Joebreidey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Joeybreidey

100% Correct...AS ALWAYS

Georom4 < JoeyBreidy

This was going to be my new tagline but where the heck did it go? Oh well....enjoy the parade brother! 

SOX 2014!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Joebreidey

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

100% Correct...AS ALWAYS

Georom4 < JoeyBreidy

This was going to be my new tagline but where the heck did it go? Oh well....enjoy the parade brother! 

SOX 2014!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Why on earth would you post an untruth as your tag line? Its a well known fact that the only poster here who is right 100% of the time is.................................Pumpsie Green.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

100% Correct...AS ALWAYS

Georom4 < JoeyBreidy

SOX 2014!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ouch, now that will put undue pressure on me to be right in 2014, or else I will have to reciprocate.  Just like with the players, and management, and real life in general, winning sweeps away a lot of differences.

Looking forward to 2014, with or without our differences.  Same with that guy named Pumpsie, and his #5 SP in Lester, and his #5, at best, in Doubront, who, by the way, is my 2014 sleeper.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

100% Correct...AS ALWAYS

Georom4 < JoeyBreidy

SOX 2014!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ouch, now that will put undue pressure on me to be right in 2014, or else I will have to reciprocate.  Just like with the players, and management, and real life in general, winning sweeps away a lot of differences.

Looking forward to 2014, with or without our differences.  Same with that guy named Pumpsie, and his #5 SP in Lester, and his #5, at best, in Doubront, who, by the way, is my 2014 sleeper.

[/QUOTE]

no pressure..because????? 100% Correct...AS ALWAYS...it's all good!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

100% Correct...AS ALWAYS

Georom4 < JoeyBreidy

[/QUOTE]

JoeyB knows what he is talking about.

JoeyB is the man.

'Nuff said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

At least JoeB believes

Geo doubts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least JoeB believes

Geo doubts

[/QUOTE]

the reality is that the bet was a friendly one....like almost everyone on this board we figured .500 was a decent turnaround season...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least JoeB believes

Geo doubts

[/QUOTE]

the reality is that the bet was a friendly one....like almost everyone on this board we figured .500 was a decent turnaround season...

[/QUOTE]

The past is the past, but I have no idea how the numbers pointed towards that.  We figured to finish 1st or 2nd in scoring.  That's almost never a .500 team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In predicting how well the team would do in 2013 one would have to predict if Lackey would blossom after TJ surgery, if Lester would return to form after an off year, if Papi would recover from his heel problem, if Buchholz would pitch better than last year, if Victorino would have a great year, and many other guesses.  It would require a very good crystal ball to be right.. Of course the pessimists would be doubtful and the optimists would be hopeful.  Some fans enjoy being miserable while others are more exuberant in their blind fandom.

[/QUOTE]

With BobbyV gone and assuming an 'average' number of injuries, the Sox were already in the 85 win range.  Throw in a couple of good breaks, and that pushes the wins up to 90.

Did I foresee this team winning 97 games?  No.   But many of us did foresee this team being serious contenders for a playoff spot.  That's the first goal.  Make the playoffs.  Once you get there, anything can happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In predicting how well the team would do in 2013 one would have to predict if Lackey would blossom after TJ surgery, if Lester would return to form after an off year, if Papi would recover from his heel problem, if Buchholz would pitch better than last year, if Victorino would have a great year, and many other guesses.  It would require a very good crystal ball to be right.. Of course the pessimists would be doubtful and the optimists would be hopeful.  Some fans enjoy being miserable while others are more exuberant in their blind fandom.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt this was probably as tough a team to predict as any.  I don't think anyone knows if Valentine caused 5 losses, or 15.  He was probably the worst tactical manager in BB, but the downside to that is probably 5 losses.  But he was so disruptive to the team with his daily press conferences, there is no way to assess how much that causes in terms of concentration.

But past adding up numbers, we were still 53-51 at the end of July, and BV had already picked a fight with most of the team at that point.

Sections
Shortcuts