Jose Dariel Abreau

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Jose Dariel Abreau

Nick Cafardo is reporting that the Red Sox will not pursue the Cuban Star 1st Baseman. He feels the Red Sox will probably fill the First Base Job position with a platoon of Carp and Daniel Nava. He does not feel that Mike Napoli will be retained unless he has a really great September. I feel that when you can get a guy like Abreau, its cheap meaning that you do not have to give up a player to get him. If they go this route, its not enough and its being cheap and frugle. The Red Sox need more power numbers from a first baseman then they currently get.

If they let Ellsbury go, its going to be even worse as far as offensive production from this team next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Jose Dariel Abreau

I don't think Cafardo was "reporting" this vs. just giving his opinion as part of the mailbag. We know they have been seeking a "big bat" for the middle of the lineup for some time (Teixeira, A-Gon), and if all the reports about Abreu are accurate, he could be that guy. I've read comparisons of his potential to the peak years of sluggers like Teixeira, Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, even Miggy Cabrera.

If that's true, we could sure as hell use him. Hopefully the Sox will do their homework on Abreu and go for it if he looks legit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Nick Cafardo is reporting that the Red Sox will not pursue the Cuban Star 1st Baseman. He feels the Red Sox will probably fill the First Base Job position with a platoon of Carp and Daniel Nava. He does not feel that Mike Napoli will be retained unless he has a really great September. I feel that when you can get a guy like Abreau, its cheap meaning that you do not have to give up a player to get him. If they go this route, its not enough and its being cheap and frugle. The Red Sox need more power numbers from a first baseman then they currently get.

If they let Ellsbury go, its going to be even worse as far as offensive production from this team next year.

he is not going to be cheap.....there is a rumor that he is asking for 60 millions dollars contract.  Do you think he is worth of signing?  I think Boston have enough young guys to be moved to 1b such as Bogaret, Middlebrook, Lavarnway, Cecchini among with free agency 1b.  Boston is more likely to save that money to resign Ellsbury!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

he is not going to be cheap.....there is a rumor that he is asking for 60 millions dollars contract.  Do you think he is worth of signing?  I think Boston have enough young guys to be moved to 1b such as Bogaret, Middlebrook, Lavarnway, Cecchini among with free agency 1b.  Boston is more likely to save that money to resign Ellsbury!!

If he is what he's advertised to be (26 year-old power hitter with 30-40 HR potential every year) then we should be THRILLED to get him for $60 million, especially without losing prospects. Look at the contracts other players with that profile are signing.

Whether he is as advertised is the issue...Dice-K was an ace according to the hype, as we know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Cafardo didn't report anything.  He made some (educated?) guesses in response to a question. ..

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to albertct23's comment:

In response to torgorocks' comment:

Abreu.

Gesundheit.

Why are you apologizing for something that AL said?

are you pike?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Abreu.

Gesundheit.

are you pike?

Does look like an old Softy and Pike exchange ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Abreu.

Gesundheit.

are you pike?

i just find it odd that a poster with ~60 posts knows the inner-workings of the forum and information about other posters who haven't been around since before the tool created his account.

in any case, i already know the answer to the question and have reacted accordingly.

GUHBYEEE!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

White Sox have been scouting him for sometime now. They like to sign Cuban players. Williams called him next Cabrera, for even to mention that name the Red Sox better think twice. With better conditioning and practice he'll be an OK 1st baseman, but the bat is still there.

With Kanerko leaving, they'll take their chances.

Just want to say they have been scouting while he was playing Internationally, and he has hit everybody outside of Cuba.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Go for him!  If he was a better hitter than Puig and Cespedes in Cuba, why not take the chance?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Abreu.

Gesundheit.

are you pike?

i just find it odd that a poster with ~60 posts knows the inner-workings of the forum and information about other posters who haven't been around since before the tool created his account.

in any case, i already know the answer to the question and have reacted accordingly.

GUHBYEEE!

torgorocks is yazzer and albert is pike.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They say he has great power potential, but question if he can catch up to MLB pitching. There are some question marks along with that potential. Im guessing the Sox, and every teams' scouts, will weigh the pros and cons and come up with a number they feel comfortable with. Some teams will be more willing to take a chance on an unknown more than others. at 10M+ a year for 6 years, thats a big chance. The payoff could be great if he ends up a 270 hitter  340OBP with 30+ bombs...Or he could hit 240 with a 300 obp and 15 HR...None of us know enough about him to say one way or the other.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

If you are a Cuban Ball player, there has never ever been a better time to somehow get out of Cuba and come to the US....with the success of Cespedes, Puig and Chapman, more teams then ever will be willing and eager to sign talented Cuban players.....which drives up the price....as much money as Darvish got, he would have gotten even more if Dice K hadnt fallen flat after his 1st few years here....now with Darvish's success...the next Japanes e Pitcher will get more money....I hae no idea if Abreau will be a good Major Leaguer, but I would love to be his agent, because no matter what issues scouts may be unsure of....alot of teams will want to find the next Puig.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The foreign free agent market is very important in today's game.  This guy could be the right handed power hitter that we have been craving.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Best thing I read was what Cespedes said, he must have saw what Puig got and said he was a young Prospect and I'm a Superstar.

Cespedes wants A's go big time for him. No better Scout than that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Another Cuban first baseman has just defected. A guy named Yozzen Cuesta. Don't know anything about him.

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts