Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now...

In Response to Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now...:
    In Response to Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now... : I never said he wasn't dominant. Please try to follow along as difficult as it may be for you. And last I checked, almost all pitchers, even 20 game winners, have had bullpens blow some games for them.  
    Posted by Babe-1

You try to follow along.  You said he has never won 20 games.  I said 19-9 with an awesome whip and era is a better measure of the pitcher.  It is difficult for you to follow the thread.  You base whether a pitcher is the best in the game by record and I told you that is a bad measure.  I gave you facts that back it up.  You can't follow the points because you don't want to.  That ain't my fault.  So, have at it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now...:
    In Response to Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now... : You try to follow along.  You said he has never won 20 games.  I said 19-9 with an awesome whip and era is a better measure of the pitcher.  It is difficult for you to follow the thread.  You base whether a pitcher is the best in the game by record and I told you that is a bad measure.  I gave you facts that back it up.  You can't follow the points because you don't want to.  That ain't my fault.  So, have at it.

Posted by jimdavis

I didn't claim that wins were the best or only measure. But if one is going to claim he is the BEST pitcher, I would think with the team he has had behind him in his career he would be able to win 20 games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

so ya see? I rest my case.
    it's a matter of time for you chum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

BTW HAMMAH,

when it comes to ROCK 'N' ROLL, AC/DC is only one small step above INSANE CLOWN POSSE. and yes, that is not a compliment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now... : Stop, piker never posts about baseball. His only reason for being here is to talk about "trolls".
    Posted by Babe-1

The moron comes to the imbecile's rescue.

Isn't that cute?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! sounds like you know about as much about rock n roll as you do about baseball. save your breath jr. when you called niz a redneck that ended what ever slightest bit of credibility you ever had in here. and as for bon scott and the boys, I doubt very seriously that you'd know how to play the bagpipes.

time to put you on IGNORE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

looks like the moron came to the imbecile's rescue.
    btw niz58, it's none of my business, but based on your most patriotic avatar, and your glowing words about american pride, were you ever in the service?
    i find it often happens that the most vocal patriots never spent a day in military service.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Jon Lester may very well be the best pitcher in the game right now... : I didn't claim that wins were the best or only measure. But if one is going to claim he is the BEST pitcher, I would think with the team he has had behind him in his career he would be able to win 20 games. 
    Posted by Babe-1

Yeah, YOU would think, that doesn't mean you would be right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ha! sounds like you know about as much about rock n roll as you do about baseball. save your breath jr. when you called niz a redneck that ended what ever slightest bit of credibility you ever had in here. and as for bon scott and the boys, I doubt very seriously that you'd know how to play the bagpipes. time to put you on IGNORE.
    Posted by Hammah29r2
    hammah, you got mail bud...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Another thread ruined by the troll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Holy smoke this was the kiss of death! found this when looking for my cleveland thread...good stuff!

As always - 100% correct!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to klaus1954's comment:

Why didn't you bump up the Bill-806 threads from the winter where he proclaimed that Big papi was all finished due to his achillies? Selective bumping?

Or his own posts, where he call the Sox the "Titanic".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Why didn't you bump up the Bill-806 threads from the winter where he proclaimed that Big papi was all finished due to his achillies? Selective bumping?

i thought it was from last month.....i was trying to find that Cleveland thread i started...then again if i want to read wrong posts, i can simply click on anything 4bs writes....he is consistently wrong

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SoxPatsCelts1988's comment:

It's hard to find many pitchers more dominant than him.  One could argue Halladay, King Felix or Josh Johnson but after that who would you truthfully put ahead of him?  I'm talking guys that have been doing this for several years now. I wouldn't put those other 3 ahead of him but more with him.  His career has continued to get better and better ever since his no-no a few years back.  It's scary to think that the best is still to come from him.

Boy is THIS thread outdated. More steaming piles. No wonder Lester has hit the skids.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

i thought it was from last month.....i was trying to find that Cleveland thread i started...then again if i want to read wrong posts, i can simply click on anything 4bs writes....he is consistently wrong

You were looking for last month's Cleveland thread on page #624 from two years ago.? The logical place to find last month's threads would be on Apr-May 2013 threads instead of May 2011.

true, i didnt know it was archived that far back...i was looking for my cleveland post...still cant find it...oh well not a biggie...i thought this thread was from last month....apparently im becoming the Rain Man

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

true, i didnt know it was archived that far back...i was looking for my cleveland post...still cant find it...oh well not a biggie...i thought this thread was from last month....apparently im becoming the Rain Man

Let me guess, you want to brag about being right about Cleveland?

You've got issues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, a timely dredging up of the past.  Lester was once a very effective starter.  He is still healthy and throwing hard.  He has not lost his command.  But he does now have a confidence issue.  He might be tipping his pitches.  He certainly throws a high percentage of fastballs and cutters, which means hitters can ignore his changeup and curve/slider, which could amount to virtually tipping his pitches because hitters can sit on the fastball, especially when the batter is ahead in the count.  I think he is fixable, but wonder why Farrell and Nieves haven't been able to figure how how to do that.   

Sections
Shortcuts