Jon Lester and Mr. Hyde

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Jon Lester and Mr. Hyde

Globe article today about him "hitting the right notes"..lol

total mea culpa about his petulent outburst a few days ago - looks like someone took him aside and told him to grow up...Im glad the sox brass is not taking advice from the head in the sand brigade here who felt is was no big deal....it was and needed to be rectified asap, hence the "clarification/further explanations" about EEI interview...

He said he needs to step up and be a leader and not whine on the mound...hmmm i wonder if the bootlicker brigade will call him out for criticizing himself...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Jon Lester and Mr. Hyde

BDC, thank you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The media wins again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well-played Georom.  Well-played.  The only angle available for you to keep trashing Lester over nothing, and you nailed it.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Geo you should post, "Gee, I was wrong".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lolol I was wrong that Lester was a petulent jerk? why do you think he is apologizing for? BOSOX, that makes about as much sense as that earlier excuse...

Lester was quoted out of context.....lololol

which one are you sticking with?

Was he quoted out of context this time?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

lolol I was wrong that Lester was a petulent jerk? why do you think he is apologizing for? BOSOX, that makes about as much sense as that earlier excuse...

Lester was quoted out of context.....lololol

which one are you sticking with?

Was he quoted out of context this time?

I have never commented on the Lester thing. Do you confuse your students? Sally gets Jimmy's B?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Globe article today about him "hitting the right notes"..lol

total mea culpa about his petulent outburst a few days ago - looks like someone took him aside and told him to grow up...Im glad the sox brass is not taking advice from the head in the sand brigade here who felt is was no big deal....it was and needed to be rectified asap, hence the "clarification/further explanations" about EEI interview...

He said he needs to step up and be a leader and not whine on the mound...hmmm i wonder if the bootlicker brigade will call him out for criticizing himself...

I still have faith in Lester, hopefully he proves his worth again this season, otherwise a trade may be inevitable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnglishSox. Show EnglishSox's posts

I see no reason why Lester can't bounce back to at least a 4.0 average and maybe 14 or 15 wins.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to EnglishSox's comment:

I see no reason why Lester can't bounce back to at least a 4.0 average and maybe 14 or 15 wins.  

There really is no explanation for why Lester was hit hard last year.  It seems to be more of a fluke or bad luck thing than anything that can be pinpointed in his peripherals.  IMO, there's good reason to expect him to bounce back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to EnglishSox's comment:

There really is no explanation for why Lester was hit hard last year.  It seems to be more of a fluke or bad luck thing than anything that can be pinpointed in his peripherals.  IMO, there's good reason to expect him to bounce back.

Lets hope a happy Lester along with others was a huge part of the problem.  Our staff wasn't exactly being caught by Tek either.  I think Ross could also make a difference for Salty and the entire staff

The problem is talent, I'm not comfortable with Dempster or Lackey having a huge impact but it could get us in the PS if they do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

and the first round goes to John Ferrell!  It seems pretty clear that Ferrell let Lester know, "this is not about what you would like to whine about!  You will tow the company line!  It's about THIS TEAM!  Not your hurt feelings over Sox fans being less than completely in love with you!  Time to shut up & put up!  PERIOD!"

I'm not just raking on Lester!  They all need to hear it!  All players need the reminder, no matter what TEAM they are on.  I think Ferrell let it be known that the page has been turned!  NO MORE WHINING!  Go out & let our pitching speak for you!  I love this guy!  Soon!  I will love Lester again!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Did you say something chiwawa?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I think I hear more pathetic yapping from a very small dog. 

Besides yapping at others with monosyllabic yelps, does this little chiwawa ever add anything substantive to a discussion?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

yawn......  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Since I've never heard a word of substance from you, why not give us your thesis on all things Lester?

Nahhh!  If a little chiwawa takes a dump in the woods, does anybody care?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

What is a chiwawa?

Your joke like all your posts go down again in flmaes.

Flmaes???

Your yappings, like all your posts, are scattered about like chiwawa droppings.  This simile encapsulates your existence on this board.  :)  Love having you here though.  We all need a village idiot (so to speak) as a foil.  Pardon the mixing of metaphors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

How 'bout this chwawa?  Add the slightest pinache to just one of your monosyllabic quips, & perhaps I will consider not having you fixed???

Just a hair above "so's your mom."  :)   Otherwise you just sound foolish & repetitive.  Not a good mix for such an ugly small dog.  mindless yapping.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

What is a chiwawa?

Your joke like all your posts go down again in flmaes.

Flmaes???

Your yappings, like all your posts, are scattered about like chiwawa droppings.  This simile encapsulates your existence on this board.  :)  Love having you here though.  We all need a village idiot (so to speak) as a foil.  Pardon the mixing of metaphors.

Village idiot?

Why not get up. Head into your bathroom and take a look in the mirrior.

& here I thought we were making headway with your strained writing conventions????  You gotta give me something to work with. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

While I wish you could be the Plato to my Socrates, I fear I'm simply playing with Play-Doh?

Sorry!  I'm bored :)  good night

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Geo - are you going to run the same sort of campaign against Lester as you did against Beckett?  If so, why? To be "different"?  "Contrarian"?  What is the point, so you can take credit and pleasure if things go wrong for Lester and the Red Sox?

Sections
Shortcuts