Jonny Gomes, DH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Jonny Gomes, DH?

Here's a thought.

If Iggy keeps hitting, why not put Drew at DH and plug Iggy in at third?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It is simple. The Sox should put there best nine on the field every day. At this point , Bradley certainly looks like he belongs in there.  Looking years into the future is foolish. Who knows what the situation will be six or seven years from now ?

Protecting the gem in Pawtucket is not doing us any good. But John Henry appreciates you looking out for his investment. As for me , I just want to win.

It is really simple... Not your money and not your problem .Sox think they have a a gem ! and want to protect it as long as they can... If ? They decided that 2 months wait is best move they will do it .We will see.This is smart move not FOOLISH ! as you don't understand it. Bradley looks really good hope the right chioce is made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Here's a thought.

nah, we have Ciriaco DH again.. or better yet, Iggys been hitting so well this spring (spring stats are the ONLY stats that matter don'tcha know??) that we bat HIM DH this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Here's a thought.

nah, we have Ciriaco DH again.. or better yet, Iggys been hitting so well this spring (spring stats are the ONLY stats that matter don'tcha know??) that we bat HIMDH this year

I know more than most then spring training stats are just stats.  But it's obvious Iggy has put on muscle and he ball jumps off his bat better if you watch his at-bats.  As far as putting him at DH?  That's just ridiculous.  Even though I think his bplayoffs play better this year doesn't mean he will be a offensive asset.  He will always be a glove first player! And considering he has MLB best gg potential and Drew is a bat firsth horrible defensive SS it makes since p plug Iggy in there.

Heres a lot of other angles to consider, I was merely just sharing a thought with everyone.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Here's a thought.

nah, we have Ciriaco DH again.. or better yet, Iggys been hitting so well this spring (spring stats are the ONLY stats that matter don'tcha know??) that we bat HIMDH this year

I know more than most then spring training stats are just stats.  But it's obvious Iggy has put on muscle and he ball jumps off his bat better if you watch his at-bats.  As far as putting him at DH?  That's just ridiculous.  Even though I think his bplayoffs play better this year doesn't mean he will be a offensive asset.  He will always be a glove first player! And considering he has MLB best gg potential and Drew is a bat firsth horrible defensive SS it makes since p plug Iggy in there.

Heres a lot of other angles to consider, I was merely just sharing a thought with everyone.  

you were being serious?! i thought you were being sarcastic so i made another sarcastic comment. lol my bad.

since you original thought was serious i'll just sayt his again. If the DH slot is open then Naps will fill it. not Gomes, not Drew. with papi out that leaves Naps as the power of this team and also the biggest injury risk. We would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Keeping naps healthy, keeping his "meh" defense out of the field.

Gomes and Drew are so-so defensively but their health is not as important to the team than Naps'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah Iwas being serious, maybe halfway serious.  An entertaining thought may be the best way to describe it.  It would also require Drew to actually hit like he did prior to 2012 for him to be a Good

DH.  It would also assume Iggy would hit better than he did last year, which I think he can but I see definite value in getting is love in there.

Napoli would be a much better DH?  Then I guessomes comes down to whose better at 1b Carp or Overbay?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

It is simple. The Sox should put there best nine on the field every day. At this point , Bradley certainly looks like he belongs in there.  Looking years into the future is foolish. Who knows what the situation will be six or seven years from now ?

Protecting the gem in Pawtucket is not doing us any good. But John Henry appreciates you looking out for his investment. As for me , I just want to win.

It is really simple... Not your money and not your problem .Sox think they have a a gem ! and want to protect it as long as they can... If ? They decided that 2 months wait is best move they will do it .We will see.This is smart move not FOOLISH ! as you don't understand it. Bradley looks really good hope the right chioce is made.

Again......Bradley can be called up in two months..... You can thank me for telling you why he might be sent down... Your  welcome.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

This is the Sox chance to give a young player a shot/and or field a better defensive team out of the gate.  It will give the pitcher's a confidence boost to have either JBJ in the outfield or Iglesias at shortstop.  It would give Lavarnway a chance to get some regular at bats.  There are plenty of possibilities with the Papi injury.  Take the lemons and make lemonade.  But please, please don't just give Carp/Nava/Overbay the at-bats in the starting lineup.  They are fighting for that 25th spot for a reason.  They aren't starters.  They are fringe bench players.  Drew could DH.  Gomes could DH.  This is their opening to infuse some youth and defense into the team for the first few weeks.  Run with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It's kind of disappointing that FO already made clear JBJ is starting the season in the minors whether Ortiz is ready or not by the opening day.  Is there any chance JBJ starts the season with the Pawtucket RS?  I don't see a point he plays for the Portland.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It's kind of disappointing that FO already made clear JBJ is starting the season in the minors whether Ortiz is ready or not by the opening day.  Is there any chance JBJ starts the season with the Pawtucket RS?  I don't see a point he plays for the Portland.  

Of course there is a point.  His numbers noticably declined when he hit Portland last year. Although he was still fairly productive and impressive.  I would've said he would go to Portland and be on the fast track to Pawtucket, but I think a safer bet at this point might be for him to start in Pawtucket.

We will see him sometime this year.  July 1st is my guess....but maybe sooner. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

This is the Sox chance to give a young player a shot/and or field a better defensive team out of the gate.  It will give the pitcher's a confidence boost to have either JBJ in the outfield or Iglesias at shortstop.  It would give Lavarnway a chance to get some regular at bats.  There are plenty of possibilities with the Papi injury.  Take the lemons and make lemonade.  But please, please don't just give Carp/Nava/Overbay the at-bats in the starting lineup.  They are fighting for that 25th spot for a reason.  They aren't starters.  They are fringe bench players.  Drew could DH.  Gomes could DH.  This is their opening to infuse some youth and defense into the team for the first few weeks.  Run with it.

exactly. We can use the DH spot like most teams do nowadays. Guys like Gomes, Naps, , Lavarnway, Drew, etc., can all get some time there...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Of course there is a point.  His numbers noticably declined when he hit Portland last year. Although he was still fairly productive and impressive.  I would've said he would go to Portland and be on the fast track to Pawtucket, but I think a safer bet at this point might be for him to start in Pawtucket.

We will see him sometime this year.  July 1st is my guess....but maybe sooner. 

Actually, he started out in Portland like a house on fire. It was only as he moved past the number of games he had ever played in his life that his numbers declined noticeably. I believe he also had some sort of small injury (ankle?) late in Portland. That being said, I think he only starts out in Pawtucket if he keeps up the torrid pace he's set so far in ST.