John Farrell - Stop Feeding us the BS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

John Farrell - Stop Feeding us the BS

When I hear Farrell say this team is grinding this, and working hard that, I think he's giving us the treatment.

Scott Carroll, really?  How do you think this team will do against Chris Sale on Wednesday?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: John Farrell - Stop Feeding us the BS

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I hear Farrell say this team is grinding this, and working hard that, I think he's giving us the treatment.

Scott Carroll, really?  How do you think this team will do against Chris Sale on Wednesday?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, BA 0.000, RISP 0/0, pitches seen--81, K--27, LOB--0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I agree, wish Billy Martin was alive. He would probably bench every regular. Except for a few, who hustle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree, wish Billy Martin was alive. He would probably bench every regular. Except for a few, who hustle.

[/QUOTE]

So who's not hustling or playing hard?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Who is?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

Who is?

[/QUOTE]

I see them all hustling. Just because they're not hitting in the clutch -- or hitting in general -- it doesn't mean they're not hustling or not trying. In fact, some of the stupid base running mistakes they've had is because they're trying too hard.

It's such a simple-minded attitude to assume a player who is not hitting well is not hustling or not trying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

It is useless threads like this that made me go on a hiatus a few years back.....for a few years.  Seriously.....STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Come on guys. What is Farrell supposed to say?  He knows who signs his paycheck. He is not a fool. You should not pay attention to what he says in an interview. Use your own common sense to figure out what is wrong with this nine. It is not that hard. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Under this ownership and FO, the SOX would never hire a NON-YES MAN like a Billy Martin. Farrell is the ultimate YES-MAN.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ADG.......they are called "anti depressents"

.....please consume some.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Who is?"

Gutless response...you accused the team of not hustling but you can't actually produce the name of a single player who isn't. 

That's because they are playing hard. Yeah, a couple are in hitting slumps. The real issue is that if you don't have hitting talent, you won't score. 

Which brings me back to our OP, ADG, who should be upset with the front office for fielding this team first and foremost. If you think Farrell can just coach up whatever is tossed out there, that's delusional. OK so Farrell is kind of a drag/BS guy at press events. Well, so was Francona and Little before him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Who is?"

Gutless response...you accused the team of not hustling but you can't actually produce the name of a single player who isn't. 

That's because they are playing hard. Yeah, a couple are in hitting slumps. The real issue is that if you don't have hitting talent, you won't score. 

Which brings me back to our OP, ADG, who should be upset with the front office for fielding this team first and foremost. If you think Farrell can just coach up whatever is tossed out there, that's delusional. OK so Farrell is kind of a drag/BS guy at press events. Well, so was Francona and Little before him. 

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly a compliment to Farkell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

farrell's next job...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0

As always - 100% correct!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Being a manager you have to back your players. You can't say this guy sucks or that guy is not helping us. That's just the way it goes. If you don't understand then you know nothing about the game. Managers never ever down grade a player to the media ? You understand? You bite the bullet and support your team . Leave the he stinks and lets dump this guy to GM and owners. A manager has to work with what is dealt to him and take the fall for the team. That's why managers are only as good as his team. If Farrell was with Detriot ,do you think he would have a better record then with the Sox? You name the best manager in baseball and put him with Sox , they would still suck. No BS ,Just the way it works..........

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

The Red Sox are so staggeringly inept this year that BC and Northeastern, in a three game series, would probably have a chance at taking 2 out of 3 from them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on guys. What is Farrell supposed to say?  He knows who signs his paycheck. He is not a fool. You should not pay attention to what he says in an interview. Use your own common sense to figure out what is wrong with this nine. It is not that hard. 

Stabbed by Foulke

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  He has to spin this terrible season as much as he can.  He along with everyone else knows this season is a train wreck.  Now that we are in the dog days of summer things may get worse.  I think he is doing the best he can with a mediocre team.