Jose Dela Torre on his way to St Pete

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Jose Dela Torre on his way to St Pete

This means move has to be made. I think this means Middlebrooks is sent down, DelaTorre is here tonight, Aceves tomorrow and Brock Holt for the next 8 days. Unless you cut Mortenson which give the fact that they needs arms tonight probably not likely or send Tazawa, Uhera, or Bailey. Of the three Uhera makes the most sense since he won't be available for two days and you could him not require him to go down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Jose Dela Torre on his way to St Pete

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This means move has to be made. I think this means Middlebrooks is sent down, DelaTorre is here tonight, Aceves tomorrow and Brock Holt for the next 8 days. Unless you cut Mortenson which give the fact that they needs arms tonight probably not likely or send Tazawa, Uhera, or Bailey. Of the three Uhera makes the most sense since he won't be available for two days and you could him not require him to go down.

INTERESTING LOOK !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

WMB is nt going down...Morteson may be the odd man out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

But you are in the same position you where in before. You are trading a pitcher you have availible for tonight for another pitcher you will have for tonight. The point in calling up De La Torre is to gain an extra so it has to be some one who won't be pitching tonight (Bailey or Uhera) or a hitter. Middlebrooks is the only hitter before this situation on the bubble of being sent down. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And JDLT probablypopes right back down and someone makes a spot start this week.

Dont be surprised to see Webster or Aceves on the mound tomorrow.

After that Morteson or JDLT will be back up with the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

But you are in the same position you where in before. You are trading a pitcher you have availible for tonight for another pitcher you will have for tonight. The point in calling up De La Torre is to gain an extra so it has to be some one who won't be pitching tonight (Bailey or Uhera) or a hitter. Middlebrooks is the only hitter before this situation on the bubble of being sent down. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes but de la tore is better rested.

If I'm wrong I'll but and wear a Yankees hat and post it on here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Another name who might be known in the bullpen by the end of the summer is Anthon Carter.  He's not on the 40 man so it won't be this week, but if keeps up what he's doing then he will be in he pen at some point this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Mort is out of options and would have to make it through waivers to be able to be sent to AAA. Nobody has options in the pen besides Taz and they probably wont send him down.

Maybe Buch on the 15-day. Not sure. Iggy and Middy have options, but if you send them down they has to stay there for a certain amount of days. Should be interesting how they do this.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would say Buch goes on the DL retroactive to his last start today. DeLaTorre activated.

Mort to DL with a tired arm today. Aceves activated. Aceves stays for two starts--by the time Buch comes off the DL they will have worked out a deal for Mort/Aceves or DeLaTorre.

It may be "Rubby Time" in the Boston Pen.

Conan reports Mort going to DL with a hip issue----hip, groin strain whatever it is named that's what it will be. I'm surprised they don't have to have some proof that the injury is what it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

well we will find out soon enough. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah I'm sure he's injured (better to be on the D.L. than out of a job)

So Mortenson IS the odd man out and Bucch is healthy and WMB stays with the team.  

PHewww no Yankees hat for me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Lester has to step it up tonight. Need a strong outing from him. Lots of Pitches in first 3 innings usually says Lester wont last. Been that way his whole career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Mort is out of options and would have to make it through waivers to be able to be sent to AAA. Nobody has options in the pen besides Taz and they probably wont send him down.

Maybe Buch on the 15-day. Not sure. Iggy and Middy have options, but if you send them down they has to stay there for a certain amount of days. Should be interesting how they do this.

Bailey, Taz, and Uehara all have options left. From BDC Sox page:

The issue is roster management. Clayton Mortensen has not had a particularly good season (5.34 ERA, 1.58 WHIP), but the Sox value his versatility. He does not have any minor league options left.

The only relievers who do are Bailey, Junichi Tazawa and Uehara. But when a player is optioned, they have to stay in the minor leagues for 10 days unless they are replacing somebody on the disabled list. The Sox would not want to lose any of those pitchers for 10 days

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Lester has to step it up tonight. Need a strong outing from him. Lots of Pitches in first 3 innings usually says Lester wont last.

Yup. Another good test for Jon Lester is coming up tonight. His team needs him to pitch well and go deep into the game. Lets see how he responds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Macadam saying Mortenson....DL ( hip)

Now that would be perfect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Macadam saying Mortenson....DL ( hip)

[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that Mortensen, for better or more likely worse, is one of the few RP who is able to go tonight and/or tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that Mortensen, for better or more likely worse, is one of the few RP who is able to go tonight and/or tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

He's also been pretty shaky lately.  You're right though, we are very short-staffed tonight.  The only rested relievers are De La Torre and Breslow.

We really need the good Lester tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[/QUOTE]

He's also been pretty shaky lately.  You're right though, we are very short-staffed tonight.  The only rested relievers are De La Torre and Breslow.

[/QUOTE]

Breslow has pitched in three games in a row. He is not rested. The only guys rested are Mortensen and De La Torre. I suppose Morales could go an inning tonight, maybe two as well.

This is a big game for Lester, I agree. He has a history of laying eggs in big games however. I am looking forward to seeing if he can reverse that tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Breslow has pitched in three games in a row. He is not rested. The only guys rested are Mortensen and De La Torre. I suppose Morales could go an inning tonight, maybe two as well.

[/QUOTE]

Morales is supposed to start tomorrow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[/QUOTE]

Morales is supposed to start tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that is off. I would think Aceves would replace him. Aceves was supposed to pitch one game in the Pawtucket DH today, but was scratched.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I got a good feeling about Jon Lester tonight. I won't predict a score but I will say that I believe he will get the W.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We need Lester to go at least 7 tonight....it be nice if we get 8. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Mortensen to DL with " hip " problem.  Yeah , those things happen. Never know when that hip can go out on you. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Bailey, Taz, and Uehara all have options left. From BDC Sox page:

The issue is roster management. Clayton Mortensen has not had a particularly good season (5.34 ERA, 1.58 WHIP), but the Sox value his versatility. He does not have any minor league options left.

The only relievers who do are Bailey, Junichi Tazawa and Uehara. But when a player is optioned, they have to stay in the minor leagues for 10 days unless they are replacing somebody on the disabled list. The Sox would not want to lose any of those pitchers for 10 days

Solution - Send either Bailey, Tazawa, or Uehara down and bring up Aceves, or another AAA pitcher already on the 40 man roster, use him, and then send him on the DL with a sore shoulder thus entitling Sox to waive the 10-day rule and replace him with whichever of the previously mentioned three that was sent down.