Jon wild all night so far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Jon wild all night so far

We missed a huge opportunity in the fifth with Adrian's SO with the bases loaded.  Watching tonights game John has had control problems all night even with 7Ks through 6.  I fully expected us to knock Colon out but not control issues from Jon.

Come on offense!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: John wild all night so far

How can anyone call himself craze4sox and not know how to spell Jon Lester's first name?  Lester, in case you haven't noticed, has had control issues all year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He was squeezed with several strike calls.
    He wasn't as wild as it seemed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: John wild all night so far:
    He was squeezed with several strike calls. He wasn't as wild as it seemed.
    Posted by moonslav59

moon, he wasn't squeezed, I'm watching the game and they are showing the strike zone on every close pitch.  The Ump has actually given Jon a couple calls out of the zone in the same area he called as balls earlier.  There is no debating the strike zone when you watch the game on NESN ask anyone who has it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I agree with moonslave.  He darn well was squeezed--aided and abetted by Yankee hitters complaining about called strikes that actually were strikes.  Yes, Jon got a couple calls, but screwed on several more than went in his favor. 

That said, I don't think he had his best stuff tonight.  The Yankees are hitting the ball great right now, and Jon did not rise to the occasion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't trust that strike zone. Sorry. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I don't trust that strike zone. Sorry. 
    Posted by moonslav59

Interesting, do you even get NESN where you are from?  Remember NESN is the Sox station not the Yanks :)  So you don't trust the strike zone on our own network?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I use two strikezones--NESN's and mlb.com's.  They are slightly different. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

How can anyone call himself craze4sox and not know how to spell Jon Lester's first name?  Lester, in case you haven't noticed, has had control issues all year. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Having a bad night max?  I made a mistake but I do know what I'm watching and Jon hasn't been this wild since he gave up 5 walks one game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I agree with moonslave.  He darn well was squeezed--aided and abetted by Yankee hitters complaining about called strikes that actually were strikes.  Yes, Jon got a couple calls, but screwed on several more than went in his favor.  That said, I don't think he had his best stuff tonight.  The Yankees are hitting the ball great right now, and Jon did not rise to the occasion. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Then I guess it's obvious you and moon don't get NESN, or live around the Boston area.  I trust our own local station, if you guys don't then so be it.  Like harness, it shows when certain fans are from out of state.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

Sorry max but I don't buy it.  I'm amazed how some fans on our board can come up with such strong opinions of our team, yet they don't live anywhere near Boston.  In many cases they havn't even stepped foot in Boston their entire lives or seen a game on NESN. 

It shows, there is no hiding it from the Boston locals sorry despite your expert opinions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

He was squeezed with several strike calls. He wasn't as wild as it seemed.
    Posted by moonslav59

I agree about Lester getting squeezed by the umps. But then again, I thought there were questionable ball/strike calls for both sides. It usually balances out by the end of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I agree with moonslave.  He darn well was squeezed--aided and abetted by Yankee hitters complaining about called strikes that actually were strikes.  Yes, Jon got a couple calls, but screwed on several more than went in his favor.  That said, I don't think he had his best stuff tonight.  The Yankees are hitting the ball great right now, and Jon did not rise to the occasion. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

By the way max, you spelled moonslav wrong :)  I guess others make mistakes as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Re: Jon wild all night so far

you just dont have the pitching. broke back whats his name, overated lester. and i remember when winning 200 games as  a pitcher meant something. not anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: John wild all night so far : Interesting, do you even get NESN where you are from?  Remember NESN is the Sox station not the Yanks :)  So you don't trust the strike zone on our own network?
    Posted by craze4sox

I have disagreed with several calls in our favor in the past. I don't trust any stations strike zone gizmos. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

craze4sox, I was born at Fort Banks.  Ever heard of it?  And, because I was an Army brat and then served in the Army, I didn't get to spend much time at Fenway.  But I do remember reading Sox box scores a day late in the Stars and Stripes in Germany in 1949.  Best of all was living in West Springfield when my dad was in Korea and listening to Curt Gowdy call the Sox games.  At age 13 that sealed my fate as a Sox fan.  But I pretty much ignored the 1967 season because I was in Vietnam, so I guess in your book that's just weak fan loyalty.  I did not in fact get into Fenway until two years ago.  Great thrill, great game, horrible, horrible seats. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: John wild all night so far : I agree about Lester getting squeezed by the umps. But then again, I thought there were questionable ball/strike calls for both sides. It usually balances out by the end of the game.
    Posted by jrh1194

I agree. The ump called the same picth a strike one time and a ball another- for both teams. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Interesting, do you even get NESN where you are from?  Remember NESN is the Sox station not the Yanks :)  So you don't trust the strike zone on our own network?

