John Lannan non tender - option?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

John Lannan non tender - option?

Last year it was reported that the Sox attempted to trade for Lannan. Now that he is non tendered, he is available. He would give some strength at the back end of the rotation at a good price point.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: John Lannan non tender - option?

Personall,y I do not think he is any better than the guys we already have in the back end of the rotation.   He can eat innings, which is nice, but he does not do muich else.

Also, he is a soft-tossing lefty, which does not always play well at fenway.  Don't hate him, but don't love him either.  He's too good for a depth signing, but not good enough for the rotation..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

lannan is a number 5 pitcher on an average team.  he spent almost all of last year in the minors because the nationals (a good team last year) had five better options.

take a look at him if he is on the real cheap, but he is not the solution to the sox starting pitching problems

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lannan is a number 5 pitcher on an average team.  he spent almost all of last year in the minors because the nationals (a good team last year) had five better options.

take a look at him if he is on the real cheap, but he is not the solution to the sox starting pitching problems

[/QUOTE]

Not a bad "depth" guy, but there are 5 guys already on the 40 man that I would rather see in the rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree, hes a Depth move only...

Sections
Shortcuts