jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough

so it looks like jonathan broxton is going to sign with the royals assuming he passes a physical. the deal is 1 yr 4 mill. apparently the sox were interested in broxton as either a set up man or closer but because broxton wanted to sign before the winter meetings the sox were not comfortable moving forward that quickly. broxton is one of the guys i thought would be a great buy low candidate this offseason. he is young (27) and could have become the sox closer of the future. like usual the sox front office comes up short. the guy signed for 1 yr 4 mill. were not talking about a huge contract here. the sox indecisiveness and inability to keep up with the market hurts them yet again. can the front office do anything quickly? took them 2 months to name a new manager and now they cant make a decision on broxton. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough

IMO Broxton would not have been a great addition. He is eerily similar to Gagne and Jenks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough

I thought it was the right move by Big Ben.  Brox obviously is not the closer Sox wanted.  After his struggling past two season, Brox has set himself as a setup guy, not a closer.  After losing Paps to the Phillies, Sox will try to sign a dependable closer if price is right.  If Sox do sign one, then Bard will be the setup guy if he weren't to put into the starting rotaion.  Even if Bard is moved to the rotation, Jenks will get the chance to be the setup man.  Situation was not right for Brox and Big Ben.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough:
    [QUOTE]so it looks like jonathan broxton is going to sign with the royals assuming he passes a physical. the deal is 1 yr 4 mill. apparently the sox were interested in broxton as either a set up man or closer but because broxton wanted to sign before the winter meetings the sox were not comfortable moving forward that quickly. broxton is one of the guys i thought would be a great buy low candidate this offseason. he is young (27) and could have become the sox closer of the future. like usual the sox front office comes up short. the guy signed for 1 yr 4 mill. were not talking about a huge contract here. the sox indecisiveness and inability to keep up with the market hurts them yet again. can the front office do anything quickly? took them 2 months to name a new manager and now they cant make a decision on broxton. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Well you really want to get stupid, you could blame it on the failure to get Francouer (sp?) over teh summer as he helped recruit Broxton to KC.  I'm a Broxton, but he's a bit on the low-key side, it may well be that the Boston atmosphere is not ncessarily something he'd have been comfortable with, but then too he is only in KC for a year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He might also be trade bait in July.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Ineptsein moved quickly on Jenks. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Like to see the mri on the elbow...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Sox already have a fat, health-risk set-up guy who may or may not be effective.

There are some redundancies that are good.  This is not one of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The RS interest in Broxton is the first I've heard of this.  Got a link that says we were too slow?  At the end of the day, we were one of 29 teams to not sign Broxton.  Were the other 28 teams too slow as well?

Given the loss in velocity, and B2B mediocre seasons, I'm surprised that the RS were interested in him as their closer, as you suggest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I wonder right now, at 11:49pm on Wednesday night if the new Sox manager and general manager are wide-awake, working together or worried about having "lost" the opportunity of signing Jonathan Broxton to the Kansas City Royals...ahhhh...maybe not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Not saying you are one Western O, but I think too many people here think the field manager has more power and influence than he really does in shaping who we sign and trade for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough:
    [QUOTE]so it looks like jonathan broxton is going to sign with the royals assuming he passes a physical. the deal is 1 yr 4 mill. apparently the sox were interested in broxton as either a set up man or closer but because broxton wanted to sign before the winter meetings the sox were not comfortable moving forward that quickly. broxton is one of the guys i thought would be a great buy low candidate this offseason. he is young (27) and could have become the sox closer of the future. like usual the sox front office comes up short. the guy signed for 1 yr 4 mill. were not talking about a huge contract here. the sox indecisiveness and inability to keep up with the market hurts them yet again. can the front office do anything quickly? took them 2 months to name a new manager and now they cant make a decision on broxton.  Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Hey redsoxpride34 either get on the bus or stand aside. This is not the time to ask what your team might do but to ask what you might do for your team dude.

I'm sure they don't ask for blind support but come on...you post a complaint on DAY #1 of the new regime being in place? Really?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough:
    [QUOTE]Not saying you are one Western O, but I think too many people here think the field manager has more power and influence than he really does in shaping who we sign and trade for. Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

With this field manager I believe one or both of the following to be true.

1. He will and does have an influence, based on his knowledge set, in shaping who we sign/trade for.

2. His executive management team (John Henry, Larry Lucchino) has given him more power than perhaps Terry Francona ever had to put a team on the field in 2012 that meets his own specifications.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough:
    [QUOTE]In Response to jonathan broxton to sign with the royals, sox were interested but not willing to move quick enough : Hey redsoxpride34 either get on the bus or stand aside. This is not the time to ask what your team might do but to ask what you might do for your team dude. I'm sure they don't ask for blind support but come on...you post a complaint on DAY #1 of the new regime being in place? Really?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it's Broxton.  How are we going to get along without the guys with two mediocre B2B seasons, followed by surgery?

Sections
Shortcuts