I am loyal to the Sox, not NESN. I do not know whose strike zone gizmo is better. I don't really care. I think Lester got squeezed on a few pitches tonight and so did some Yank pitchers

.Sorry max but I don't buy it.  I'm amazed how some fans on our board can come up with such strong opinions of our team, yet they don't live anywhere near Boston.  In many cases they havn't even stepped foot in Boston their entire lives or seen a game on NESN.  

It shows, there is no hiding it from the Boston locals sorry despite your expert opinions.

I have lived in New England for over 40 years. I have been to so many Sox games, I can't rememeber them all. I have even gone to dozens of away games. I didn't know proximity to Fenway made you a better fan than I, who moved to the Houston area 4 years ago.

Yes, I watch most games on NESN, but like to mix it up. I have watched 99% of all Sox games since 1981, and listened to or watched 99% since 1972. You live closer, so maybe I should just shut up?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

With cable almost anyone can get NESN.  I get it on TV and on mlb.com.  Other than the first six months of my life, I only lived in Massachusetts for 17 months, 1953-54.  Pretty easy to be a Sox fan when you are inundated with the Globe, NESN, etc.  That said, I can't claim to be as loyal as the characters in the movie, Fever Pitch.  When the camera pans over a Fenway crowd, you can see an awful lot of pretty devoted fans, especially when the sight lines are probably the worst in MLB.  My view is that Fenway is a great, great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's no use guys. Crazy4Sox doesn't recognize any fan unless he lives in Boston.
    (Yet he stated on another thread he actually lives in CT).

The feed must be NESN. So, despite the fact many of us get the same feed, but don't live in Boston, it's not relevant either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

so max

what do you gain from using 2

don't you need to decide which one is better

and use that as a reference point

I would love to know

who respects the nesn strike box

and who doesn't ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: John wild all night so far : so max what do you gain from using 2 don't you need to decide which one is better   and use that as a reference point I would love to know who respects the nesn strike box and who doesn't ?
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Being a Sox fan sometimes means giving yourself up to torture.  In excruciating games, I switch to mlb.com and watch a movie on the TV.  Also, when I go on the road (part of my job), I can only get games on mlb.com.

I basically respect the mlb.com strike box because it is fact produced by MLB.  You know that because of that almost fuzzy outline, which is intended to show that the umpire can call a strike there--or not. 

I think at least 80% of MLB umpires have problems calling balls and strikes, but would hasten to add that all do a much better job than I ever would.  They all stand over the inside corner and so have problems with strikes/balls on the outside corner and on low pitches, which are blocked by the catcher.  I frankly perfer umpires with a generous strike zone and get pretty mad when, as was the case last night, a Sox pitcher will get a ball on a pitch clearly inside the strike zone. 

I was also irritated that several Yankee hitters--especially Jones and Swisher--kept commenting on strikes called--or grinning foolishly to indicate that umpire was blind.  But it worked.  The Yankee pitchers got more calls than the Sox pitchers.  That said, I do not think the calls affected the outcome of the game.  Logan nailed AGon with the bases loaded with no help from the umpire, and Swisher drove in the winning run, same deal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

good morning max

Being a Sox fan sometimes means giving yourself up to torture.

ha ha

I have said many times

I basically respect the mlb.com strike box because it is fact produced by MLB. You know that because of that almost fuzzy outline, which is intended to show that the umpire can call a strike there--or not.

Interesting

I have never seen that mlb strike zone

I think espn has a pitch tracker too

but as far as craze's point goes -

I don't recall anyone shooting down the nesn strike box B4

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

what i really like was how colon outpitched lester. and why is lester regarded as #2 on the staff. why do you give up and down beckett #1 status. his inconsistency in performance is only matched by his ever changing weight issues. give lester a break. he has earned #1 status.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Jon wild all night so far:
    good morning max Being a Sox fan sometimes means giving yourself up to torture. ha ha I have said many times I basically respect the mlb.com strike box because it is fact produced by MLB. You know that because of that almost fuzzy outline, which is intended to show that the umpire can call a strike there--or not. Interesting   I have never seen that mlb strike zone I think espn has a pitch tracker too but as far as craze's point goes - I don't recall anyone shooting down the nesn strike box B4
    Posted by pinstripezac32

I believe its called the "Amica pitch zone" on NESN and its a great tool.  Those fans that thought Jon got squeezed last night were obviously just watching the game and coming to their own conclusion.

What actually happened was Jon had in fact missed the strike zone when he felt otherwise.  Then during the game the ump gave him back a couple pitches in the same area.  We simply lost the game because the Yanks pen shut down our offense and Adrian SO with the bases loaded.

It happens!

Sections
Shortcuts