Jonathan Papelbon, hero.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: Jonathan Papelbon, hero.

Well he did get himself thrown out when apparently Tito would have had him still in there !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

He can't hold 4 run lead?  Sheesh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Pap is in mid season form. I believe Tito over uses him, but he still has the tools to do better. I hope he is in th NL next year messing up anothr team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Everybody has a bad day

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Weird inning,  Pedroia missing the dp, weird bounces, not getting a couple calls not really Papelbon's fault.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Stunning error by Dusty, because he's so automatic on a play like that. He's human, and still adjusting to the screw in his foot (comes out at year end). Paps wasn't bad, at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How can anyone bash a 'good ole boy" like this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny how there has been no b!tching about Pedroia's or Youkilis' play and their hitting. Where Pedroia's errors and misplays have cost or led to losses or near losses and Youk is right up there in the lead for E's by a 3rd baseman.
    However let players like Pap who has had 11 of 12 saves and one BS, in all his games he's been in 24 they lost 3 and of those 3 they were lost before he got in. Then he has today's game people are ready to throw him under the bus.

RS fans do have their sacred cows and never let stats get in the way of a great b!tch fest on certain players

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What I don't get is against all the lefties, Tek had Paps throwing everything outside.......in Fenway!.........Bust those guys inside and let them have to hit the ball to the larger part of the field.......That really burned me up.........Stupid Stupid Stupid.......Nearly cost them the game......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya as much as i am not a huge fan of papelbon, i have to agree with JimfromFlorida. This one was not really paps fault. Pedroia's error and youks misplay and the fact that he really got squeezed by the home plate ump. I hope paps does not get suspened and only receives a fine. Umpires deserve to be held accountable for their errors and inconsistencies. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

First off, Paplebon shouldn't be in 4 run games period !! These are the Games he should be getting his rest, especially throwing the night before. Paplebon has not done very well in non save situations, for whatever reason, and why Tito continues to throw him out there is anybody's guess. Pedroia and Youk get passes for previous contributions. Paps big mouth has gotten him where he's at !! This game is all on Francona and is the pure definition of why many people say the Sox win depite the guy !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'm no Paps apologist, but this one was more odd than just Paps fault.  Ball to Pedroia should be at least 1 out, if not 2.  I don't remember everything from that inning but a couple of those hits were more fortunate than anything.  Not like they were knocking the ball around the park.

I'll be watching Papelbon's next couple outings, to see how he resonds. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Disagree Al.  Tito uses Paps in 4 run games pretty regularly and it hasn't been a problem until today.  Not much difference betwen a 4 run lead and a 3 run (save) lead.  Things can still get interesting in a hurry.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

exactly, anyone other than paps should have been brought out for the 9th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

He warmed up when the score was 5-3 a save situation. He had to bring him in as he probably was lost for tomorrow because he was ready. BTW who else was warmed up?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

and every time he brings him in, in 4 run games, I will say the same thing !! The guy obviously don't like it because he knows his scarey face just don't have the same effect on batters when they're down by 4 or more. Also the problem isn't the day he brings him in to those 4 run games, it's the next day when he's unavailable because his "Workload" !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

so we end up throwing 2 games worth of pitches to get 1 win, in a series against a AAA club that should have been an easy sweep..same ol story...as in Friday, bard 8th, paps 9th.  Guess craps just wasn't ready and of course we'll never hear from curt young---the silent pitching coach

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I'm not down on Papelbon as much for his performance as I am for how he comported himself.  Everybody screws up now and again.  If he screws up or one of his teammates does, he needs to act like a professional and focus on the task in front of him.  His body language toward the ump was uncalled for and he let it affect his performance.  He owes an apology to the team, the ump, and the fans for acting like a jerk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

because people like to pick a few choice members of the team and harp on them all season. No one says a word the rest of the season where paps has been lights out like himself and he screws up once and they are down his throat again. Even Mariano blows leads. Remember 04 or how about last year where he blew a 5 run lead. Hes a great closer. Hope we keep him. Knock of all the BS.

also his ejection was BS. He was clearly talking to Salty. Why would you say anything if you get the strike

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Seriously, this stinks ... how can you lose a game when you're leading 7-3 in the ninth?!?

Wait ... we won?

And damn ... right as I type this ... 11 seconds into overtime?!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Papelbon, hero.:
    Why would you put a new pitcher in to start an inning when the previous pitcher had thrown a strong inning - 12 pitches, seven for strikes, giving up one hit and getting a K and a double play? I would have left Bard in until he got in trouble or had thrown at least another dozen pitches. Tito does this all the time after a pitcher has a strong inning.
    Posted by Flattiehater

Uhm.... do you understand the concept of a bullpen... or a SU man. They dont pitch 2 innings unless they NEED to. and if they do its like 1.1 innings not 2

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Wow.

Paps blew a game.

I don't think that's ever happened before in the history of the game.

Has the FBI been informed that a closer blew a game?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Jonathan Papelbon, hero.:
    Disagree Al.  Tito uses Paps in 4 run games pretty regularly and it hasn't been a problem until today.  Not much difference betwen a 4 run lead and a 3 run (save) lead.  Things can still get interesting in a hurry.   
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Yup, and Paps doesn't seem to do as well if he comes in in the middle of an inning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Ill be glad when craps is gone in 2012..let him be someone else's problem

Sections
Shortcuts