john farrell is a grady little clone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackripper. Show jackripper's posts

john farrell is a grady little clone

no urgency, no life, bad big game manager, micro manager, brings in matt thornton who stinks in a important situation & saves his best lefty breslow for the eighth. stupid shift on soriano, you don't argue the throw to third when the runner was out. we aren't winning anything with this clown as a manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: john farrell is a grady little clone

Nah, no Bullpen help was needed Ben!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

gotta agree with jackripper, wells was out on 3rd and not a peep for farrell or middy, even before he brought in thornton, he left peavy in too long. the shift on soriano was down right moronic. had they been playing normal double play defense, soriano's hit would have gone right to pedroia for an easy double play. inning over. one last thing, does anybody else find it ridiculous that farrell continues to bat middlebrooks 9th? he has been one of the best hitters on the team for the last while, yet he hits last. makes no sense. no way should drew be hitting ahead of him. let alone lavarnway. speaking of which, why pinch hit lavarnway who is 2-4 for gomes? right for righty, its not like gomes is anything special offensive and we would have been better served using him against a lefty if the situation arrose. just so many mistakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm mad about the 7th inning too and also think Girardi is out managing Farrell.  But Farrell has been very good for this team overall.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Farrell had a bad game. Leaving Peavy in was his second clearly bad move all year. 
    I'll take him. There are no good managers. At least not in Boston. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My only complaint was, why Thornton instead of Breslow? But it's always easier in the armchair. Farrell  knows more about the game and his personnel than me or anyone  else on this board.

Oh, and the Red Sox are now tied with Atlanta for the most wins in MLB. Man must be doing something right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

My only complaint was, why Thornton instead of Breslow? But it's always easier in the armchair. Farrell  knows more about the game and his personnel than me or anyone  else on this board.

Oh, and the Red Sox are now tied with Atlanta for the most wins in MLB. Man must be doing something right.

Especially considering where they were at this time last year!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think Farrell is thinking this is a 4 game series.....he has Doubront going tomorrow, which means the Yankees will have lefties coming off the bench.....he was hoping with the 5 run lead, even with 2 runners on, he could get through it with Thorton and either use Breslow if it got closer in the 8th or keep him Fresh for the rest of the series.....thats what you do when you have a 5 run lead....you try and save your best relievers....obviously didnt work out. I also think this helps Farrell with a Post Season Roster.....Morales threw the ball real well last night, even though it was Garbage time and if Farrell feels he cant trust Thorton, Morales may be another lefty on a PS roster rather than Thorton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm guessing his plan was to get Peavy through 7, then Breslow, then Koji. WhenPeavy got in trouble, he probably figured Thornton would be able to protect a five-run lead. But everything blew up.

I don't know, I find fault more with Thornton and Tazawa giving up RBI hits on 0-2 pitches that went right down the middle. I can't blame the manager for that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The only issue I had was not pulling Peavy to start the inn or at least get him after the lead off walk. The reality is though it's all moot cause they won.

11. This post has been removed.