John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction? : You're forgetting something.  If he resigns he gives up next year's salary...he signed a contract through 2013.  He ain't stupid....he ain't resigning.    _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown   
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

I thought Valentine's contract contained a team option for a second year, not a two year contract. If so, its not up to Valentine. If they do not pick up the option he will not be paid...right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?

He made this decision after he saw that there are still sell outs at Fenway, why make a change if he is still making money. Only in Boston would this team sell out.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think that was John Henry's subtle way of saying he really doesn't care all that much. 

Just keep buying tickets and gear.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction?

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today: Your reaction? : NO! Antibody I didn't mean any disrespect to you. I enjoy your posts. I originally said I was put on the DL because I felt a slight pain in my typing finger(the index finger). I was just trying to be humorous.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

No worries, LOL. I was being humorous too (or at least trying to be). Thought you'd see I was Laughing.  Too many posters are too serious lately and i was doing my best to lighten things up. Sorry if I was mis-understood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

With so many ignorant posters on here every day, why would anyone try to emulate them even  if being humorous or joking. Why pretend to be a troll when the forum is saturated with them? Sarcasm and humor on here are often mistaken for being one of them. Why act like Yazzer unless you want to be mistaken for him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Henry responded to an email from WEEI.com today-:Henry: Sox 'not making a change in manager' Your reaction? : You're forgetting something.  If he resigns he gives up next year's salary...he signed a contract through 2013.  He ain't stupid....he ain't resigning.    _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown   
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

What's his salary vs what he'd make doing ESPN and such? If the money's comparable he might go with an easier gig....I'm not sure it'd be him simply "resigning" either. I don't think they'll simply fire him but I could see them all sitting down and deciding to "mutually" move on. Simply firing him after a year looks bad on the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]With so many ignorant posters on here every day, why would anyone try to emulate them even  if being humorous or joking. Why pretend to be a troll when the forum is saturated with them? Sarcasm and humor on here are often mistaken for being one of them. Why act like Yazzer unless you want to be mistaken for him?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

I am acting like myself. Who (or what) is it that you are trying to act like?  Are you, in all seriousness, you, of all people, suggesting that someone else on this forum is a troll?

Honestly?

If you can't see the humor in that, then you truly are lost. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Burp.

No response, pike? Are you sure that you want to miss this opportunity to berate me and any others who you feel are not up to the standards of what you consider a worthy poster?

Please don't disappoint us. Shower us all with your pearls of wisdom.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You wonder if Henry didn't send that e-mail to just give himself a few months of free time to go with the other several months of free time so he can devote his ownership duties to his soccer club. I get it. It's a wonderful way to do your job. Worry about the Sox AFTER THEY ARE ELIMINATED. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Excellent email from John Henry, he covered every question completely and squashed all of the ridiculouus media speculation, innuendo, fabrications, and nonsense. Enough was enough and John Henry had to act. Reread the email a few times instead of reading more BS columns, blogs, or listening to talk show buffoons who only care about their ratings. Don't allow the media to play you for a sucker.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I've re-read the e-mail several times and it looks like a load of corporate BS. Either have the guts to let Valentine do his job his way or admit that the people at the top of the organization don't want him to. Stop patronizing the fans with this nonsense John Henry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

When Francona was hired didn't he have to subscribe to the sabermetrics of Bill James and play a version of Moneyball. Does anyone know if Valentine has to also subscribe to that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]When Francona was hired didn't he have to subscribe to the sabermetrics of Bill James and play a version of Moneyball. Does anyone know if Valentine has to also subscribe to that?
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE]

I believe that's the case. I also believe that in the end Francona became frustrated by the blueprint that upper management has designed for the team and the way he was hamstrung by it. It would appear that management is keeping an even tighter reign on Valentine, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is more frustrated. Not to let him choose his own coaching staff is unusual to say the least and suggests that the front office wants to control every aspect of daily life, probably right down to the way the clubhouse attendants mop the floors. An organization which is that heavy at the top is likely to collapse under its own weight.

Sections
Shortcuts