John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction?

Famous last words

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I thought you were leaving for 60 days. How 'bout it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?

Bravo to John Henry. Telling it like it is. Thanks for telling the media to sh-ove their rumors and wild speculation. The media makes big money by inventing stories and starting nonsense rumors. Thanks again John. Ditto to the assinine talk radio hosts and their callers. A bunch of pouting adolescents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?

The infamous vote of confidence...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

There's no way they can fire him after a year. They fired Francona and dumped everything that happened last year on him, and supposedly Larry Lucchino wanted Bobby Valentine, even if the GM wanted to at least consider other options. Firing him just looks bad on them in so many ways.

Now, it's not working, and I'm sure Valentine knows it. So I'm expecting him to "resign" for personal issues, or family issues, or some other saving face method of making a change. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction?:
    In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction? :   Yes, it’s true, the Red Sox medical staff did put me on the 60 day DL. However, I’m doing this behind their backs. Plus I’m typing with my middle finger not my index finger.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

So, are you saying I'm getting the middle finger from you? Thanks.

Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Motown, Sounds like you didn't read the email from John Henry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?:
    There's no way they can fire him after a year. They fired Francona and dumped everything that happened last year on him, and supposedly Larry Lucchino wanted Bobby Valentine, even if the GM wanted to at least consider other options. Firing him just looks bad on them in so many ways. Now, it's not working, and I'm sure Valentine knows it. So I'm expecting him to "resign" for personal issues, or family issues, or some other saving face method of making a change. 
    Posted by Motown9009

Glad he gave Bobby V a vote of support, but to say the players have hustled all year?   Beckett????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?:
    Motown, Sounds like you didn't read the email from John Henry.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

I read it. So. What?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

There's no way they can fire him after a year. They fired Francona and dumped everything that happened last year on him, and supposedly Larry Lucchino wanted Bobby Valentine, even if the GM wanted to at least consider other options. Firing him just looks bad on them in so many ways. Now, it's not working, and I'm sure Valentine knows it. So I'm expecting him to "resign" for personal issues, or family issues, or some other saving face method of making a change. 
    Posted by Motown9009

That's how I see it too, Motown. Valentine looks like he wants to anywhere but there. That's how they should have handled it with Francona. live and learn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

"To blame Bobby Valentine for the Red Sox being .500 at this point in the season is simply wrong. A lot has been written about injuries to key players this year. The impact of that on the Sox this year should not be discounted.

"In baseball, managers often get too much credit and too much blame for what happens on the field. That seems to be a constant. There is often the thought in organizations, 'This isn't working so the manager needs to go.' But an organization is much more than the field manager. We all share responsibility for the success and failure of the Boston Red Sox. We are not making a change in manager.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It isn't going to happen until the offseason and it will be a "mutual decision".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

2004Idiots, do you and Pinstripezac work in the graphics department at the Globe?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

If I were a closet Yankee fan, I would become an expert also at that photo-editing software and use it to make little of Red Sox players and FO staff and Bobby Valentine. It is called trolling with photos instead of words. Pure genius.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction?:
    In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction? :   Yes, it’s true, the Red Sox medical staff did put me on the 60 day DL. However, I’m doing this behind their backs. Plus I’m typing with my middle finger not my index finger.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Glad you took my suggestion (about typing with your middle finger. Use both for added effect). I wonder what Henry DOES think is the reason for the failure of the team this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Didn't Henry marry a hot woman half his age? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Henry signed the Sox 2012 Death Warrant, it's official.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

John Henry should send Tom Brady or Bill Clinton over to the Red Sox clubhouse and give them a motivational speech. 

Whatever it takes to jump start the team.  lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

I am fine with Henry's email. I agree with Motown and the others that say Valentine will resign at the end of the season.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Non issue for awhile until the postseason.

Sections
Shortcuts