Johnny Damon as the backup, lefty hitting first baseman and left fielder?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Johnny Damon as the backup, lefty hitting first baseman and left fielder?

How about looking at Damon as the back up in LF and 1B?  Certainly, he is not the same player he was 8-10 years ago, BUT......

Hits lefty, will outhit and out-produce Kotchman offensively, will out field Gomes, understands winning, understands playing in Boston, knows how to lead, seems to be uninjured, will sign fairly cheaply and only for one year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Johnny Damon as the backup, lefty hitting first baseman and left fielder?

Bleacher report?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I made this suggestion here a couple days ago in another thread...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

So if Damon signs with the Red Sox, does he have to grow his beard and hair again?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

So if Damon signs with the Red Sox, does he have to grow his beard and hair again?  

yes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say...................   "SON, THAT SHIP HAS SAILED"  !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say...................   "SON, THAT SHIP HAS SAILED"  !!!

I started in on this thread thinking it might not be a bad idea. Now I'm pretty sure it's a good idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

No teams are interested? Not one?

Id certainly welcome him back. ML deal with an invite to ST. Im sure he could field 1b adequately and could fill in in LF. Even with his noodle arm he can hit the cut off man in LF. Good clubhouse presence...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Id certainly welcome him back. ML deal with an invite to ST. Im sure he could field 1b adequately and could fill in in LF. Even with his noodle arm he can hit the cut off man in LF. Good clubhouse presence...

He would definitely be fun to have around, but I'd be pretty shocked if the Sox went down that road again at this point.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He would definitely be fun to have around, but I'd be pretty shocked if the Sox went down that road again at this point.

Yeah, me too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Bill,

Did your dad have something to say about everything?

No wonder you are so smart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Sexy pick indeed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Under no circumstances do I ever want Damon back on the Red Sox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

What a revolting idea...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Oh come on Kimmi think about how thrilling his introduction speech to the Boston media would be telling them he always wanted to be back in Boston his favorite town.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

@jonmorosi

Manny Ramirez has 4 HR during Dominican Winter League postseason and wants to continue MLB career, according to agent Barry Praver.

just read something simillar on MLBTR. i think hes burned a lot of bridges these past few seasons. not sure if anyone will give him a shot.. maybe the astros?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

@jonmorosi

Manny Ramirez has 4 HR during Dominican Winter League postseason and wants to continue MLB career, according to agent Barry Praver.

Lets get the band back together.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

@jonmorosi

But they don't test players for female fertility drugs in the Dominican Republic.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

@jonmorosi

just read something simillar on MLBTR. i think hes burned a lot of bridges these past few seasons. not sure if anyone will give him a shot.. maybe the astros?

no doubt mef

U got 2 figure he's done

but  it's  still  sexy ;-)

i think its safe to say if he does come back to the MLB that it will be with a bottomfeeder.

also, im not sure what a rumor has to do with sexyness....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

only if Trot Nixon and Mark Bellhorn are unavailable....

Sections
Shortcuts