John Henry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

John Henry

I don't get it! A Billionaire owner goes on radio and says he wasn't 'for the Crawford signing. Its his money, why didn't he tell Theo NO!, why go along with the signing and nw cause bad blood? I don't get it. Its his $ and final sayso, just say NO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: John Henry

In Response to John Henry:
    [QUOTE]I don't get it! A Billionaire owner goes on radio and says he wasn't 'for the Crawford signing. Its his money, why didn't he tell Theo NO!, why go along with the signing and nw cause bad blood? I don't get it. Its his $ and final sayso, just say NO!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Because John Henry (aka Prune Face) is a worm.  The guy knows all about commodities and how to make money, but he doesn't know jack turd about baseball and what's more, he's been in outer space since he married his pastry tart Linda a couple of years back.  His mind is elsewhere and it shows with our disfunctional team, but what astounds me is why Larry Lucchino, known from way back as a hard a@s, has been almost invisible the past few seasons.  He knows baseball and should now be given a bigger say in what is going on, especially since the new GM Cherrington seems to be a lite version of Epstein.   That doesn't bode very well from where I'm sitting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to John Henry:
    [QUOTE]I don't get it! A Billionaire owner goes on radio and says he wasn't 'for the Crawford signing. Its his money, why didn't he tell Theo NO!, why go along with the signing and nw cause bad blood? I don't get it. Its his $ and final sayso, just say NO!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

In the continuing meltdown of the Sox, now the owner - just a week after he and Lucchino said every trade/personnel move was a joint decision - comes out and throws CC under the bus by saying he was against the move.

Imagine being CC today?  Another classless public comment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: John Henry:
    [QUOTE]In Response to John Henry : The guy knows all about commodities and how to make money, but he doesn't know jack turd about baseball Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

Isn't this why he shouldn't have made the call on Crawford.

Some of you posters are unreal. You rip Henry for not wanting to listen to the baseball people and give Texieria the money. Now you rip him for listening to his baseball people and giving Crawford the money.

Everyone btches about owners who meddle or not letting the baseball (or football or basketball etc) people do their job or not spending the money.

Henry spends the money and lets his baseball people do their job without meddling and you btch.

It seems to me too many of your are predisposed to wanting to rip an owner so details don't matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Henry : Isn't this why he shouldn't have made the call on Crawford. Some of you posters are unreal. You rip Henry for not wanting to listen to the baseball people and give Texieria the money. Now you rip him for listening to his baseball people and giving Crawford the money. Everyone btches about owners who meddle or not letting the baseball (or football or basketball etc) people do their job or not spending the money. Henry spends the money and lets his baseball people do their job without meddling and you btch. It seems to me too many of your are predisposed to wanting to rip an owner so details don't matter.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Its $140,000,000 freakin dollars! Shouldn't you say NO if you don't agree and its your $$$$?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Its $140,000,000 freakin dollars! Shouldn't you say NO if you don't agree and its your $$$$?
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

It's not going to break the team financially, so from a talent standpoint, you trust your baseball people. He gives them a budget for payroll -- that's his job. How they spend to put a competitive team on the field -- that's what he hires the others for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Whether Henry approved or not with the signing of Crawford, he should never have said today that he disapproved.  It should have been the company line (headed by the owner) that "WE agreed to sign Crawford".

Teams win and lose on the field as a group and ownership/management have to win or lose as a group as well off the field.

Sometimes you just need to shut up on some things and don't try to pass the buck onto someone else.

Sure looks the beginning of the "smear Theo" campaign to me.  More to come as soon as he signs with the Cubs.

Wonder why Theo is looking for another job?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Henry : Isn't this why he shouldn't have made the call on Crawford. Some of you posters are unreal. You rip Henry for not wanting to listen to the baseball people and give Texieria the money. Now you rip him for listening to his baseball people and giving Crawford the money. Everyone btches about owners who meddle or not letting the baseball (or football or basketball etc) people do their job or not spending the money. Henry spends the money and lets his baseball people do their job without meddling and you btch. It seems to me too many of your are predisposed to wanting to rip an owner so details don't matter.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

exactly Roy - yesterday I read all sorts of malarky about how George Steinbrenner was a good owner..hello??? the guy spent every other day ripping his "stars" for not playing well...he fired managers at the fdrop of a hat....Henry is being honest - if that is too much for most than im sorry...I still like the CC signing and think he will come back in 2012...Im sure he's crying all the way to the bank because of these comments

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Whether Henry approved or not with the signing of Crawford, he should never have said today that he disapproved.  It should have been the company line (headed by the owner) that "WE agreed to sign Crawford". Teams win and lose on the field as a group and ownership/management have to win or lose as a group as well off the field. Sometimes you just need to shut up on some things and don't try to pass the buck onto someone else. Sure looks the beginning of the "smear Theo" campaign to me.  More to come as soon as he signs with the Cubs. Wonder why Theo is looking for another job?
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Henry said that his baseball people  ( Lucchino and Theo) were basically responsible for signing CC. By the way CC still has six more years to play and he did better that Jason Bay this year. Bob Hohler says the sources of his column were not from Henry, Lucchino, and Werner. Are you calling Hohler a liar.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2011/10/audio_john_henr.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You re right, but per reading the article, he just let Theo along with other staffs to make baseball decisions.  

[Crawford was ] definitely a baseball signing. In fact, anyone involved in the process, anybody involved in upper management with the Red Sox will tell you that I personally opposed that. They all know that," Henry said.

"I'll just tell you that at the time I opposed the deal, but I don't meddle to the point of making decisions for our baseball people. Theo will tell you, this was driven by our baseball people. It wasn't a PR move."

Well, Henry gave Theo too much independence as a General Manager.  That was why Larry L. have been working with him closely in the first three something years after Theo was hired.  Then when Boston won two world series titles, Theo started to have all the powers, and do whatever he wanted to do.  Then suddenly he messed it all up.  

Wait until he goes to Chicago at the same time Chicago is going to give him all kind of powers,  he will mess it all up again!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Its $140,000,000 freakin dollars! Shouldn't you say NO if you don't agree and its your $$$$?
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

I think it's called "delegating to the experts".