Joel Hanrahan - What Will His Role Be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Joel Hanrahan - What Will His Role Be?

What are everyone's thoughts on Hanrahan's role? Tazawa, Uehara and Bailey seem to be the 7th to 9th inning guys. 

Thoughts? His rehab start last night was no different that how he pitched before he went on the DL.  Straight fastball.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Joel Hanrahan - What Will His Role Be?

Probably closer with a short leash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

If Drew picks it up, Joel can become the official scapegoat.  ADG has got to have something to post about if the team plays well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

He won't lose the Closer role to injury I don't think. But he can lose it to performance (bad performance).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Having two or three possible closers can never be bad. I believe having several who can shut down a team in any inning is very very good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'm rarely / never in favour of a player losing his place due to injury.....but while he was appointed closer over the winter, it was a marginal decision IMO given Bailey was around and presumably / hopefully going to return to his (outstanding) best.

I'd leave Bailey closing as long as he continues to perform as well has he has, and Hanrahan can be part of the set up mix.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Another thing that I could see happening is that Hanrahan comes back, does well, Bailey still might get some Save Ops if they're too close together. I wouldn't call it Closer-by-Committee. Closer-by-partnership or ... Closer-by-Duality.. maybe?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

If the team keeps winning, especially winning close games, Bailey can't close them all.  Hanrahan will then get his shot again if he performs well in a setup role beforehand.