John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson?

Last I heard the Nats were looking to move him this spring. Not sure what it would take to get Lannan, would be a great 4th starter for the Sox to have.

Lars Anderson could be a decent MLB player at some point, but he will never get a shot in Boston. He seems incapable of playing any position other than first base, where the Sox are more than set for years to come.

Wonder if a package involving Anderson could be created to aquire Lannan from the Nats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson?

Do the Nats want Anderson when they have Bryce Harper in the minors?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

At the moment, I would take Bard, Aceves, Doubront, a healthy Padilla and a stretched out Cook over John Lannan in the 4th spot...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson?:
    Do the Nats want Anderson when they have Bryce Harper in the minors?
    Posted by TheExaminer

What does catcher-turned-outfielder Bryce Harper have to do with 1B Lars Anderson?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson? : What does catcher-turned-outfielder Bryce Harper have to do with 1B Lars Anderson?
    Posted by notin

I was scratching my head on that one too, Notin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He has dropped from the top 30 2 yrs ago to #421 on the Scouting Book Matrix; this probably explains to some degree why RS fans keep mentioning him in trades.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

John Lannan would not help the team.  I'd hold on to Anderson - he's showing signs of regaining the form that made him a top prospect.  He's got great plate discipline, and he's added some power.  He's the kind of guy that's just going to get better with age and experience.

The problem, of course is that there is no spot for him, but I think he's athletic enough to learn LF, there are no guarantees on Kalish or Sweeney, and I'd rather see FA spending go toward the pitching staff.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson? :
    John Lannan would not help the team.  I'd hold on to Anderson - he's showing signs of regaining the form that made him a top prospect.  He's got great plate discipline, and he's added some power.  He's the kind of guy that's just going to get better with age and experience. The problem, of course is that there is no spot for him, but I think he's athletic enough to learn LF, there are no guarantees on Kalish or Sweeney, and I'd rather see FA spending go toward the pitching staff. Posted by slomag[/ QUOTE]  he's showing signs of regaining the form that made him a top prospect.   just another case of red sox over hyping one of there prospects ;-)
    Posted by pinstripezac

The book's not closed on Anderson, but if he does not amount to anything, he will be the exception, rather than the rule for the Sox.  You can go down the list of recent highly-regarded Sox prospects, and for every Craig Hansen or Brandon Moss, there are two Pedroias or Ellsburys or Youks or Papelbons or Lesters or Buchholz's or Bards or Mastersons.  Conversely, for every Ian Kennedy, there are two of Humberto Sanchez or Jose Tabata or Joba Chamberlain or Andrew Brackman or Eric Duncan or Austin Romine.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson? : The book's not closed on Anderson, but if he does not amount to anything, he will be the exception, rather than the rule for the Sox.  You can go down the list of recent highly-regarded Sox prospects, and for every Craig Hansen or Brandon Moss, there are two Pedroias or Ellsburys or Youks or Papelbons or Lesters or Buchholz's or Bards or Mastersons.  Conversely, for every Ian Kennedy, there are two of Humberto Sanchez or Jose Tabata or Joba Chamberlain or Andrew Brackman or Eric Duncan or Austin Romine.  
    Posted by slomag

Gosh, what a twisted crock.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson? : Gosh, what a twisted crock.
    Posted by nhsteven

I'd wager that #422 prospect Lars Anderson has a brighter future than #85 prospect Mason Williams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I hear alot of there is no place for Anderson, but who else is our 1B depth behind AG at the Major League and Minor League level......on the Roster it is Youk....and he is currenlty injury suspect and if you move him from 3B...you would have to fill that....the next 1b on our Minor Legue prospect list is our 36th rated prospect and 26 years old Reynaldo Rodriquez.....so what if AG gets hurt?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: John Lannan on the market... trade Anderson? : I'd wager that #422 prospect Lars Anderson has a brighter future than #85 prospect Mason Williams.
    Posted by slomag

I don't know enough about Mason Williams to say one way or the other. Regardless, that's largely out of context. For starters, Chamberlain & Hughes helped to capturing the '09 flag (and IMO have done enough to not be considered as busts), Romine is not a bust yet, and didn't you conveniently forget Austin Jax, Robertson, Nova, Cano, Gardner, Montero, Sanchez, Banuelos, and a few of the pitchers on the RS staff? And what's with the convenient placement of the multiplicities? Thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts