Johann Santana done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Johann Santana done?

"Total reconstruction" were the words I heard about his shoulder. Could be it for him at his age. Arent we all glad Theo didnt trade Lester for him now after 2007? That might have been the best move Theo made. NOT trading Lester for Santana.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Johann Santana done?

I think it's gotta be something with the Mets.  Santana, Beltran, Bay and now with Wright.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

"Total reconstruction" were the words I heard about his shoulder. Could be it for him at his age. Arent we all glad Theo didnt trade Lester for him now after 2007? That might have been the best move Theo made. NOT trading Lester for Santana.

I remember how some posters really tore Theo apart for not pulling the trigger on that deal. (It didn't help that this time period was Law's heyday.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I suddenly feel a lot better about Lackey's contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Giving FREE AGENTS and especially PITCHERS  big $$$$$$$ and years is, as DAD would say.......  "SON, FOOLS GOLD" !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He also threw a lot more pitchers in 2008 than he did in 2007, and a lot more than the #2 guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If Theo did trade Lester for Santana then he would have walked away in a gorilla suit again.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That no-hitter may have helped

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I think it's gotta be something with the Mets.  Santana, Beltran, Bay and now with Wright.  

It's the problem when you don't develop enough players.  Nothing wrong with signing the odd FA, but when you become overly reliant, you get desperate and sloppy.  Santana was still very good, but his peripherals were splipping.  His velocity had dropped from 93.1 to 91.7.

It didn't mean he was going to be a bad pitcher, but it did mean he likely wouldn't be worth his $24M for very long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

If Theo did trade Lester for Santana then he would have walked away in a gorilla suit again.   LOL

It would have been the ultimate failure to add that to the other mis-steps he had there in the last couple years. Hed have been burned in efigy on Yawkee Way. But I think Lackey may do more on the backend of his contract and make it not such a horrible deal after all. I hope....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I remember how some posters really tore Theo apart for not pulling the trigger on that deal. (It didn't help that this time period was Law's heyday.)

They are the same idiots that criticize every FO move.  Their opinions are meaningless.

I find it amazing how often they fall into the same trap of not realizing that players age, skills decline, and they get injured more often.  What was it that Einstein said about these people?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

They are the same idiots that criticize every FO move.  Their opinions are meaningless.

I find it amazing how often they fall into the same trap of not realizing that players age, skills decline, and they get injured more often.  What was it that Einstein said about these people?

Ah... You mean the creationists? He's 34 I believe, does he retire or do we see him again in a year or so? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

or not.....was thinking the same, when I read the OP, steven.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

The Manager cried that game for leaving him in because he said he knew his surgically repared arm (given the surgery, an unprecedented comeback as well) couldn't handle the 135 pitches. Given his near double digit ERA afterwards (8.27, 16.33 in his last 4 starts), he was mostly right.

Then the organization fed the BS that his "back" was bothering him to avoid embarrassment

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The Manager cried that game for leaving him in because he said he knew his surgically repared arm (given the surgery, an unprecedented comeback as well) couldn't handle the 135 pitches. Given his near double digit ERA afterwards (8.27, 16.33 in his last 4 starts), he was mostly right.

If I remember correctly, the decision to stay in the game was Santana's. To his credit, he was thinking more about the first no hitter in Mets history, than himself. Apparently, so was the organization

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

If I remember correctly, the decision to stay in the game was Santana's. To his credit, he was thinking more about the first no hitter in Mets history, than himself. Apparently, so was the organization

Beyond an ego motivated reason, I don't buy it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Too Bad. A class act and a terrific pitcher when he was healthy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Beyond an ego motivated reason, I don't buy it

I think that can be said, for all of them. In fairness to him, he didn't know he'd end up with the no hitter. Chances were better than not, he'd end with future shoulder issues.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Exactly what I was thinking the moment I saw ESPN flash this news at the bottom of the screen hour after hour last night. 

Who was that poster that so wanted to do this deal with either Buchholz or Lester with Ellsbury?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Exactly what I was thinking the moment I saw ESPN flash this news at the bottom of the screen hour after hour last night. 

Who was that poster that so wanted to do this deal with either Buchholz or Lester with Ellsbury?

That would be........  Who is Stiffy Alex.  aaaah  aaaah aaaah....  Just like his mutha

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

At the time I wasn't openly opposed to the trade, but saw Lester's youth and potential as one reason to hang on to him, so I wasn't upset when the deal didn't get done. Not dealing him for Santana made sense. Looking back, now I'm really glad it didn't happen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts