and right now watching Maddon and his Rays circle the drain is the best part of this season, regardless of where we are.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I find that it's best to take your blessings where you can find them and right now watching Maddon and his Rays circle the drain is the best part of this season, regardless of where we are.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Sox, yankees and rays will all most likely be watching the playoffs from the mansions this season.  Giants going for 3 in 5 - that's the real story here. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

That Goofy Genius is going to make you pay for this thread, he will get you ALL for this. I wash my hands of this thread, I won't be one of the foolish ones that became disloyal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I hear his next jolly gag to keep the guys loose is "design a voodoo doll of anyone in the A.L. east and then start "sticking" it to your opponents" week. 

Sections
Shortcuts