John Kruk For Hitting Coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

John Kruk For Hitting Coach?

Red Sox have a lot of good young talent that is not living up to the hype. I am worried they may deal some of it for quick fixes which would be a huge mistake.

Instead why not hire a new batting coach? I am listening to John Kruk on ESPN and he thinks a problem with both Bradley and Xander is they moving to many body parts such as Bradley tapping his feet to much. John Kruk was a career .300 hitter with OBP of .397

How about hiring him to be the next hitting coach to work with these kids.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: John Kruk For Hitting Coach?

How about Kruk for manager?

I hope some of the local reporters have this dialog on their DVR. Lots of ammo for the tabloids tomorrow if they can make the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

People prefer to think of Kruk as a clown. They should pay some attention to what he says. He is a knowledgeable former player A good player.  A guy who actually knows something about the game. I would rather listen to what he thinks than to some nerd with a calculator. Baseball is a sport, not a math class. Things have gotten a little stupid.

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Kruk was a good hitter - but why would he want the job?  He has the best job in the world right now.

Defense.  It is still important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Sox have a lot of good young talent that is not living up to the hype. I am worried they may deal some of it for quick fixes which would be a huge mistake.

Instead why not hire a new batting coach? I am listening to John Kruk on ESPN and he thinks a problem with both Bradley and Xander is they moving to many body parts such as Bradley tapping his feet to much. John Kruk was a career .300 hitter with OBP of .397

[/QUOTE]

I agree that something is wrong with their coaching when it comes to these young hitters. I hope someone with the Sox is listening to ESPN's broadcast. Kruk is right that Bradley can't catch up to anything.  First of all I think he takes too big of a swing instead of swinging more like Ellsbury or Holt. That coupled with his dancing around makes him late on everything. He really needs some coaching. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kruk was a good hitter - but why would he want the job?  He has the best job in the world right now.

Defense.  It is still important.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the job he has right now is great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about Kruk for manager?

I hope some of the local reporters have this dialog on their DVR. Lots of ammo for the tabloids tomorrow if they can make the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

What local reporters? The good baseball reporters have all gone to the big scoreboard in the sky. Anyway, I'll buy into Kruk, Pete Rose, Derek Jeter (!), most anyone for either job.

In the meantime get Jackie O-fer-25 out of there! Anybody notice the approach Vasquez has at the plate? Like the old TW mantra, "Wait, Wait, Wait---Quick, Quick, Quick". Worked for him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBJRlooks absolutely terrible at the plate....

[/QUOTE]

Yes he does. I can picture it now. Bradley jr gets traded and starts hitting for some other team. Typical Red Sox- bad coaching. Look at the NY Yankees McCarthy as their ace more or less and they playing over .500 baseball. Enough said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If it gets Kruk out of the announcing business, I'm all for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If it gets Kruk out of the announcing business, I'm all for it."

huge win win - don't have to listen to his crummy banter and if he can fix JBJ as well, then yes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

It doesn't require Kruk to inform us about anything. Bradleys' bat speed sucks primarily because he is using a larger bat for a larger sweet spot, BUT HE IS NOT CHOKING UP!!

His bottom hand is off the bat like he is playing wiffle ball. He got the "wiff" part right.

scottwad24

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would have to agree with you....How come hitting coach could not see what was going on ? Seeing was believing and it might need to be addressed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

no flipping way.  every other batter he is like "bunt, bunt, bunt".  that aint how the AL plays it pal.  he is living in the NL circa 1996.  he can stay there as far as i'm concerned.

other names i have posted under:  none

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

JBJ needs guidance and Kruk made some good observations.  Kruk says it like it is and that is why some don't like him.  I remember someone asking him what it felt like to be an athlete on his level.  His response was: " I am not an athlete, I am a baseball player".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Doubt he'd want to take the pay cut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Kruk for eating coach maybe...he taught Beckett all he knew about fried chicken and beer!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bartolo Colon makes Kruk look so small.   lol