Joe the show has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Joe the show has to go

Joe (i think i'm the show) West has to go. this guys is an unbelievably bad umpire, some of the pitches he called balls last nite were right down the middle then he calls a foul ball on a twins batter that never came close to making contact and when Gardenhire comes out to argue he throws him out! lol this guys a freakin joke. Hey Joe, how do you call something that never happened the ball never hit the bat haha idiotWink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Joe the show has to go

In Response to Joe the show has to go:
    [QUOTE]Joe (i think i'm the show) West has to go. this guys is an unbelievably bad umpire, some of the pitches he called balls last nite were right down the middle then he calls a foul ball on a twins batter that never came close to making contact and when Gardenhire comes out to argue he throws him out! lol this guys a freakin joke. Hey Joe, how do you call something that never happened the ball never hit the bat haha idiot
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

agreed.  Mr. West is my least favorite umpire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

SPEAKING OF UMPIRES, HERNADEZ AGAIN CALLED A BALK ON ACEVES. I SAW THE REPLAY A FEW TIMES AND STILL DIDNT SEE A BALK. AT LEAST THIS TIME AROUND, TITO GOT AN EXPLAINATION.
    AS FAR AS WEST, HE WENT TO A BAR IN BOSTON FRIDAY NIGHT AND GOT BOOED OUT OF THE PLACE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm with you "J"! I've seen this jamoke make some pretty bad calls. I wonder if Joe Torre has any power with the men in blue?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The only good thing to be said about Joe West is that the best I can tell fans of every team hate the guy which means he is a equal opportunity azz-hole.

I do think he has pretty good command of the strike zone however, whatever version of KZones you see on TV seem to back-up almost all of his close calls as balls or strikes.

And while I can't argue that Joe makes himself to much the center of attention and in fact escalates issues like he did with Tito the other day, he was spot on with Gardenhire. Whether Joe had that call right or wrong, it was a strike and managers can't come out to argue balls and strikes. He did not immediately throw Gardenhire out and he did not as West often does go to confront Gardenhire.

Instead he held his position and warned Gardenhire if he stepped off the grass and into the batting area that he would toss him. Gardenhire proceeded and the warning was acted upon.

As a RS fan I frankly would have been pretty upset if the rules were broken for Gardenhire, as it was West was trying to bend them by warning Gardenhire first. The no dispute of balls and strikes rule after all is in place to avoid delays in the game. Gardenhire was delaying the game the second he walked out of his dugout.

I am no fan of Joe West's but last night he was not being Joe the Show. Wish Angel could explain what a balk is in his view because I just do not get it...

Just my takes 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Instead of calling the game, Hernadez and West feel a need to make themselves a part of it. The two of them on the same crew should be avoided at all costs.  West did give gardy a warning not to come out and did anyway, so he deserved to go. tito came out for an explaination and didnt get one which is why he got hot and tossed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Joe the show has to go:
    [QUOTE]Joe (i think i'm the show) West has to go. this guys is an unbelievably bad umpire, some of the pitches he called balls last nite were right down the middle then he calls a foul ball on a twins batter that never came close to making contact and when Gardenhire comes out to argue he throws him out! lol this guys a freakin joke. Hey Joe, how do you call something that never happened the ball never hit the bat haha idiot
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

It's called tenure and another one of the great things about unions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

J-Bay my understanding was that Tito could not come out and argue the balk as it was a form of balls and strikes. He knew that and said as much and that he was willing to get tossed to get an explanation. What set him off was West would not let him talk to Hernandez to get that explanation which Tito felt he had paid for via his automatic erjection.   

Last night Angel signaled to Tito to come out so he could explain why he made the balk call...kind of classy on Angels part IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Joe the show has to go:
    [QUOTE]The only good thing to be said about Joe West is that the best I can tell fans of every team hate the guy which means he is a equal opportunity azz-hole. I do think he has pretty good command of the strike zone however, whatever version of KZones you see on TV seem to back-up almost all of his close calls as balls or strikes. And while I can't argue that Joe makes himself to much the center of attention and in fact escalates issues like he did with Tito the other day, he was spot on with Gardenhire. Whether Joe had that call right or wrong, it was a strike and managers can't come out to argue balls and strikes. He did not immediately throw Gardenhire out and he did not as West often does go to confront Gardenhire. Instead he held his position and warned Gardenhire if he stepped off the grass and into the batting area that he would toss him. Gardenhire proceeded and the warning was acted upon. As a RS fan I frankly would have been pretty upset if the rules were broken for Gardenhire, as it was West was trying to bend them by warning Gardenhire first. The no dispute of balls and strikes rule after all is in place to avoid delays in the game. Gardenhire was delaying the game the second he walked out of his dugout. I am no fan of Joe West's but last night he was not being Joe the Show. Wish Angel could explain what a balk is in his view because I just do not get it... Just my takes 
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

He wasn't very good last night. Even Eckersly was driven to utter a "C'mon" by late in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Not just West, but I think the umpiring overall has been on a decline the last few years.
    Perhaps it's the graphics of the pitch zones, which tend to inflame rather than inform, and certainly instant replay getting it's foot in the door doesn't help.
    Umpires are supposed to arbiters for the judgement calls out/safe, fair/foul/, ball/strike, and for enforcing the rules of the game. They should be as invisible as possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

5katz-you're right, can't argue balks. tito knew he was going either way, got fired up when he couldn't get an explaination. said afterward he didnt appreciate the way west handled it and would wait to hear his fate. looked like terry was getting hot last night also, but refrained.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Not just West, but I think the umpiring overall has been on a decline the last few years. Perhaps it's the graphics of the pitch zones, which tend to inflame rather than inform, and certainly instant replay getting it's foot in the door doesn't help. Umpires are supposed to arbiters for the judgement calls out/safe, fair/foul/, ball/strike, and for enforcing the rules of the game. They should be as invisible as possible.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]I am under the opinion that the umpires became more aggressive after the Roberto Alomar spitting incident where MLB came back with such a weak response.

And you make a good point about replay highlighting close plays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe the show has to go : I am under the opinion that the umpires became more aggressive after the Roberto Alomar spitting incident where MLB came back with such a weak response. And you make a good point about replay highlighting close plays.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I'm on the board these days for one thing only; to read your posts (& a couple of others).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm not sure I buy the umpire declining stuff, but do agree that technology is constantly making them look bad, especially calling balls and strikes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe the show has to go : I'm on the board these days for one thing only; to read your posts (& a couple of others).
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

nice to see you post steve, even its to say you only read;) things have calmed down substantially so you may want to think about returning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im not a fan of West or Hernandez, but last night West gave Gardy a warning and Angel did do the right thing in calling tito out there to explain his position on the balk...But for all of you music fans....

http://www.cowboyjoewest.com/Diamond_Dreams.mp3

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

there is no reason in this day and age why electronic umpiring cant be a reality...set up a gps sattelite in the sky and fix its dimensions...for nostalgia we can have a homeplate ump behind the plate for time outs and such...i never thought that bad calls had to be a part of the game

every glove and every base can be set this way....think how much easier it would make things (and probably shorten games by 15-20 minutes a game)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goffoli. Show goffoli's posts

Red Sox fan living north of Tampa, pulled the same crap last week during Rays game.He needs to be tested for drugs and alcohol.Dont give me that Cowboy Joe crap he is a poor umpire and is very combative. Whats funny is MLB dosent see this!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Another favorite of mine from Good 'ol Joe west...

http://www.cowboyjoewest.com/A_Piece_of_History_Everyday.mp3

Sections
Shortcuts