Joey Votto signs extention

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Joey Votto signs extention

10 years, $225M on top of his 2 years remaining on his current deal.. He's now under contract for the next 12 years for $251.5M.

What are the Reds thinking?  It doesn't look like he could have gotten much more on the open market and the Reds had him locked up for the next 2 years already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: Joey Votto signs extention

Aaron Cooke had another outing today. His line was 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 ER, 1 BB,  2 SO, and his ERA is now 1.88. Do you think that the Sox should add him to the roster. Padilla, Melancon. and Morales did very well also. Ciriaco is hiiting .429, Spears .304, and McDonald .472. Lots of tough decisions to be made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Joey Votto signs extention:
    [QUOTE]10 years, $225M on top of his 2 years remaining on his current deal.. He's now under contract for the next 12 years for $251.5M. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/04/reds-agree-to-extend-joey-votto.html What are the Reds thinking?  It doesn't look like he could have gotten much more on the open market and the Reds had him locked up for the next 2 years already.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Votto's the best thing to happen in Cincy since the Big Red Machine...they are thirsty....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention:
    [QUOTE]Aaron Cooke had another outing today. His line was 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 ER, 1 BB,  2 SO, and his ERA is now 1.88. Do you think that the Sox should add him to the roster. Padilla, Melancon. and Morales did very well also. Ciriaco is hiiting .429, Spears .304, and McDonald .472. Lots of tough decisions to be made.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Not really on topic, but I'll bite.  Cook needs another couple starts to get fully stretched out.  He had a late start this spring due to shoulder problems.

Looking at the roster, McDonald has to be on it considering the Crawford is out.

Bobby V has said he's open to the idea of 13 pitchers, but I just can't see that happening.  As much as I hate promoting a player based on ST alone, Ciriaco is the best fit for this roster as the 25th man, at least for a couple weeks, based on his defensive versatility.  Anything he contributes at the plate would be a bonus.  Keep in mind that he hasn't done anything of note in 6 minor league seasons, which is why I don't expect much from him.  It'd be great if he proved me wrong, kind of like DMac a couple years ago, but I just don't see it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Joey Votto signs extention :   Votto's the best thing to happen in Cincy since the Big Red Machine...they are thirsty....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I get that but..... 12 years????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : I get that but..... 12 years????
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

I know.   I guess he has to be happy as well. 

This is the land of the hairless, worthless nut, you know.  (Buckeyes)  They do tend to get fixated.

Not like us Red Sox fans .......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Too much.  All the evidence points towards hitters falling off a cliff after age 36, but the GMs figure, if they just pay them more money, they won't get old.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Aaron Cooke had another outing today. His line was 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 ER, 1 BB,  2 SO, and his ERA is now 1.88. Do you think that the Sox should add him to the roster. Padilla, Melancon. and Morales did very well also. Ciriaco is hiiting .429, Spears .304, and McDonald .472. Lots of tough decisions to be made.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I am filing a complaint to the BDC or to the very least kimsaysthis. How dare a Reds related thread be started on a Red Sox forum!  How dare I say!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Headline:  Board infiltrated by a swarm of Reds fans!  Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes, my dad just called me and told me. I'm surprised the Reds put up a contract that big, they've never done that in the past. But Votto is every bit as good as Adrian Gonzalez. Good for Joey and the Reds, hope he stays healthy and the deal doesnt hamstring them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Too much.  All the evidence points towards hitters falling off a cliff after age 36, but the GMs figure, if they just pay them more money, they won't get old.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

He'll be 38 at the end of the contract I believe.

So they end up maybe eating a couple of years on the back end. The way salaries are going, he may be a bargain in 10 years!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : He'll be 38 at the end of the contract I believe. So they end up maybe eating a couple of years on the back end. The way salaries are going, he may be a bargain in 10 years! Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] Very likely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": [QUOTE]Headline:  Board infiltrated by a swarm of Reds fans!   Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE] Yes. Kimpike threw a fit when I posted that I grew up a Reds fan and like them as well as the Sox. That makes me disloyal, you see, and disqualifies me from the forum. Like the martyrs of old, I feel I must kiss the stake. "Tis a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done before.....and I regret that I have but one life to give for the forum."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": Yes. Kimpike threw a fit when I posted that I grew up a Reds fan and like them as well as the Sox. That makes me disloyal, you see, and disqualifies me from the forum. Like the martyrs of old, I feel I must kiss the stake. "Tis a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done before.....and I regret that I have but one life to give for the forum."
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

kimpike is one twisted individual.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : kimpike is one twisted individual. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] LOL...clearly. But something about your sig line babe. "Have faith in the Yankees, my son?" You know Hemingway blew his own brains out right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

These bad contracts will not last much longer. Labor cannot deliver and needs to be forced to capitalize ownership of their own teams. Votto isn't that good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": LOL...clearly. But something about your sig line babe. "Have faith in the Yankees, my son?" You know Hemingway blew his own brains out right?

He said have faith in The YANKEES, not himself!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": LOL...clearly. But something about your sig line babe. "Have faith in the Yankees, my son?" You know Hemingway blew his own brains out right?

The yankees caused his depression, examWink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : He said have faith in The YANKEES, not himself!! Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] Nice leaping try babe, but this one is off your glove and over the fence. Poor Earnest!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : The yankees caused his depression, exam
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Nah, maybe Mazeroski caused the depression.

Tongue Out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": [QUOTE]These bad contracts will not last much longer. Labor cannot deliver and needs to be forced to capitalize ownership of their own teams. Votto isn't that good. Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE] Wrong. Joey Votto is Adrian Gonzalez younger and minus the shoulder injury, playing in a more hitter friendly park. I've watched the Reds, I dare say, more than just about any other poster on here, and I'm telling you, Joey Votto is a beast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : Nah, maybe Mazeroski caused the depression. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] LOL.... very likely.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Joey Votto signs extention": LOL.... very likely.

Have you noticed how there's very little bickering on these threads when kimpike is not around?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joey Votto signs extention : Have you noticed how there's very little bickering on these threads when kimpike is not around?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Don't be so sure he's not....a few new posters, everyone is suspect until proven otherwise.

Sections
Shortcuts